we need to go deeper
>silva rejigged as a very deep playmaker, playing between the two centre backs
>navas at fullback
>hart on the wing
>gundogan as a false 9 with aguero in midfield behind him
the world won't be ready

>BT Sport asked Glenn Hoddle what he thought of the match and if he enjoyed it
>he said it was 'interesting'
>said hes doing the fullback in midfield tactic which he did at Bayern and got found out by better opposition
>said he'll get found out if he continues
BASED

>"If I could play with 10 midfielders, I would"

-Pep "Pep" Guardiolel

Why not just make everyone into a forwards?

I often do things like this in FIFA. Often I will play tall CB's as strikers and put my wingers on ultra-attacking and make them run up and down the flanks, whipping in wicked balls for the CB to get his head on.

Once I even played Neuer in the No. 10 position.
I could honestly manage a top club if someone would just give me the opportunity.

> Total football
Based Guardiola.

>not playing hoof it to the number 9

does he even EPL?

>poop

anyone could manage top club, just not very well

Did the retard actually say that?

Because he could play with 10 midfielders (not without losing though).

In his last season at Bayern he regularly played with 1 (one) CB and had Lewandowski drift to the left.
It wasn't only because of injuries too because he did it before he was forced to play Alaba besides Boateng.

It works, but only with fullbacks like Alaba

The best defense is a good offense :^) - Poop Guordiolel 2016

i hope someone plays 2 fast wingers and utterly destroys city

If they don't follow the fullbacks in they will concede possession and their team will be killed.

>playing possession football
wow no one before him done that

eh
the fullbacks are playing in the center with 2 wide midfielders to provide width

>better opposition
>Sunderland

maximum kek.

if anything his players are worse. with Barcelona and Bayern he could meme all he want - he had very high quality squads that are extremely comfortable with the ball that could bail him out every time.

with City he doesn't even have a proper CM except perma cripple Gündogan

>fullbacks are playing in the center
I know. That's what i'm saying. If the opp. team's wingers don't follow the fullback, they'll concede the middle.

If he's such a genius why doesn't he play with 11 goalkeepers?

football noob here. How does playing the fullbacks in central midfield provide possession?

Surely any opponent with decent wingers/attack minded full backs will be able to exploit the space out wide

Seems a retarded tactic to me, hope it gets found out

make the midfielders and strikers track them lmao

Guardiola may be a fraud, but if you think he's an idiot and he will play with no full backs against a team with proper wingers you might be a bit idiot.

He was playing against fucking Sunderland and he always uses the first half of the season to try as many shits as possible

>needing the middle when you have acres of space on the flanks

Lmao

It just means you don't have to have a 'sitting midfielder' because you have your fullbacks to block counters and recycle possession, so you can play loads of manlets in midfield

Rather than have the fullbacks go down the wing where you can get crowded out and passing options are limited they sometimes drift in to create more passing triangles and make it easier to pass back to push forward.

Basically extra pivots behind the fowards rather than what Pellegrini used to where the fullbacks would wrap around the wingers and have two on each wing essentially.

If you look at how a match progresses when you are vsing a 4-2-3-1 and have position usually all players are forward besides 1 or 2 CBs. The difference last night was that the full backs didn't power down the wings they added extra options just behind, which also means the full backs are in a better position to regain the ball if the other team counters, rather than having them at the corner flags.

That's still 5v4 in the centre. That is dangerous.

The point is that it will be really unbalanced. You really want to do that against a better team? Plus with their possession, they have much more opportunities to attack.

It's not for that, it's to provide 1v1s for the wingers. Sterling had a better game yesterday; I wonder if that was down to Pep?

Love Peps experimentations but sometimes I feel he does it just for the sake of it, he always needs to come up with something special when something standard will get the job done.

Occasional reminder that when a brit says manlet what he means is 'guy who actually knows to play football and control a fucking ball'.

Of course it was down to Pep he had much more space to move because he didn't have Kolorov right next to him all match with 3 defenders.

That's my point. But Pep is a fraud somehow.