Why are Brits so self-deprecating when it comes to their football teams? They're very upbeat about other sports...

Why are Brits so self-deprecating when it comes to their football teams? They're very upbeat about other sports, especially considering their attitudes towards the olympics.

t. The sun on hull's win over Leicester
>There were cheers when Jamie Vardy completely miskicked the ball when attempting shot. That’s what happens when you spend a summer with the English national team.

You mean our National team? It's because we've been hurt too many times.

Culture of football is very toxic and competitive.

Its so bad there have been nationwide campaigns to prevent dads shouting at their kids matches, theres always that dad who berates the team, his kid, the opponents and the coach.

That's retarded. That is common here too and nobody really gives a shit

Its different here man
Real fucking venom and hatred in it.
For example my dad used to come to my matches and keep a running tally of every minute I spent on the subs bench. Then at the end of the day he would go to the managers house and spend that exact same amount of time making loud noise outside so that his disabled son wouldn't be able to sleep. The manager never found out who was making the noise but I knew. My dad also got angry at me, telling me that if it wasn't for him the disabled son would probably be starting ahead of me on the bench.

Wow

>things that never happened.txt

Jesus, user

>Football fans
Men who want to prove their balls so act smug and deprecating about literally every team and player. And especially our national team because we literally always fuck up.
>Olympics fans
Well to do middle class country dwelling personality-less couples in their 40s taking the kids for a trip because the spark has gone from their marriage

Basically completely different fan cultures lad, very different people who attend.

>Its different here man

nope

Fucking kek

>There were cheers when Jamie Vardy completely miskicked the ball when attempting shot. That’s what happens when you spend a summer with the English national team.

This happens all the time in every division.

It has nothing to do with the England NT.

>There were cheers when Jamie Vardy completely miskicked the ball when attempting shot
That happens every single time any player playing for any team in any divion does it.

Because we put insane amounts of money into it and are still shit

Most football fans are fucking dumb as fuck, most other sports have fairly average fans. Except rugby league, their fans are even dumber than football fans.

They're only dumber because their Northern, >per capita, football fans are more stupid

BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES US NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE WE ARE MILLWALL SUPER MILLWALL WE ARE MILLWALL FROM THE DEN NO ONE LIKES US NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE WE ARE MILLWALL SUPER MILLWALL WE ARE MILLWALL FROM THE DEN NO ONE LIKES US NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE WE ARE MILLWALL SUPER MILLWALL WE ARE MILLWALL FROM THE DEN NO ONE LIKES US NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE WE ARE MILLWALL SUPER MILLWALL WE ARE MILLWALL FROM THE DEN

I'm a northerner, I see both up close on a regular basis, rugby league fans are dumber. Football is popular across the board so you get lots of pretty average football fans but lots of dumb ones too. You have to be stupid to actually like rugby league though, there's no way anyone with any brain cells could like that sport.

It's the same way here with some parents. South Florida baseball is brutal, every dad thinks their kid is the next Harper or Cabrera.

Just the national team. English fans are always bashing the team but deep inside hoping this is the tournament where they prove everyone wrong yet deeper still knowing they won't.
However, only they're allowed to bash it and when some JF does it everyone gets defensive, but that is true of a lot of fans of other teams I guess.

Football is really cancerous tbqh

sounds pretty standard in America. I've reffed games where there have been cops on the sidelines cause the parents had gotten into a brawl last time the teams played

Ever watched the NRL or been in an /nrl/ thread

There is literally no fanbase more idiotic and repulsive than thugby yawngue bogans

Another classic britblog.

>go to watch my nephew play
>some arsehole kicking off
>threaten him
>he keeps doing it
>tells me he'll wait for me after the match
>walking down the steps to the car park at the end
>push him down the stairs in front of his wife and kids
>drive home

Thankfully it was my word against his and he's done time in HMP Wakefield.

What a loser, and I'm referring to you.

Vardy's a racist cunt

Only his team's fans even remotely like him

>especially considering their attitudes towards the olympics.

that's just a response to americans spouting shite

typically we're very self deprecating

>football fans caring about someone being racist