twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

'sup

>Tajikistan
>electricity
>Internet
>food
Pick one.

Fill me in on what's happening in your country

I know very little about central asia. What are Tajiks about?

I don't know.

I'm Afgh*n Tajik. Afghanistan is beyond shitty, and Tajikistan is shitty by proxy. Not Afghanistan-tier bad, but bad.

Last year Tajikistan's president effectively made himself a dictator apparently, so there's that.

Tajiks are so qt I want to meet one some day

Sunni Persians

Tru Aryan island in T*rkic ocean

How many people died in the civil war? Was your family affected?

Is that the country where the President blocked all of YouTube because a relative posted a video of him dancing badly at a wedding?

>Any Tajik bros here?
Don't call my name, don't call my name, Alejandro.

>A FUCKIN ANCHOR

>molag bal

My man

Hey its you. How are you doing lately?

What the fuck, I'm Afghan-Tajik too. What are the odds.

I bet our families know each other.

There are two of you?

Time to work construction in Russia for a pittance under some scumbag contractor and die, join an islamist movement, or both

If I get deployed to Afghanistan and took some leave eventually if it were allowed, would I be allowed to visit Tajikistan

Apparently. I'm not the user you're thinking of though, this is the first time I posted about muh heritage.

t.tajik

Not sure, I only visited Tajikistan once like 3 years ago.
From what I saw, the borders are heavily guarded so I don't think you can just pass freely between the two countries.

Like much of Central Asia Tajikistan is a cruel dictatorship.

Its the poorest Central Asian nation and among the poorest nations in Asia as a whole.

It's far more secular then other Muslim nations

The people are of Iranian ethnicity unlike they're Turkic neighbours and currently there are more Tajiks in Afghanistan then Tajikistan

Significant diaspora in Russia

It was part of the Soviet Union and Russian Empire

Has a place called Mt. Communism and I believe a border dispute with China

There is nothing to see in tajikistan. All the interesting tajik monuments are occupied by uzbekistan

Thanks

The capital city looked pretty nice though.

Okay but how many people can say they've visited Tajikistan? Plus it'd be right next to me
I'd fucking hope the borders are heavily guarded

I'm half, but from afgh*nistan.

funnily enough, some tajikistani singers makes songs crying about that

youtube.com/watch?v=m1dkTK5yGAM

As kabul ya as herat hastin?

az logar wa kabul
khudet as koja asti? Irani asti ya afghan?

I'm only 1/4th Afghan, my grandpa from my fathers side is from Kabul, grandma is from Tashkent.

>Tfw no qt Persian gf to revive the Safavid dynasty and conquer the Two Mosques with

Irani astam. Mamanam az kermanshah ast ba babayam nahzige tabriz miyad

hmmm ba khyalam ke hamrayet 2-3 sal pesh dar int gap zada budam

Isn't aluminum the biggest export from Tajikistan and doesn't the President basically own the plant?

Oh man my persian is quite rusted in. Correct me if im wrong; you just said you traveled there with your aunt 2-3 years ago?

"I think I spoke with you 2-3 years ago on int"

Yes, and some minerals. You'll see huge chunks of marble everywhere if you drive through the mountains which was pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. This was a gud thread desu.

Are you asking in a hypothetical scenario or are you actually getting deployed to Afghanistan?

Sub humans t b h

Ah you forgot the slashes on Sup Forums. I was thinking all the time what int could possibly mean. And yeah i think we might had talked with eachother before.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

does your family eat pork and drink?

yeah my bad, should have wrote Sup Forums

>Butthurt Turk

wew

Nah. But they still arent very religious. AFAIK only mother is able to pray and she does it really rarely. She also dont wears a veil

Are there any good Tajik online communities?

Probably an afghan forum since most of them live there. Or any persian speaking one there might be some of them.

Isn't it that place with barbarians that kidnap wives?

good song

youtube.com/watch?v=U1uV6MLW5AM

Kurva anyátok

tajikforums but it's dead

Thats kyrgizstan

Degeneracy has no boundaries
instagram.com/p/BPnnGjqA6UG/?taken-at=245615810

You forgot the fruit

bump

how about you? do you eat pork and/or drink?

This

I dont drink since i dont like alcohol. I eat pork when its offered to me

Is Dushanbe a modern city?

only on mondays

okay?

The joke is that dushanbe literally means monday on persian

the joke was that dushanbe means "monday" and it's named that because of the trade that went on there on mondays

bit of an autistic joke tbqh

Thanks for letting me know. I think I'm going to buy a plane ticket and visit Tajikistan pretty soon.

Funny thing is that it used to be called Stalinabad

Really?

Why?

I want to start visiting underrated countries

bump

Prepare the be overwhelmed with questions from curious people.

Yea afghan tajik here

too lazy to quote all the posts by the american who wants to go to Tajikistan but a little response if he's still here (sorry for bumping a dying thread?)
There's not a lot of "activities" to do there, there's like five museums in the whole country and the archeological/historical sites are very badly maintained if at all. But the mountains are gorgeous and huge if you're into hiking, there's cool architecture and it's really interesting and enriching from a cultural standpoint, since it's a place that was on the Silk Road and that has complex relations with its past and its neighbors (Turkic and Persian empires, ex-USSR, recent Chinese influence...)
It's funny to see statues of Lenin yards from a propaganda poster of the president shaking Ahmadinejad's hand on your way to see a Buddha statue for example. The language barrier is a problem for tourists since they speak farsi and not everyone speaks russian, practically no english

pic related is the statue of the one poet they have in their entire history in one of the three public parks in the whole country - since they don't have a lot of things to showcase they kinda go all out on these