/calif/ - california general

>44.7% of gold medals were won by our state (across all sports, not just swimming)
>7th largest economy in the world if we were a single nation
>entertainment capital of the world

Get in here bros, why are we so dominant?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-california-budget-debt-recovery-20150805-story.html
sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-s-400-billion-debt-worries-analysts-6812264.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_California
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

California is GOAT lad

That's all there is to it

Woo, Cali represent!

take away track and field and you are no better than texas i bet and massachusetts has you beat per capita you uppity left coasters

based 818-213

>805fags
>norcal hella keks

STOCKTON

>just get rid of all your success in this huge event and youre as shitty as the rest of us!

n the rams are back

rest of the states are you even trying

>be /k/ommiefornian
THIS STATE FUCKING SUCKS DON'T BELIEVE THESE LIES.

If we are so great why do our politics suck?

Your not from Cali

michael phelps is from maryland you worst coast loser

why would you be happy to live in stockton

Is texas good at sports?

This

He's guranteed black or Mexican or wigger

Who's your worst state medal wise?

I wonder how these poor Dumbfuckistan hicks feel about their irrelevant existence?

hawaii butim sure they memed in so per capita they are great

>Multiple american states have more people than all of Australia.
h-how do you cunts move?

wew all these mad faggots ITT

>you in charge of reading the whole OP post

You faggots are also pretty much Mexican

I can't wait till we are allowed to shoot you all. Good luck

probably south dakota.

>being poor and brown

RIP in peace

why don't any Commiefornians serve in the military?

Do you all hate America?

not true, but whatever helps you sleep at night

shouldn't you flyovers be getting to bed?

US has more land area absolutely and nearly all of it is habitable compared to the wasteland that is central Australia

WOMEN WEED AND WEATHER
O
M
E
N

W
E
E
D

A
N
D

W
E
A
T
H
E
R

Because we're not stupid poor rednecks

nigga, everybody north and east of sacramento are rednecks

I almost died in Iraq for you faggots to have rights, not to be disrespected in shitholes like SF or LA

Address me as sir from now on

>no water
>65% mexican
>20% african
>5% asian
>10% "white" (including white mexicans)
>communist

Hi Cück

>too stupid too know about the military bases all around southern California

LMAO

Reminder that UC system+USC+Stanford > northeastern liberal arts schools

>San Diego doesn't exist to this user

raise yo hand when speaking to me, bitch nigger

i've got 20 rooms at my hotel full of army people. every single one of em had a california ID

>all this butthurt flowing in
like clockwork

California might be more Asian than white in 10 years

.7% of gold medals were won by our state (across all sports, not just swimming)
th largest economy in the world if we were a single nation
>>entertainment capital of the world

don't forget
>2ND STATE WITH THE HIGHEST DEBT

>I almost died in Iraq for my Jewish overlords
ftfy welfare queen

>I almost died in Iraq for you faggots
You almost died for completely pointless power fantacy by a fucking manlet, retard

lmao buddy you know the bay area alone has a GDP that dwarfs your """"nation"""" right?
hell even the inland empire is more productive for fucks sake

we paid that debt off more than a year ago, champ

What Asians live in Mexifornia?

I've never seen an Asian there

Most of the people that serve are low IQ retards from southern shitholes

>low IQ retards from southern shitholes
you can just say southern

LA suburbs reporting in!

California contributes more than it takes in public services buddy

no California is still over 400 billion dollars in debt

I can't wait until we have to """liberate""" you liberal fucks from life

Every person I've ever met from California has been an absolute cunt

latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-california-budget-debt-recovery-20150805-story.html

Fuck off weeb

you know your state is fucking garbage when some dude in finland knows how fucked up it is.

Why do we piss off other states so much this happens every time on every board

>GOAT craft beer
>GOAT wine
>GOAT weather
>literally all types of habitat, something for everyone
>bread basket of the USA
Lads, why are we so blessed to be Californians?

sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-s-400-billion-debt-worries-analysts-6812264.php

We a copious amount of australian americans in cali so that explains your problem.

Success breeds jealousy my friend.

Let the Chicanos have their delusions

I don't even consider them people

his first sentence isnt even true

you know your state is irrelevant when you take anything Finland says seriously

>Per Crapita
You're just as pathetic as Eurosmells

got another link? I cant actually read the entire article because of their stupid subscription thing

>Finnish goaltending

I'll copy and paste the info senpai

SACRAMENTO — California has come a long way to dig itself out of budget deficits, but the state remains on shaky ground due to nearly $400 billion in unfunded liabilities and debt from public pensions, retiree health care and bonds, financial analysts say.

the rest of the article, dingus

the part AFTER that

I KNOW Cuck HOLD ON
“Yes, the state’s budget is balanced if you are looking at what they are required to spend cash on
this year, but not when you look at their expenses,” said Gabe Petek, a credit analyst with
Standard & Poor’s.
the highest level the state has had in 14 years.

gook moot just needs to add state flags so we can finally see which states start flinging shit when california comes up

>yfw it's the south

theres an Sup Forums addon that does that

but you can change what it says anyway so it doesnt really matter

>tfw

the highest level the state has had in 14 years.
Good bond ratings are a sign of a strong
budget and financial management and allow
states to pay lower interest rates when selling
bonds.
“Compared to other states, though, California
has one of the lower ratings,” Petek said.
And the reason is clear, he said. It’s
California’s debt and liabilities that are
concerning financial analysts, particularly the state’s rapidly growing unfunded retiree health
care costs, which grew more than 80 percent over the past decade. California has promised $74
billion more in health and dental benefits to current and retired state workers than the state has
put aside.
Major liabilities
Without changes, the state estimates that unfunded liability would grow to $300 billion by 2047.
“These liabilities are so massive that it is tempting to ignore them,” Gov. Jerry Brown said last
month in his State of the State speech. “We can’t possibly pay them off in a year or two or even
10. And there is little satisfaction in the notion of chipping away at an obligation for three
decades to pay for something that has already been promised. Yet, it is our moral obligation to
do so — particularly before we make new commitments.”
H.D. Palmer, spokesman for the Department of Finance, said the governor is focused this year
on reining in retiree health care costs. The retirement plan is one of the most generous in the
nation, covering 100 percent of retirees’ medical costs if they worked for the state for 20 years.
Currently, the state pays only for the cost of providing care to retired workers, and does not put
money aside for those who will retire in the future.

Last year, the state successfully negotiated with the professional engineers union to have those
workers contribute half of 1 percent to their retiree health benefits in 2017 and 2018 and 1
percent of their salary in 2019. The state will match those contributions.
Pension debt
Engineers, however, will see their contributions offset by a 5 percent raise this summer and a 2
percent raise in 2017.
The engineers union also agreed to increase the amount of time it takes to earn full retiree health
benefits from 20 years to 25 years and decrease the coverage the state pays for from 100 percent
of premiums to 80 percent. Those changes affect only new employees.
Palmer said the changes along with the prefunding of retiree health will be a model as the state
begins negotiations with other unions this spring.
State Sen. John Moorlach, RCosta Mesa (Orange County) said he’s skeptical that the state’s
model for funding retiree health benefits is the right move. Moorlach said offering raises to
employees to offset their contribution to their retiree health benefits puts more pressure on the
pension system, which pays retirees based on their salaries.
“As we say in accounting, it’s missing the sizzle of the deal,” said Moorlach, a certified public
accountant and financial planner.
Moorlach said he’s concerned with the state’s pension debt — the teachers retirement system
alone faces a $72.7 billion unfunded liability. The most recent estimate in 2014 for the
California Public Employees’ Retirement System shows a $43.2 billion unfunded liability.
Bond debt
Bond debt also has risen substantially in California, with the state’s reliance on borrowing for infrastructure resulting in 1 of every 2 dollars spent on those projects going to pay interest,
according to the Department of Finance.
From 1974 to 1999, California voters approved $38.4 billion of general obligation bonds. Since
2000, voters approved more than $103.2 billion.

Trojans-Dead dynasty
Spic soap operas-uh okay
dodgers-choke
Rams-lol
N.W.A

The state is paying on $86.8 billion in bond
debt with another $32.3 billion expected to be issued in the coming years.
In November, voters will be asked to approve a $9 billion school construction bond.
The state has $77 billion in deferred maintenance needed to fix roads, highways and bridges,
which Brown said is likely to require a new tax or fee.
All these debts and liabilities should concern taxpayers, said Autumn Carter, executive director
of California Common Sense, a Mountain View nonpartisan policy group that does fiscal and
budget analysis. When the next recession hits, Carter said, the state’s payments on pensions,
retiree health and bond debt will put pressure on social services and other programs.
“There is nothing that says we have to fall into financial ruin,” Carter said. “There is still time to
turn it around. We can still attack debt and tackle the cost growth associated with pensions and
retiree health care, but we have to be willing to do it.”

PAY DENBTS CALIFAGS

>the best teams
>the best technology
>the best music
>the best nightlife
>best views
>best weather

to live and die in LA

>44.7% of gold medals
kek, no

For this scenario, the US has far, far more than 1000 gold medals, since many of our medals are in team events.

147 athletes won gold medals for the US in 2012, for 46 gold medals. So I'm just going to say that there's on average 3 people per gold medal won. So 447 out of 3000 is more like 15% of all golds. California has 12% of our population so this seems about right

All the chem labs are in cali

>In and out

>even our meme teams are better

US invented stealth aircraft and now you have undetectable drugs.

see

actually it seems in the past we won less shit in teams. so it might not be 3000 golds. which makes sense, I would expect california to get a disproportionate amount of gold because the pac12 is really good at funding meme sports. still nowhere near 44.7%

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_California

>the ballads
>the hits
>the tunes
>the vibe
>the scene
>the A S T H E T I C

I can see why everyone gets jealous of not living here, it truly is an eden on earth

>select all images with palm trees

heh

>A S T H E T I C
Typical of a Californian to not know correct spellings.

I'm sorry I meant

A S S I S T H I C C

We should secede from the union.

>We should secede from the union.

>massive debt
>border state
>full of liberal pussies

Mexican invasion in 3...2...1...

or we could just save him the trouble - it's the 49 other states not named "california".

>lost to Cleveland

HAHAHAHAHA

>claiming people who only moved to california after their success

lmao what a shit state

What are you talking about?