Does a bad album cover detracts from the listening experience? I mean...

Does a bad album cover detracts from the listening experience? I mean, I know is a really autist statment but when I listen to an album I think to the album cover and It helps me to read the music so a shit cover like pic related that has nothing to do with the album kinda ruins everything for me

piC rELatEd lOokS prEtTy cOOl tHo.

I hate you

yeah I think so

I physically can't bring myself to listen to that Built To Spill album (you know which one I mean)

Yes, it happens with me also. A shit album cover can make me have that mental image of the music being associated with the cover while I'm listening to it.

I try my hardest not to think about the album cover, but sometimes the album cover ADDS up to the experience instead of making it worse

whY? WhAt'S wrOnG :'(

>(you know which one I mean)
I don't. which one?

No actually I don't understand pls explain

Not him but I wonder how long you can keep posting with that gimmick until you get bored. I know you want to become a recognizable namefag, but I don't think you'll be consistent, I give you 1 week until you give up.

Damn, just look up the discography

there's only one album with blatantly awful cover art

i DoNt wAnT tO beCoME A rEcOgNiZE nAmEfAG lOL I jUSt dO tHiS beCaUSe i hAvE nO frIENdS aNd wANteD a fEW aUtisM (yOu)'s aND riLe a FEw peOPlE up fOr a mInUTE

BuT tHanKs fOR thE 1 weEK thAT's veRY gEnERouS, I acTUaLLy waNtEd tO sToP iN ABouT 5 mInutEs lOl

I did look up the discography and that album art isn't that bad

explain yourself

Holy fucking shit

looking at it closer it is pretty bad, but it doesn't really stand out from their other album covers
also is worse

that's bad, don't get me wrong, that is baaad

but nothing compared to the microsoft paint wizardry on Ancient Melodies

here's another I won't listen to

From the listening? Possibly, but it really depends on why you are listening to it. A lot of music is listened to so people can keep up a 'cool' image of themselves. If the album art is ugly, you wouldn't want that to represent you to other people and whatever.
Or, you just don't care and listen to music because it sounds good to you. I hope more people do this. A good album cover certainly can't hurt you though.

That album is actually pretty bad anyways. Poor Tim went out on a low note.

This album art is stupid and it still became massively successful.

absolutely
i think part of the reason i like exmilitary so much is because the album cover fits it perfectly, but there's shit like Black Flag - My War where the content is great but i can't stand the cover, which kind of keeps me from listening to it

Literally one of the most iconic album covers ever

Compared to some of Cobain's other concepts for artwork, Nevermind was genius

I personally think it's really fucking important because it's the artists only oppertunity to set a colorpalette or scen into the listener mind. They might also use colors and very descriptive words in the songs but the cover is a very big oppertunity.

Kurt Cobain:
>haha baby penis
Everyone else:
>Literally one of the most iconic album covers ever
>Compared to some of Cobain's other concepts for artwork, Nevermind was genius

KEK