"make music"
are you kidding?

like fuck off

no u

Learn theory pleb

theory is for plebs
experimental is for true transcendence

I know basic theory. Writing compelling melodies is fucking hard

Then practice like an absolute mad man, you can't just expect to write compelling melodies in an instant - shit takes years

Stop sucking.

Listen to palestrina, josquin de pres or some other renaissance composer. They knew how to write great fucking melodies. Sometimes when im out of inspiration i take some of their melodies and play around with them, modify them and modernise them and stuff.

Ask David Grohl

Stop being scared to suck. I sucked but pushed through and I (a year later) am listening to old recordings and cringing. Now I'm better but you need to improve. Learn some music theory, it helps, learn to play other people's music that inspire you and learn how they use their chords etc

The post about the musical "The Wiz" where the Wizard of Oz gets an all nigger cast, reminded me of this recent interesting coontact.
I was out doing a little Christmas shopping and was in a store when I turned the corner and came upon a sheboon with female boonlet. The boonlet had its paws full of a few items and was showing them to the mammy and wanting to get them. I started to make my way far away from them as the mammy asked her what she had and one of the items she said was "White Annie". Upon hearing this, I had to stop and look. What they were referring to was a DVD of the musical Annie with the original and correct White cast. The mammy sort of grunted her derision but allowed the pile of stuff into the shopping cart. The casual manner in which the boonlet said White Annie let me know that must be the common expression for that specific thing and may also be their way of overtly designating other things that have White or bl@ck versions.

I'll tell you how you DON'T do it: DON'T start with a note/chord and then think "now I'll play this next because MUSIC THEORY SAYS SO".
No: uses your goddamn ears. Have an idea in your head, even a vague one, and then try and figure it out the instrument. Write with your brain/heart/soul/whatever - not with your fingers.
Also focus on chords because every single line melody sounds better with chords (and good rhythm) behind it.
Additionally, when you're not writing you should be figuring out how to play existing songs by ear. If you don't do this then there's there's no point in even trying.

Mah nigga you need inspiration... Practicing and theory and all that other shit wont help you with that. find a girl, drop some acid or spend a month alone in a cabin in the middle of the woods.

why are you even getting into music if you aren't already hearing melodies in your head?

honestly, I could barely keep time playing, needed tons of practice singing and experimenting with my voice, but I ALWAYS had melody. I just heard melody in everything.
Often times coming up with 2-3 melodies that meshed really well and brought the emotion out even further. I had to do that because I couldn't actually play anything, I had to come up with lines that worked together and record them because I had no rhythm section and no dexterity to play in a more traditional sense.

Good music just kinda comes to me from God desu