The worst thing about my sick and dying cat, is that she doesn't want to be around me at all...

the worst thing about my sick and dying cat, is that she doesn't want to be around me at all. it only makes this depressing as fuck time even more awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=fOXmwnQSNpc&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOXmwnQSNpc&has_verified=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess your cat never really liked you to begin with...

yeah, probably. who would? lol

You should mercy kill it so it suffers less.

My cat was the same way. She was 15 and had very rapidly onset oral cancer and within a month and a half we had to put her down. Cats are very observant and I think a lot of this has to do with us changing our behavior because we know they're very sick. Not only do they feel horrible, but they also now have a long time companion acting completely differently. I realized this and spent as much time as I could acting like she was a crazy year old kitty again and soon after knew I had to put her down so she wouldn't have to suffer.

Dying cats are really some of the most painful things. Heart goes out to you OP. hope you have some good times with you kitty before it goes, but know that holding on and keeping them around could probably lead to them unnecessarily suffering. Take care.

she's not even 3, so it's pretty fucking heartbreaking.
my last cat also died of oral cancer, and she was 15ish. extremely sad

Jesus. That is really sad. What is going on with her, if you know? Hope you two can have some okay moments before she goes.

she should have a few more lives left

i'm not sure.. 2 weeks ago, i fed her some wet food that she then threw up for over a half an hour, along with dry food, and then just bile for like 15 minutes... i took her to the vet the next day and they said she had an allergic reaction, but they also weren't sure. they charged me about 150 dollars for a nausia shot, some medicine for her GI tract and etc, and the doctor visit... she had been doing fine ever since, not throwing up, the only bad sign was some slight diahreiah in her poop, but i hoped that would just clear up, and also because the vet is so god damn expensive... but fuck.. i guess its really just my fault for being a poorfag
ikr? it doesn't make any sense

You should take her to the vet if she is ill.

i will, but fuck, its 3 in the morning, i cannot afford that shit. i have to wait until 8am.. i hate myself for it, but i literally cannot afford it.. i fucking wish i could, fuck

Continued: It's probably better to have her put down by a vet instead of having her suffer.

Damn man. That is really rough. Yeah, I've been through the same shit with my pets over the years. Even got convinced by my vets to open a pet credit card which has been racked up to the thousands pet after pet and I'm still paying it off. The worst part is knowing that they easily could have said "the situation is fucked, im sorry." yet you feel like you should be putting your all into your companion and they give you the menu for all the possible treatments and how they might work. But like you said, maybe it's just being poor and we shouldn't be able to have pets. I dunno.

I have sympathy for your cat, but if you adopt an animal you have to be able to look after it properly. Poorfag? Get pet insurance. Can't afford pet insurance? Don't get a pet. Simple.

yeah, i'm aware of such shit.. but the first time i was hoping it'd be it.. but since it isn't.. i can't keep paying for it..
lol, growing up, ive never even heard of pet insurance, and i've had cats and dogs both grow well old.. i get it though, i probably won't get another animal after this, i'll probably just inadvertently kill the next one.

you picked the wrong animal if you wanted something loyal. buy a dog.

lol, yeah, i know

>loyal

You mean dumb, right?

I was thinking of adopting a cat, I live alone and I have plenty of space but now I have reconsidered. I don't think I could deal with a pet's death.

My dog tried to hide from me when he was dying..

op here. if you like cats, do it. rescue one. not all will die, its really a luck of the draw.. like having a baby i guess. pets will die, its part of life.. its sad as fuck and depressing, but that's life.
cats, dogs, they dont want you to know they are suffering.. its totally depressing

>not all will die
IMMORTAL CATS

yeah... we hugged him and laid with him telling him he was going to be okay..

yeah, being there for it is such an awful experience, but there is no way to not be there... i've went through it with my cat, and both of my dogs i grew up with.. it fucking sucks

Pet insurance is literally bullshit. Honestly more of a ripoff than the pet credit card I took out. Took out a policy myself and it covers next to nothing and has horrifyingly high deductibles and copay if it.does cover. Do not buy into it.

yeah, i never thought it was something actually viable, not just marketed to rich fucks with expendable income

she is upset because she knows you won't eat her corpse when she dies

lol, thanks for that, it was genuinely funny

I'm sorry OP, It's absolutely heartbreaking to lose such an important friend. They often try to hide that they're dying.

My dog died today. Fucking heartbroken beyond words.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

i'm sorry.. losing a pet fucking sucks.. especially a dog

She doesn't want you to see her in this condition, my past two cats did the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=fOXmwnQSNpc&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOXmwnQSNpc&has_verified=1

Thoughts on this?

That was a really sick video, thank you for sharing that with me. Unfortunately the sickest thing here is OP's cat if you would, please show lil GODdamn respect

I saw the title and closed it. Not sure of how I feel about the video because of the aforementioned.

Racist

HAHAHAHA holy shit.. op here.. that is too funny. thank you

lol

Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. You know how cats are, when they start to die they generally recede into themselves and just try to find someplace safe and secluded to go. My last cat Midnight stayed pretty cuddly and nice, but he became extremely sick very quickly and we put him down so he didn't really have time to get depressed.

If your cat is suffering, it's best to put her down. When you do that you have a chance to say goodbye. Midnight was purring and cuddling when we ended his pain; I knew he'd passed when he stopped.

Again, sorry about your loss. Pic meant to help.

Cats are extremely loyal if you treat them right you fucking dipshit. Also I got nothing against dogs, but they DO try to hide from you when they're dying of natural causes. It's a natural response when their time comes: it's meant to make sure they die before scavengers come for them.

Studies Show Cat People Are Smarter Than Dog People

time.com/2798972/studies-show-cat-people-are-smarter-than-dog-people/

fuck your cat

but you are a dumb fuck faggot jew

Studies show people who post studies show are dumber than people who don't post studies show

>Pet insurance is literally bullshit.
>literally

hate to be that guy but you used that wrong

Oh, man. You...you should really be grateful your HR person didn't hear that. Jeez.

kill yourself faggot shit nigger cocksucker.

My cat died last week. My condolences. I know it's hard

No, I was being serious. My pet insurance agent handed me a large fistful of a male cow's waste, and said (with a cowshiteating grin all the while mind you): Here, I'm sure this will help your dying pet but it'll cost you.

Just kidding, he literally just figuratively did that.

Y'know I considered it for awhile? Something happened to me, a long time ago, and it just made me want to put the gun to my head, it made me want to learn how to tie the noose and find a good, solid wood beam. The instant I saw the event unfolding, I just knew I would never be the same again. But you know, it's been a few years, years of alcohol and drugs and rehab and now a wonderful, fresh life, a new start, and I've gotten over those suicidal tendencies. You know what it was that made me want to kill myself? It seems almost silly in retrospect, but I can feel the underlying shame beneath my new well-deserved pride in myself. See, what happened was, I cornholed your mom. Just fucking rode that asshole all night. Well, maybe it was her asshole. Could have been a roll of fat, or it could have been her cunt was so stuffed with shit. That's where she said you came from, actually. She said you were a ball of shit that rolled out of her cunt and just sort of grew into a person. Strange, seeing you again after all this time. I love you, son. Even if you don't love me.

As if a 14 year old shitposting in a dying pet's thread has ever considered the ramifications of their words and actions let alone how it might affect serious employment with human resources. You give em too much credit.

This was pretty good. I think you were a little long winded after "Well, maybe it was your asshole" which ruined the humorous shift of the previous two sentences. It stopped the momentum and pacing you'd created and left you with a painful rehash of descriptors that really weren't going to be that funny even if well done. I liked your attempt to soften at the end and use the reveal you are their father, but unfortunately it gave me no enjoyment because I no longer cared about the situation due to your attempt at long-winded scatological humor. This might have worked in a live, performed format, but for written work you need to do a little woodshedding.
Hope this helped.

Cats will often try to leave when they think they're dying. They don't want you to get whatever they have.

It's their way of saying they care, user.

Hey man, I appreciate that. Best critique I've ever got on an internet comment. And y'know, I can't argue with you. I originally planned to stop after "just fucking rode that asshole all night," but I figured what the hell. Ah well.

No problem. I actually really liked it up until that point, and I feel like if you could parse it down while still potentially finding an angle to work in the ending it could work well. Hell, even just cutting off there after "all night long" I think could be pretty great as a textual joke or with a really deadpan vocal delivery. I'm glad you actually appreciated my critique, was hoping you wouldn't write it off as me just being a dick or something.