ITT: Stuff from video games that fucked you up as a kid

ITT: Stuff from video games that fucked you up as a kid.
Scary or otherwise emotionally scarring.

The goddamn Wallmaster in the Forest Temple scared the hell out of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first time I got a prank phone call in the Sims I actually thought someone was gonna come kill my dude.

Any level in Crash where I was being chased scared me good, for reasons I can't explain to this day.

ReDeads from that same game.

Oh hell yeah. For some reason though, if I was being chased (wallmasters) it scared the fuck out of me as a kid.

The goddamn music in Lavender Town when I was 6. I had to turn the sound off to play it.

Closest I've come from real scarring is fucking Dead Hand. Though sky levels in the newer 3D Mario games give me unreasonable amounts of anxiety.

The 3D Mario World for WiiU? I just started playing that. I'm on the second world.

Actually, haven't grabbed that one yet. I'm planning on it, but just lost my job, so can't spend on "non-essentials".

(Try to keep me from Pokémon Moon, though. I'll shank a bitch for that game.)

I'm talking, like, the late-game clouds level from Mario 64, and most of the bonus stages from Sunshine. Fun, yes, but they just fill me with butterflies. It's like roller coasters or something.

Maybe stay away from 3D World though. It's not what I thought it was. It isn't a huge 3D world like 64, it's just a slightly 3D normal sidescroller. It's an okay game, but I wanted a Sunshine type game.

Jesus Christ I'm drunk. Those are barely sentences.

i was traumatized by some filthy nigger

I played through Mario Land 3D on the 3DS, and it was the same way - very linear levels. I get what you're saying, but I like both types.

And I loved Galaxy. Especially for Rosalina.

Long hall ways thanks to resident evil the directors cut/ first one. Fucking....dogs...scared me and every time it makes me uneasy

Galaxy was amazing. The Wii had some goddamn games. WiiU so far has disappointed me, mostly. Even the Smash Bros for WiiU didn't even have a story mode, which was the best part of Brawl.

That's one I wish I had experienced when it came out. It's one people always say got them, but I bet if I played it now for the first time it would be tame just because of how far graphics have come.

Finding this faggot while grinding diglett cave

Oh god.
>Can't run, too fast
>Can't catch it, only have great balls
>Can't beat it, chose Charmander

Oh hell yeah. Shit used to scare me too.
I'm big into horror now so these are my
favorite parts.
Its prob cause shit like this desensitized me as
a kid. Thanks based shadow temple.

What about this gem

Not scary, but horribly sad.
Hey You, Pikachu!
Where you had to literally say "Goodbye" into the mic about 5 times to make him go back into the wild.
And he just looks at you like this.

Yeah I never even found out what was up with that shit.

Oh fuck!!!!! Was that 2?? That literally made me leave the fucking room i was playing in my brother's room at my brother's house at night and it got me good.fuck that demon door.

you go through a demon door toward a cabin
that looks super nice and comfy. Theres a chest inside.
When you open the chest theres a loud bang.
The music goes away, everything gets really dark,
theres bodies everywhere, theres skeletons in cages hanging from the trees.

Nothing too bad, but for a lighthearted game like fable, it really caught me off guard.

I shed the faggiest of tears.

I think it happens the second you walk through the door, and it makes a loud noise once it changes. Make me shit.

Oh god, are you kidding me? I was bawling like a goddamn baby.

Any part in Metroid fusion where the Sa-x decides to show up uninvited, or just tries to chase you.
Then the 1st time it mutated freaked me out alot

I really hating swimming downward in any sort of 3d platformer. The water level in mario 64....uggh

I still hate the lurker sharks in Jak and Daxter: TPL

This thing from Space Quest 4.

I feel you bro :D

It's the game. He is panic striken, agaisnt ungainable ground. About to be killed/squashed.

Master hand always terrified me as a kid, think it was mostly the laughter, still kinda unsettles me a bit.

yall just lost
pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM

LoL, le scary pokemons muzik!!1!! X3

You wanna try that whole thing again?

Basically all of Shadowman.

My dad let me rent it when I was 13 and holy fuck, going in to Deadside for the first time. Not what I was expecting.

Now I love the game

Half life 2 Ravenholm. Never again. Never fucking again. Never beat the game because of it.