MUSIC BY WOMEN

Please suggest me more female artists that are Patti-tier. I need more female voices in my life. Doesn't have to be vocally-driven per se.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtcXD3cefuA
youtube.com/watch?v=xvGChZw-Mss
youtube.com/watch?v=sQIowXjGGMI
youtube.com/watch?v=mHx3gPId1NI
youtube.com/watch?v=WpWvlnMqLXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inga copeland

if there's any girls present, can you tell me how it feels when you get a tingling feeling in your pussy? like do you sometimes see something hot with your female friends (like naked boys) and then you kinda laugh at each other while knowing that each other's pussys are getting wet and tingling?

Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Cocteau Twins, ESG, Souisxie and the Banshees, Kate Bush, Au Pairs, the list goes on

Lisa Germano is the GOAT

PJ Harvey
Tori Amos
Joanna Newsom
Sleater Kinney
Laurel Halo
Julia Holter
Holly Herndon
Marnie Stern

Thanks, gonna dig in their discography

Girls can be wet all day and the people around us wouldn't even notice. It's hard to describe the feeling a girl gets when she's aroused. It's as if in less than a second a lot of energy, passion and adrenaline meet in one specific part of the body. Yeah the scenario you described probably happens too, but a lot of female friends don't just laugh it off. They'll actually admit that said picture is hot.

Have listened to almost all of these, good artists. Especially PJ Harvey and Joanna.

thank you so much. as a sad virgin boy reading your answer almost feels like intimacy

i don't think she is like patti smith at all, but "half free" by u.s. girls is a very good album

Frances Quinlan aka Hop Along

Cat power is good
Poison girls aswell if you like anarcho

piss off sjws

>>>tumblr

back you go!

youtube.com/watch?v=NtcXD3cefuA kim deal

Yeah no problem. I'll check it out, it doesn't need to sound like Patti necessarily.

Thx. I find Cat Power to be good but I can't listen to her albums at one sitting.

This is great stuff too. Recently got into her solo stuff after having Last Splash by The Breeders on repeat. Melancholic, laid-back and minimalistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvGChZw-Mss

There's something very intimate and fragile about most of Stina Nordenstam's music, it's more than I can bare sometimes and makes my stomach hurt. Nonetheless, I adore this record, give it a try. Patti Smith is one of my favorite artists of all time so maybe you'll like this too.

It's nice, like you said, it sounds extremely vulnerable, especially compared to the harsh and raw voice of Patti Smith. Definitely will check out this album.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQIowXjGGMI
This is the one moderately successful single she had, it was on some kind of soundtrack if i recall correctly. It's definitely not for everyone though.

Siouxsie and the Banshees
GOD TIER

Daniele haim

Love how she swallows some of the words, it sounds as if she is about to break down at any moment.

Listened to their debut once, I dig it.

Is her solo stuff better than Haim? Personally I could never get into Haim, because it sounds really watered down and extremely polished.

Don't go beyond Siouxsie debut, it's all downhill. Scream is pretty cool though.

Angel Olsen

Gonna keep pushing this in any 'music by women' thread.
Incredible album.

That album cover alone is enough to convince me to listen to her.

MY WOMAN is amazing, one of my favorites of 2016.

>mfw Sup Forums is too plebian for Joni
She's gonna die soon and probably won't even get a sticky

lauryn hill and erykah badu are great

better than patti smith imo

i was surprised how Patti-like the new Martha Wainwright was. There are moments when her vocals are so Smith-like it's uncanny. i'd be surprised if Smith wasn't an inspiration in the creation.

youtube.com/watch?v=mHx3gPId1NI

youtube.com/watch?v=WpWvlnMqLXc

>implying

She was one of the first prominent solo female musicians. People love her, and most folkies on Sup Forums respect her. Even still, she has name recognition.

Here are a few favourites that I didn't see scrolling through the thread:

Tegan and Sara
Vashti Bunyan
Grouper
Camera Obscura
Brigitte Fontaine
Neko Case
Laura Marling
Julia Holter
Molly Rankin
Carole King
Julie Doiron