There will literally NEVER be a rap album the can beat this

there will literally NEVER be a rap album the can beat this.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/culture/story/20130809-the-party-where-hip-hop-was-born
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Young Thug - Barter 6 :^)

i can't comprehend how people like this album, it's such boring trash

>tfw you immensely adore the album and think it's perfect but the confrontational tone of the OP will cause people to shit all over it
I kinda don't want to watch

Soooooooooooooooooooo overrated

Proof that pretending to have smart lyrics and be "deep rap" is basically all you need to fool any basic bitch suburban white boy into thinking your album is goat

>Proof that pretending to have smart lyrics and be "deep rap" is basically all you need to fool any basic bitch suburban white boy into thinking your album is goat

This is actually more enjoyable to listen to than Illmatic. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's better, I just find it to be far more sonically pleasing.

I agr-

>high pitch voices
DROPPED

who cares that flow is 1000X better than anything now

Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive and yet monotone lyrics, set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst* for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking over a generic melody and beat? Don't you KNOW this?

*The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.

>tl;dr: rap and hip-hop are crap.

Not an argument

>it's a rockist dickrides illmatic episode

It was topped in 2014.

?????

Lmao wow only on Sup Forums

How so, is this album really that good, or do people just say it because it's Madlib?

is that kehlani

FUK U IF YOU DONT LIKE MY FAVOURITE ALBUM`

Pretty true

i can't believe they have enough fans for this image to exist
im going to kill myself now

Halsey
Lol at your pic but if you think Illmatic is trash then i dont know what to tell you

Madlib delivers his usual fantastic production across the whole album, in fact I love it more than on Madvillany or any other Madlibb project. But really the highlight is Freddie Gibbs. He raps his head off on every song, by far his best performance from any album or tape. The only downside of this album is that some of the features don't deliver the highest quality like Mac Miller or Ab-Soul. If you haven't listened to it yet, I really recommend you do.

illmatic is fine but it's hard to care about another plaid shirt dude who probably hasn't heard more than 20 rap records out of new york singing it's praises

Listen to da kiiids bro

really good

I would honestly rather listen to anything by Kanye (except for maybe Graduation) than Illmatic. The classic NYC sound of that era is incredibly bland and overrated.

Oh, this Kanye West?

Can't believe this the same guy that perfected dindo music when he made Yeezus

Kek
Yea but who really cares

>Monotone voice
>Kanye
What in the actual fuck?

That's cool, I heard Freddie once before and I liked him then, though I feel that at this level of hip-hop, it would be very difficult to argue that one album is better than the other.

people who care about exploring a genre beyond what the rolling stone magazine and their college hippity hop bars yo club told them was worth listening to

Not an argument

Cause its not
Without the autotune dummy

But how does this detract from the album itself? Are you saying that it doesn't deserve its praise because of the people who praise it now?

If you care about what people say about an album enough that it affects your opinion youve got issues

U impligen trab is the one who made Yeezus

Im implying he perfected dindu music but that too lmao

Better than Illmatic

Even without autotune, Kanye most certainly is not a monotone rapper. Examples of rappers who have what could be considered a somewhat monotone delivery at times would be 21 Savage, Earl Sweatshirt etc

i'm saying negative things about clueless dummies like you two wasting your precious time fawning over the most talked about 1000 times over NY hip hop canon not about nasir and his perfectly fine rap album illmatic

His vocal-range would be no higher than two octaves and you know it. Eat shit and die, eternal pleb.

I suggest you read up on the origins of hip-hop in the Bronx. Rap battles (like at the end of 8 Mile, from what I can tell) were set up so that the street gangs would stop shooting each other for once.

Also,
>deflecting the onus away from society for the production of murderers
You're not the first. Suicide Solution was blamed for 18 teen suicides in the months after its release (this was, of course, a completely normal number at the time).

>Implying it's normal to have a vocal range of more than two octaves

We're not all Freddy Mercury, faggot.

(I'm not counting falsetto, that's BS)

I know for a fact i listen to more rap than you from all eras
you just sound like a hater
You know its true

unironically spat my drink out

>nigras need to nig to prevent themselves from going FULL-nig and shooting other nigs

This is too funny. You're making this up, right?

What's wrong with talking about the album though? If you're not interested in the conversation, simply go to another thread or start another one about an artist you like. Also, deriding people who engage in conversations that you don't want to read seems as much of a waste of time as what you're claiming, at least to me.

beautifully put

It's ok though op cause xxxtentacion is gonna shift the rap paradigm when he beats the case you fuckin dust head nigger

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol, 2

i think really you're a scrawny dude from some eastern european shithole and discovered hip hop by way of lil ugly mane because if you listened to 'more rap from all eras' you'd probably try to actually talk about something that hasn't already had entire books written about it

because this board would be dead if every thread was 'there will literally NEVER be a ____album that can beat token album'

who cares get your knowledge up on something that isn't from new york or interscope records

There already is one

bbc.com/culture/story/20130809-the-party-where-hip-hop-was-born

This only scratches the surface, but it's a good place to start.

Nah im just sick of faggots who think hating classics gives you more cred because white people like them
>muh illmatic is boring
Youre literally trash kid

Agreed.

No, thanks. I've seen and heard enough nigras for several lifetimes.

>Knuckles the Echidna deviant art watermark
Based Nas, predicting that shit way back in 94

I don't know about other places, but Illmatic hardly ever has dedicated threads about it on Sup Forums though; the last thread on the archives exclusively dedicated to it was created on November 2nd, and the thread only had 2 replies. It may have books written on it, but at least here, there's hardly any active discussion of any substance on it, and you can't converse with a book. You can only see the author's perspective on the subject and think about what he or she says, you can't debate it actively, like you can here. That's why people start threads about it, if they don't want to bait people who don't like it, that is, and based off the archives, starting threads about Illmatic hardly happens often enough to be a problem for the quality of this board.

>Better Lyricist
>Has 100x better hooks
>Much better production

BARTER 6

lol implying ready to die is not the greatest rap album of all time

Black star is better tho

XXX already outdid it

also this

how does a 22 year old make this

lol

Wrong.

>The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.

I like hiphop a lot but this is true sadly. Hiphop fans are up there together with classic rock and edm fans among the most braindead people.

AYOOO HOL UP! FIRST WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIT NIGGUH!!!! RAPIN FUCKN WHITE BITCHES!!! AYOO LIZTN TO THIS FCKN MIXTAPE WITH NIGGA RHYMES AND SHITTY GENERIC 4/4 BEATS WITH SHITTY FUCKING DISGUSTING MELODYS AND CHORDS BECAUSE OUR STUPID RETARDED NIGGER BRAINS ARE SO FUCKIG SMALL THAT WE DONT UNDERSTANS FUCKING MUSIC!!!! AYO LETZ BULLY THAT POOR WHITE KID JUST BECAUSE HES SMART AND NOT AN OBNOXIOUS LOUD NIGGER AS WE ARE!!!! LETS BULLY HIM JUST BECAUSE HES WHITE AND PEACEFUL, UNLIKE US!!!! FUCK YOU NIGGERS!!!! FUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGHHJHH!!!!

this is the worst thing i've ever heard

*best you fucking cuck

100% this

*slurping noises*

Truuuuu