Why does shaving my face get irritated and swollen so much? Like I don't want a beard

Why does shaving my face get irritated and swollen so much? Like I don't want a beard.

you are using lubricant.

I use Barbasol shaving cream

Buy new razors, take a long hot shower, apply a decent gel, first shave with the grain. Then if you need a better closer shave, apply gel again and shave against the grain.

I have a beard now but I always just used an electric razor, a couple of hundred for a good one. You shave dry, shouldn't get irritated, never buy razors and creams again.

Truth

>razor burnn
rinse the razor in cold water, not hot.
the colder it is, the sharper it is because metal expands when heated.so the leading edge of the blade gets thicker if you rinse it in hot water.

user.....Exactly how old are you???

user?????

Try cold shaving. Just rinse your face with cold shower water before shaving. The cold skin will reduce razor burn, cuts, and bleeding.

Continue using barbasol to lubricate and reduce razor burn.

Make sure to scrub dead skin off your face before shaving to reduce irritated ingrow hairs.

What kind of razor do you use? And whuch direction do you shave

Shave after while taking a shower. Beard gets soft

hot water and shaving cream 1blade/sharp razor

Beards are manly

this explains a lot

hot water opens up your pores, making it easier to shave. Apply cream let sit for a minute. Shave WITH the grain with light short strokes, let the blades do the work. If your skin can tolerate it, shave across the grain or againts the grain for finishing touches. Rinse face with COLD water. Apply aftershave.

Get an electric razor.
or
Wash your face with warm water before shaving and cold water after you apply some sort of alcohol to kill some of those streptoccoci that cause those red zits.

Use this, nearly as perfect as a clean shave and no swelling or ingrown hair.

Everyone's beard and skin is different. First off map your beard growth so you know what direction it grows. Shaving with the grain or agaisnt the grain doesn't mean shit since not everyones beard grows down and it can grow in different directions on different parts of the face. You have to shave with, agasint or across the grain of your beard growth pattern,

Proper prep helps. Wash your face with warm water and a glycerin based soap before you shave. Glycerin is hygroscopic and will draw water to the base of the beard hair and soften the hairs. You can use cold water to rinse.

Canned cream sucks. It contains propellants that dry out your beard and face but if thats what you have then mix some water with the canned shaving cream till its more like loose yogurt. Shave with light pressure. Its better to do light pressure and then reapply shaving cream and do a second pass. Beard reduction is the goal. Don't shave over skin that isn't protected by shaving cream . Once you shave off the cream don't go over that area again unless you reapply shaving cream first.

The neck is a tricky area for most people. If you are prone to irritation then shave more lightly and accept that you won't get it close there...go for socially acceptable rather than bare. Comfortable is better than razor burn.

Watch videos on Youtube by Mantic59 and Nickshaves. They use double edge safety razors but the prep and techniques are applicable to cartridge razors. I'd also recommend visiting the Badger and Blade forums. Guys there will give you good advice.

Just be a man and grow a beard

Considering all the guys growing beards now are millennial hipster lumber sexual faggots and queers he's better off shaving it

Shaving against the grain causes irritation, ingrown hairs and pimples for some people, especially dark skinned people. So you might want to avoid shaving against the grain

fag

You have a pretty mouth and with all that hair on your face its just like a pussy. Squeal boy!

use after shave you dumb fucking ape

literally made FOR THIS EXACT FUCKING REASON

I use witchhazel and/or Nivea cooling aftershave balm. Works awesome

Shit nigga, never thought of it

This.

OP get a real razor and learn how to do it right. Second for Mantic59