Is a .22LR round to the head enough to kill yourself? Or would it just make you retarded?

Is a .22LR round to the head enough to kill yourself? Or would it just make you retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1988/02/25/us/brain-wound-eliminates-man-s-mental-illness.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nMkiDguYtGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try it and report back

It has killed some. It has made some retarded.

it PROBABLY would, but you'd probably miss the brain stem and live. Honestly I'd get a cheap bubba gun 12ga and blow my head off, it's gonna work as long as you dont shoot straight up and tear your face off.

Put two in behind the left ear it should bounce around and turn your brain into jello.

It'll likely kill you if it's not point blank. Also straight up under the jaw pointing in towards the prefrontal cortex helps too.

22 short to the temple just powerful enough to penetrate your skull and ricochet around and liquefy your brain

that what mafia used to use because its quiet and works

Nice trips faggot, but he could make a zip gun out of lead pipe and a nail much easier.

>Put two in
I don't think you thought this through

Why try and punch through bone when you can just go through the eyeball...all soft tissue straight into the brain.

shit that works too

wrong, there is mostly bone behind the eye with only a small opening, and going through the eye means your almost guaranteed to not hit anything vital (brain stem)

Trust me I did. I am well aware he will be unconscious after the first.

go big or go home

>op implying he's not already retarded

shut up you fucking retard. stop talking out of your ass about shit you don't understand, that's why people don't like you.

OP, the only question mark is whether or not the round penetrates your skull. if it does, it'll bounce around and destroy your brain. if it doesn't, it'll ride around the outside of your skull and leave some weird fucked up scarring. 22lr is a truly disgusting cartridge

Has a chance of either, if your medical knowledge is low, there's a lower chance of you hitting the right spot, study locations in your brain a little bit and make sure you get the perfect trajectory for maximum lethality.

zipguns are shit, even for suicides.

Only one way to find out. God speed

.22 is powerful enough at point blank to penetrate the skull
it actually does more damage to the brain than other rounds because unlike other rounds it doesn't penetrate the skull twice causing it to bounce around in the brain case

youre already retarded, maybe itll make you unretarded.

Behind the ear, not the temple. The temple is quite thick, the bullet can deduct and tear off a good chunk if your face.

Oh and not a hollow point or was cutter, .22 is low power enough to bounce off the other side of your skull, that's plenty enough to kill you.

Oh and don't load more than one round in your gun, you don't want a nogunz to find it and ND in their foot or whatever.

Take a bunch of aspirin and call 911 to get your organs.

Good luck and praise Khorne!

>The .22-caliber slug destroyed the section of the brain responsible for his disabling obsessive-compulsive behavior without causing any other brain damage

nytimes.com/1988/02/25/us/brain-wound-eliminates-man-s-mental-illness.html

It could even make you less retarded

You're already retarded. Go for a bigger caliber.

He could do it with a fucking 10 gauge shell. It'd take his fuckin head off.

Thanks bruh. Also good call on the 911 part. What's the point of the aspirin though?

Yeah but they'd shoot people in the back of the head.
Frontal lobe is how you wind up potato.
There is no guarantee of any bouncing around either.

Where can i find such a beautiful device?

It'll go in and bounce around in your skull, killing you. So yeah.

yeah but back in the 50's they didn't have the tech or knowledge to save people

you would die eventually if not from blood lose then hemorrhaging and infection

/k/ here

As weak as it is, it's still a bullet and can still penetrate your skull. There have been many incidents of failed suicides via use of .22 though and there is a chance you could become potato. Your best bet is to sever the medula. Gun in mouth pointed straight back, angled slightly upwards. I don't suggest you do it but if you're truly set on offing yourself, at least you'll be informed. Godspeed, brother.

dude...inert gas asphyxiation, use either helium or nitrogen

not real, itd probably either go flying out of your hands, break your wrists, or just fucking blow up

Yeah, he definitely could, shotguns in general are one of the most effective suicide guns.

>Is a .22LR round to the head enough to kill yourself

picture a marble bouncing around in a colander.

>brainstew

Or, you could just not kill yourself OP. I had an autistic friend try to make a permanent decision based off of a temporary problem and ended up having the round fail to penetrate his temple and travel downwards through his mouth. Shit fucked his tongue up, so it was removed, and he's in an even shitier predicament now

That's not a guarantee.

You don't want OP to get brain damage do you?

Help the man die.

doesn't exist. if it did, it would literally break your wrist

but the 500 mag should be more than enough to suit your needs

Shot myself 2 times with a 22 semi auto and did not die. Had amnesia for a few weeks and still have bullets in my brain. Not retarded but if you insist on going an hero for the fuck of it, go with a desert eagel 50 cal or a shot gun with buck shot or a slug. Then again. there is the option of being less of a pussy and dealing with your problems head on. maybe get on some good meds and see a professional. Cuz Sup Forums doesn't care about your trollage so either do it faggot and put it on the internet at a tinyurl or be great justice and stop crying while you fap.

My lifes good dude. Nothing going wrong at all right now. I'm calm. Just too apathetic about life overall. I'm in college, have a girlfriend, great future career, I just truly don't enjoy anything. No big problem, just basically bored every moment of my life except some fairly rare moments.

Don't risk it buy a .308 and go out in style
All these people telling you .22 works are just trying to get you brain dead

>Wasting upwards of 1.5k on a suicide gun.

Medfag here, I've seen this phenomenon happen to a leg. Fucking weird as shit, went a long fucking way. Don't know if the bullet was sub or hypersonic.

Don't kill yourself OP. You have friends and family that will miss you.

kek

>giving a shit about money when you are actually dedicated to dying

your retarded

ur gonna die anyways

who gives a fuck

spend every last penny you have on it

Self reflecting much dude? I have no big problem. My life is good overall. Meds aren't an option, if they were, I'm sure they'd work. My depression is clinical, not emotional based on some event. I've been this way as long as I can remember. Fuck off with your faggot ass assumptions.

You could give that money to your friends/family to help cover your burial.

.22 would be good if you put the gun to your temple, the thinnest spot in your skull.

put it to your forehead and it's liable to just get lodged in the bone

In any calibre, open your mouth, push back to the top of your throat (not down it, but not up too high either).

The whole Idea is to destroy the medulla oblongata. Once that's gone your shuffling this mortal coil right off.

The only problem is getting to it.

It's easier from the back, but unless you have tentacles instead of arms, that won't work.

All that said, I wouldn't trust anything below 0.38.

Shit, go borrow a 0.44 mag or a 0.454 Cassull. THat way, even if you miss, you won't miss.

With a 0.22 LR, you better aim right.

Aspirin is a blood thinner.

Then you're blind, ugly, and still depressed.

Sauce. Sauce or LIES!!!!!!

>.22 is a disgusting cartridge

it's great for coons, possums, foxes, rabbits, squirrels, ect and is enough to kill something bigger if you do it execution style

if it doesn't kill you the surgery to remove it will. People have blown their faces off with shotguns and lived. 9mm at least.

Do NOT blow your face off! You aim for brain.

i've made the mistake of shooting a woodchuck in the head with a 22mag hollow point

didn't even penetrate the skull, just fragmented on its thick skull and scalped it

Don't forget working on your technique, trigger pull, and cheap plinking for the hell of it.

I don't know who the fuck would call 0.22 LR disgusting.

Obviously some asshole that never had a Ruger 10/22 (and also had the pleasure of customizing it).

can't see yourself, need to have somebody do everything for you, and learned how to not kill yourself

if you're killing yourself you either don't have anyone who loves you or don't give many shits about how you're impacting them. kys.

pics or it didnt happen motherfucker
if its real you have the fuckin' x-rays on your computer

i've shot woodchucks with shitty bb guns and still killed them, must have been a really shitty .22 short on a fucking huge woodchuck

And here, we have an user who truly doesn't get it.

Dude.

Unless you're shooting with a giant calibre and have a slightly backward aim, all you're going to do is sever your optic nerves and maybe, just maybe, give yourself a shitty lobotomy.

Not much vital, in the lethal sense, just behind your forehead.

Fuck, that's what actually happened to the real Lt.....(what's his fuck...the douche in Band of Brothers...but the actual guy).

Putting a pistol to your temple is a good way to go blind, but a horrid way to off yourself.

Again: mouth, back, get to the mudulla oblongata.

Yes, it would kill you because there isn't enough energy to exit your skul...it will just bounce around destroying your brain.

>INB4 .22lr is a pussy round
I've killed black hills mule deer with a .22lr

I wouldn't advise it. Probably will end in vegetation or retardation, or worse, a grotesque disfigured face you'll have to explain to everyone you meet for the rest of your life.

Why do you want to kill yourself, OP?

a 1000fps pellet gun is better for practicing than a 22, cost a little more but ammo is a lot cheaper so it equals out.

you have to hold it on target longer due to slower muzzle velocity, hell my gamo kicks more than a bolt action 22lr (though i wouldn't call it a kick)

also 22 is one of the most effecient burning cartridges there is

The .22 has enough energy to penetrate your skull once, but it will not make it all the way out. It will bounce around your skull and turn your brain to mush.

i think he meant the amount of damage the round is capable of doing on a human skull is disgusting. the ballistics of the round.
>it'll bounce around and destroy your brain

the way a .22lr round can bounce around on the inside of your head and literally turn your brain to swiss cheese.

>brain dead

Let that sink in for a minute.

Shoot yourself in the solar plexus, you'll bleed out in a couple minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=nMkiDguYtGw

>> bounce around

It ain't a 0.223 with a big casing behind it...

I'm not saying that what you describe *can't* happen, I'm saying that if you're in a bad enough mood to want to off yourself you don't want to get maimed and live.

what part of "mag" didn't you understand, as in winchester magnum, also it was a bolt action.

your bb gun won't penetrate the skull fucking pleb

>Is a .22LR round to the head enough to kill yourself? Or would it just make you retarded?

Since you are asking here you are clearly too stupid to figure out how to kill yourself....

If you are going to kill yourself, you should at leats do it with style. chain yourself to a fire hydrant and speed away in a car. Or maybe tie a noose to a parachute, get in a police chase, then parasail your corpse down the road on the 5 o'clock news.

It'll work fine. Shit it right in yer eye.

>doesn't exist
Lurk more

light yourself on fire in protest of something

The operative word being: *can*.

It's not a guarantee. And about that bounce:

- what if it hits your jaw?

- a vertebrae?

- a particularly hard part of skull?

- what if all that bullet ballerina shit only hits your forebrain?

Then, you're still breathing.

.22lr is inherently subsonic. It's a preferred round to silence along with .45.

FBI database says in the civilian world, the .22lr has killed the most people.

Great if you want to play some brain pinball.

100% of the people that have or will eat carrots, will die.

You are already retarded if you don't know the answer to this. Try it faggot.

>Using a .223 over a 5.56

Goddamn fucking carrots

you talking 22 winchester mag, 22 hornet, m16 ar15 rounds as they are all chambered .223?

the more umph a bulltet has with muzzle velocity and grain the more likely it is to clear the other side of the skull

And how many of those are murders?

I'm not saying it's not a deadly round.

It certainly is.

I'm saying that if you want to die, you want to limit chance and make sure you're gone when you pull the trigger.

Unless you really know what you're doing and have "luck" on your side, 0,22 LR ain't the round to use if you've got a choice.

Helium tank and cpap mask?

When I said 0.223, I meant the 0.556 NATO.

Doesn't matter how many are murders. Death by the round. It deosn't incapacitate, it kills/

You need to practice with .22's so you build up resistance.

A lead .22 will flatten on your skull because your skull is thicker than .22 inches wide.

But don't use the ones that are coated with Copper. Those are made with heavier powder charges, and a different primer composition which makes them move faster down the barrel. The copper coating is there to slow the bullet down as it runs down the barrel because otherwise it would literally explode as it hit the air when it leaves the front of the gun.

Nope, helium you can purchase OTC won't kill you anymore, they fixed that shit on us.

Since u are already retarded, you have nothing to worry about.

And, to be fair, 0.22 Hornet and Win Mag *would* be better choices than 0.22 LR (though I still stand by not dropping below 0.38).

underrated post, kek...

>0.556
>Zero point five-six
>Not even a full millimeter

Go back to CoD.

...what? If helium is coming out of the tank and that's all youre breathing you'll asphyxiate