Why Was TNG So Much Better Than TOS?

Why Was TNG So Much Better Than TOS?

Because you're a pleb.

It really, really isn't at all. Unless you hate colors and personality.

Not an argument.

TNG was better in every way. Writing, characters, actors, plots, costumes, etc

It wasn't. Everything about TNG is bland. Bland sets, bland characters, bland writing.

The characters weren't even allowed to argue or dislike each other for fucks sake.

You are selectively remembering the good episodes and forgetting the bad ones, including a large chunk of seasons 1 and 2, and just about any episode that heavily involved Troi or Wesley.

TOS had a lot of bad episodes, too, but TNG isn't as superior as you indicate.

Agreed! Mean ol' TOS was plain ol' problematic. Mean ol' TOS has a Scotsman named Scotty, for darn's sake!

>We'll head down to engineering, upload ourselves into the transporter buffer, and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
It was a pretty solid plan until Scotty ate the other guy.

You can count the number of good TOS episodes on one hand.

There was more of it, which meant there were more good episodes in total

Are you serious? You don't even enjoy Star Trek as a franchise, do you? You watch it to fit in with your gay hipster "friends" on Reddit.

because everything is better in the 80's

Because time passes, that's all. Go back to it in 25 years and see how it holds up then.

A large chunk of seasons 1 and 2 were good though. People just hate those episodes because it wasn't "muh TNG formula" yet.

It didn't have awful damage control episodes like this.

I agree, but seasons 1 and 2 were worse than the other five.

because even if TNG had some atrocious costumes, they'd never stick an antenna on a poodle and call it an alien

also most episodes didn't consist of the captain subduing the alien whore with the power of the dick

Seasons one and two have some gems though. Outrageous Okana and The Royal are both a lot of fun despite being ridiculous.

>The Outrageous Okona
>The Royale
>gems
"No."

TOS is ten times better

Nothing in TNG can compare to the brilliant Kirk/Spock/McCoy dynamic, everything is grayer and more boring looking, the costumes are utter shit, and there are horrible fucking characters that ruin every scene they're in like Wesley, Troi and Guinan.

>the costumes are utter shit

great episode

atrocious costume

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come home this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

Give that fink a drink. Share some kanar over par, some Saurian brandy that's indeed dandy, some Aldebaran whiskey that feels frisky, some Romulan ale that's wholly hearty and hale, and some springwine at just the right time.

Yeah, so? That's one costume, I meant in general.

The uniforms for example, I hate the Starfleet uniforms in TNG

Not the guy you were replying to, but do any of the costumes besides the starfleet uniforms look good? I'll admit that I like TOS uniforms more than TNG ones but besides those the clothes in Star Trek have just generally sucked in my opinion.

>but do any of the costumes besides the starfleet uniforms look good?
yes

The costumes in TOS are colorful, not the mention sexy. TNG and its contemporaries tried to do the whole "gender neutral" thing with their costume design which is why it's so boring

Also calling women "sir," what the fuck

>also most episodes didn't consist of the captain subduing the alien whore with the power of the dick
That was like Gene Roddenberry's dream. The man was pretty randy and it's not surprising the show would reflect that.

Unless it was a 70s thing that I"m unaware of.

60s*

I don't know why I keep thinking it's early 70s.

That Prime Directive episode was top tier. What was it called again?

Pen Pals

Startrek is pretty boss. I showed it to my friend alexandria and she giggled. My favorite episode is the one with the cat and the robot.

Honestly, the crew being more futuristic. TOS had aliens. Thats it. TNG had aliens, the aliens LOOKED like aliens, had robots, and cool futuristic implants.

TOS was just a victim of being too far ahead of it's time. Had they made it when technology was better, it would be equal if not better than TNG.

this

>the aliens LOOKED like alien

u wot?

>Implying TOS' crew """aliens""" looked like anything other than humans with pointy ears or humans with goatees.

Again, not hate. It was just a product of the time. But it is one of the major reasons TNG was objectively better.

>Why Was TNG So Much Better Than TOS?
I like them both equally t b h.

TNG was just as bad with the human-looking aliens, a rubber forehead doesn't suddenly make them convincing.

>But it is one of the major reasons TNG was objectively better
lolno

Does it matter either way? DS9 was better than both of them.

this is true

DS9 > TOS > TNG >>> the rest