AOTYSF

visualdisturbances.bandcamp.com/album/uncanny-valley

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/819931847912288257
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so far im liking those Hollywood Undead raps over surf post-punk

Surf or die pleb

It's sad such great album art is wasted on this.

Why is it wasted?

Do we have an exact album length? I estimated about 100 minutes

Also why are so many albums called Uncanny Valley? I tried searching for that at first and gave up.

104 mins

Danke

I really wish I had known about this last night to mention to Child Bite instead of Tangible Rays just because its way more up their alley if not even kind of comparable.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Thank you

Favorite song? Tanic is kinda blowing my mind especially in relation to the previous songs specific styles.

really interesting

I'm going to feel very accomplished making it through all 104 minutes in one sitting.

Did we actually make it 30 minutes before getting to a beat? One which is actually pretty badass at that.

Tanic is probably my favorite actually, it's just super well crafted.

Unknown pleasures and black effigy speaks are good ones to look out for too

The next one actually just kicked my fucking ass

Hooboy what have I gotten myself into.

You're entering the uncanny valley my friend

Oh I should really take that article seriously then. I saw something about robot people and got scared.

Maybe. I'm not sure how much they take from that definition

Song 8 seems to kind of miss an opportunity vocally. When those drums started I thought we were gonna launch into space but he didn't really work out a vocal melody where I think the song really called for it. The music just seemed so different from the rest of the album that I thought his vocals should have followed suit at me as in the beginning. He did seem to actually be going for something different but be should be focused on composition instead of style. Still good though but I thought we had just hit the literal motherload for second there.

Fucking autocorrect

Me as = least

But holy fuck did song 8 end strong

Not launching into space, more like being thrown into the jungle with a demon chasing you

correct

MODS

Well yeah definitely being launched somewhere I agree that's far more accurate. All I knew is I needed to hold onto my butt. Although then his vocals kinda pulled the reigns back on me which I feel may have been unintentional yet understandable. He doesn't exactly seem to be a master of melody which during 104 minutes is nice to at least have the option once in awhile. Maybe I'll work on something and if I ever see them run it by him or just start doing it.

Yeah I don't think melody is really the primary focus here but I get your point.

This may actually be the first cassette I've bought in I don't know how many years and I fucking hate cassettes. I dunno it just seems appropriate for this and actually I'd just like to have them mail me something to see how normal or not the package is. They dont offer any other format anyways.

Oh shit speaking of vocal melody here we go. Looks to be at a little over the one hour mark.

i have no idea how to even describe unknown pleasures

Yep sure enough Black Effigy was the one I was referring to about the first one I noticed actual vocal melodies.

How long will this take to sell out? A week?

Is this an epic meme?
This is the worst thing i've ever heard.

Considering it's fantano approved I suppose it is

Wut where?

It's all about the big picture.

twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/819931847912288257

holy shit, this might be my AOTYSF too, what the fuck

God fucking dammit

Is it too late to cancel my tape order?

yea but it's not too late to end ur life

Is it ever?

>caring this much what other people think

The ineptitude is endless

No actually I was just encouraged and impressed that someone here found it on their own.

And consequently that not only it isn't the case but it's fantano from who we're fresh off a Street Sects backlash. Although I shouldn't be worried since this album doesn't have any inherent large appeal like they do. Uncanny Valley has preempted any memes just on its own.