I recently stopped taking my Zoloft after 3 years. My god. My brain is in the gutter...

I recently stopped taking my Zoloft after 3 years. My god. My brain is in the gutter. I've lost interest in everything I do, I'm barely eating, barely sleeping. I feel like life is worthless again. Like there's no point being alive. I can see reality as just being pointless.

Are these my real thoughts coming back? Should I return to my numbed state of obliviousness?

Did you coldturkey ?

You should ask for something besides zoloft. Or try something with it. I suggest ziprasidone, worked wonders for me.

Hey OP. It's perfectly normal, no matter which kind of substance you getting withdrawals from to experience those kinds of symptoms. I promise it won't stay like this forever. Nothing is like that. You've made it this far, which is really great. Going back on them would be doing the opposite of what you really want to achieve. Good luck my friend. You're not alone.

yo i just started taking zoloft rip

been on Zoloft for 2/3 years now.. is it really that bad when you stop?

Yes.
You have two choices
>Stop now
>Don't ever stop

You're fucked either way

I did. I don't think its withdrawal. Everything just kind of seems shitty.

I'm 4 weeks cold turkey now.
Do you guys think it would be worth going back to my dose (200mg) and then slowly reducing it over a couple of months. Maybe that was the problem? IDK, I keep trying to think about why I'm unhappy but I can't find the answers.

If it was something specific I could work towards fixing it, but genuinely there's nothing physically wrong. I just have a feeling of huge emptiness.

It's withdrawal. I speak from experience. Look it up. U needed to weeeeen off it real slow. Ur already fucked. Sry annon

How can you take yourself off the medication you obviously needed?
It's an SRI, it binds to your brain and after you stop your brain plummets.
You royally fucked yourself OP, Start taking the meds again or risk suicide.

Yes 1000 times yes
Google it. Stop being retarded

You're unhappy because your brain was used to having SRI's in it to make it have the proper
chemical balance like a normal healthy brain now that you took away the drugs that made
your brain normal you feel like shit.

Start taking the drugs again.

get back on your meds m8

You getting brainzaps yet?

They might not go away.

Isn't 2 to 4 years (to all you guys) a long time to be on antidepressants. I've been told they shouldn't be used that long. Like they could permafry your brain.

You should've reduce your dosage in small steps.

Ha I got those when I quit for a bit

Humans have an evolutionary prerogative to be dissatisfied most of the time. It's thought that this stems from our ancestors; those who were satisfied with their lot either got eaten or were happy jackin' it instead of fuqin' biches.

Find yourself a major goal to work towards. Set yourself minor goals that will eventually add up to the major goal. Don't treat failure as a sign to stop, just embrace the learning curve.

You don't need drugs, you just need to get out of your mom's basement and do something. The fact you're taking drugs to repress this urge and the subsequent depression when you don't pursue it is all the more reason to do something fuckin' cool.

Sometimes when I forgot to take my meds I can induce those brainzaps by moving my eyes from left to right and back a couple of times. Anyone familiar with that?

Been on it now for a year, spoke to docs about coming off, told you need to reduce the frequency or you'll have horrible side effects - take one ever other day for about a fortnight,then once every 3 days and so on. Do this for at least over a 2 month period t minimise the side effects. You can also be prescribed valium to help with the side effects too. It will get better.

OP don't ever quit anything cold turkey you should know better
Slowly taper off

That's a naive take on depression though I appreciate you are trying to help.

> fortnight

He's right though. But

>fortnight

Pic related

They take about 3 months before they start to fully work. Doctors ask that you've been feeling perfectly fine for at least 6 month after that time before they say to come off. 2-3 years is about average.

On zoloft for a year, not had these, pls expand...

Like empty inside, forever empty? Welcome back

dude taper.

I'm also off zoloft, been off for close to 8 months. Still dead inside. Still emotional in a bad way. Suicidal thoughts are several times a day occurrences. At least the physical symptoms of withdrawal are gone. So I've got that going for me.

I was on zoloft for 2 weeks
I couldnt cum so i stopped taking it

What's so funny about fortnight?

Has anyone got any good news stories re: Coming off zoloft?

slightly disheartening seeing all this shit.

You can get brainzaps if you go off your meds cold turkey - wise.
They're like electric shocks to your brain.

The brainzaps are what you get when you DON'T take your meds.

You're retarded. It's 100% withdrawl, there are no special faggots that don't get SRI withdrawl.

Doc prescibed me zoloft for anxiety. I was on for 2 weeks and couldnt fap, i could never cum
A couple days after i stopped taking them i fapped for hours and blew like 7 loads
It was a good time

Obvious liar: brain zaps are not something that you just "haha that happened"

Lost my grandmother and my sister is in a coma, what drug will help me out Sup Forums Cocaine ain't cutting it no more

I use these when I get personal with children.

Go onto Prozac and slowly ween yourself off it, Prozac tends to have a shorter half life than Zoloft so it's easier to ease yourself back into normalcy. SSRI's over long periods of time down regulate your serotonin receptors, you need time for them to build back up. Also exercise, particularly cardio helps to build up your mood through a hormetic interaction with your opioid receptors. Trick to getting through depression is to have a plan ever day, just list down things that you want to achieve, like small goals. t. An user who used to have suicidal depression. Weed brownies also help as well as LSD, but I wouldn't drop acid when doing SSRI'S.

Jesus. You're probably right. I'd better start again, settle, then try to reduce slowly. Thank you.

OP Here. Thank you, thats helpful. I wouldn't say my life is bad. I don't live with my parents, I just got a promotion at work, I live with my girlfriend.

Its just a feeling. Its not real, I know. I'll try to set a goal for myself.

Did you realise it wasn't spelt incorrectly and have no way of replying, so you're just resorting to memes?

I've been taking venlafaxine for anxiety for almost 5 weeks now and I had ejaculation problems for the first 2-3 weeks but I'm good now.

I was really hesitant at the idea of taking antidepressants at first but I'm glad I did in the end. I'm feeling much more relaxed, clear mind, a lot less self-conscious. I focus more on the important shit rather than anxious thoughts. Of course I still have anxiety, just much less to the point where I can go to school, do well, talk a little more with people.

If you're not a retard like OP who stops cold turkey and you know you're smart enough to take your medication everyday and not stop, I think antidepressants are amazing.

Ibogaine, or Ayahuasca
Do some research on it :).

I've been on Zoloft/Sertraline for a few months now. I don't really feel any marked difference aside from being really tired all of the time, I could sleep for 14-16 hours and get up and want to go back to sleep after just an hour or two after waking up. Which is only slightly better than not sleeping much at all, as I was before.

I still feel suicidal, I still feel incredibly depressed and anxious, just as much as before, some days worse. I live with my parents and they say they've seen a positive change in me in that I interact with them more and laughing more and thus I'm "obviously getting better" but if anything I continue to feel worse and emptier as time passes.

Spk to your doctor, might not be right for you and they'll prescribe an alternative / increase dosage.

go back to the zoloft. i love my zoloft. i have been on it for 3 years, 200mg daily. i still realize that i hate my life, but it keeps me from going on a depression rage shooting spree. it just takes the edge off all the shit in life. sure its a false sense of happiness, but everything in life is bullshit, might as well feel good during it.