youtube.com/watch?v=4JgLFdNSwks
youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8
youtube.com/watch?v=ulY1FwLxI8o
youtube.com/watch?v=OFQCXJJSlHQ
youtube.com/results?search_query=dimmu borgir gateways
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>check'd
Why do niggers like rap so much?

Because it's better then your filthy monkey chimping out rap music.

Because it represents our war-like selves.

Viking mythology, people are drawn to heritage.

Yes.

Because metal is based on classical/concert music and because good metal is highly creative and highly skilled and talks about cool stuff

K

F

Metal is based on nigger music, idiot.

'nuff said

same reason why whites landed on the moon and niggers didnt

yeah everything goes back to africa

n shiet

The only people who say that shit are literally retarded and incompetent to the point of being a danger to themselves and others.

soon

Bump.

>classical
You fucking kidding me? it's based off blues. Black music.

You're mistaking heavy music with rock music, chimp.

>black music

The white man created the guitar.

well tell me about how black metal sounds like blues. It doesn't sound bluesy since the early 80's. This is like saying jazz sounds like cavemen banging stones and sticks just because all music evolved from cavemen banging stones and sticks

(CAN'T WAKE UP)

blues might have been the precursor but many modern sub genres are loaded with classical themes

Black metal is actually a lot more like surf-rock.

Metal came from rock so yeah.

You're absolutely wrong. Why don't you go to return the bike you stole or something instead of trying to argue with superior beings?

Kek, i havent heard a deecent rap in over a decade. You talkin about hiphop. Theres a difference

Fuck tindr lmao

As was pointed out, this music originated in blues. Blues became rock and rock became metal. It's not that hard.

fuck u

Leave stinky nigger.

well if I think about it yes it does because of excessive tremolo picking

It was invented in Europe

Back when Spain was occupied by the Arabs Ahahha

Leave him be. He probably denies the fact that the first humans were black, and denies having Neanderthal DNA even tho all whites do. And this is coming from a white boi

That made me laugh so hard, vape came out my nose.

Stop being moronic douchebags and post music
First album I really felt connected to was Korn's take a look in the mirror
Listened to it when it was first released when I was 6

you nigger.

Well said, I've been listening to Orden Ogan since my girlfriend left me for some hick down in Arkansas.

The radio stations actually played a few metal bands back then instead of pop and indie

liking metal in 2016, youre either an edgy teen or one of those cringey middle aged men who wears metal tees in public that everyone is disgusted by

itt 13 year old leafy fans pretending to be socially aware

Fucking trips man

plug (dot) dj / metalmetalmetal

Metal has actually kick ass in the last few years. As long as you stay far,far away from the "core" genres. Checkout Visigoth, Night Demon, or Liquid Steel.

absolutly

youtube.com/watch?v=YE6GojUqMI4

Fucking faggot

Who are you talking to?

quiet when adults talk!

>listens to a guys singing octaves above king diamond

Technically, I would have said "-core" because the core Metal genre would be Heavy Metal, and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are still producing solid albums.

youtu.be/0-Dz0rnIUN4

One of my all time favorite albums. Gotta love some good symphonic power metal

It's as stupid and inaccurate as saying "man comes from fishes, since fishes became amphibious and them reptiles, and later they became mammals, which evolve into apes... "

Ah, thanks for the correction. It would suck if anyone mistook Metal with -core.

When I'm pissed off I don't want to dance or hear about fucking hoes or doing drugs

tru

No problem, my dude. Just saying. Hyphen before denotes a suffix, which is VERY important in that specific case.

Why do niggers dislike metal so much?

seasons in the abyss had too many hard words.

Why are there no metal-liking nigger hockey players?

> nonchalantly shitting all over -core genres
top kek

I have a serious question (yeah i know it's on Sup Forums)..
Why don't they play rock/metal aynomre? Is it because of marketing reasons like "it doesn't sell like easy-listening songs" or is it because some of the lyrics make you think? And it also applies to hip-hop, instead of playing rappers with decent thought-provoking lyrics they only play rap about bitches and hoes.
Something is fishy about the music industry and I'm curious what do anons think about that

Himself

And everybody around, 'cause he ain't got... nobody... to listen...

>parents don't buy god hates us all for their kids.
>radios play what parents consider buying kids
>radios play justin bieber
>10yo's pussy tingle
>money rolling in
>contracts renewed

yeah man all cultures are strictly homogenous, especially in 2016

zealandardor.bandcamp.com/track/in-ashes

never thought about it that way..but how about over-sexualised songs with twerking and smonk weed? are they kid-friendly? Or is it just another unrelated market segment that just buys that shit?

Well some jigaboo living in the ghetto won't relate to songs about "muh epic dragonslaying we wuz vikings", of course he will like songs about swag cocaine or whatever they rap about.
Oh and the instrumentation is too complex for their 50 IQ brains

Because metal is freedom. No need to worry about album sales, public opinions or anything like that. You can compose any kind of music, take influences from anything, mash genres together...

>Yeah uh, I like Warhammer 40k. Can I make metal out of it?
You can!
youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs
>Cool! What about Tolkien's books?
Done countless times!
youtube.com/watch?v=4JgLFdNSwks
>Those Eastern Orthodox liturgies sound kinda cool.
Make metal out of them!
youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8
>Metal sounds pretty nice but I can't play it, because I can only play sitar.
That's not an excuse!
youtube.com/watch?v=ulY1FwLxI8o
>I can't decide, if I want to listen to metal or something else.
Doesn't matter! You can listen everything at the same time!
youtube.com/watch?v=OFQCXJJSlHQ

Metal can be pretty much anything.

>Bolt Thrower
>Batushka
My nig

Metal hasn't used pentatonic scale or blues riffs since zep and acdc. And they're hardly metal. Most metal is played in drop d and uses chromatic scales and major chords. That's not blues. Almost all lead guitar is shredding based on a major chord with tapping and blinding speed. None of that is blues. You're still thinking Jimmy page, who is great but not metal. Metal took heavier riffs from Sabbath and zep, sped them up and put them in major chords to the point where they sound more like Wagner. They also took Anglo-Saxon themes Robert plant played with and stuck with it. And plant's homages to his ethnic heritage (think immigrant song) was never blues inspired. Today's metal is nothing like old hard rock and zero in common with blues. All the blues bending and riffs have been discarded by the shredders. You can still hear all that in George thorogood if you want

Only young, white social retards like metal.

I don't even listen to Bolt Thrower or death metal in general but I have to respect a band that can make a five star album out of WH40k with a straight face.

This isn't a cringe thread.

nah, that's for that part of the demographic that spends its own money.
>pocket money

Philosophically, no. Musically, maybe if there was more screaming and recording it from the other side of a concrete wall. Then yes, same thing basically.

In all honesty, never considered the comparison but I can see it musically speaking.

K

If you look on youtube metalica has videos that get a few 100 mil views
Slipknot gets a little below a 10 mil

Black keys has 60 mil
The strokes has 60 mil
Arcade fire had 20 mil

Ffdp has 90 mil

It seems like radio isn't as popular

with millennials sure, boomer/gen X are still the major markets for radio

That's a long post, but never did I say that blues is metal. It however has its origins in rock and bla bla why would I repeat myself.

>Gojira
Go back to making Minecraft let's plays

*100 mil on slipknot

Mario is a beast

Implying they weren't the total fucking nerds of their day. I'm old - those guys still got beat up by the jocks for being weird.

No. Metal did spawn as an offshoot of rock, all the way back to blues even.. At least black metal, which has similar roots to most types of metal, as far as I know. That's not to say though that there aren't other roots. Metal has roots in all kinds of music.

But, rock (which was derived from blues) is one of the most significant types of music that metal is formed out of obviously.

Metal has been dismissed since the earliest days and was never on radio unless one of them sold out and made a pop song like priest did or the scorpions did. Bands relied on album sales and concerts. And the fans are crazy loyal. 20 -30 years. With all generations present at concerts. Radio? Fuck radio. Unless you got Sirius you will never hear metal on the radio

More importantly, music as a more literal outlet for aggression is what connects it to black music. Black music was raw and in-your-face - the antithesis of the classical music metal nerds love to reference.

Context motherfucker. I cant tell if you're saying Gojira is Minecraft tier using it as an example that metal is good.

Protip: one and only one of the answers is acceptable.

While i agree, you neglected the ideological aspect of metal. That certainly stems from rock. Look at venom's influence on black metal for example. The music of black metal just changed to reflect the ideology.

Where I live there is at least 2 stations that play metal

I mean, they're right to do that though. Core is a bit of a disgrace to metal currently. The kids like it tho

Dunno, it just works for me.

Fucking faggot.

slfjeriugheriu

Were still trying to differentiate between early metal like metallica, which did spawn off of rock, but modern metal has no connection to that.

Tell me how this is blues and not classical?
youtube.com/results?search_query=dimmu borgir gateways

Thats one aspect of that scene. The biggest influence on that was Sabbath who toyed with that imagery but never fully embraced it. Page bought Crowleys mansion and did little to dissuade talk that he was part of the occult. That's toying, marketing. That other bands would embrace as their schtick should not surprise anyone. You have to distinguish yourself somehow. And btw, the great blues legend Robert Johnson sang about selling his soul to the devil to become an immortal guitar player. Check out crossroads, his original or Clapton's cover

It all stemmed from the ideology. Black metal was everything that was wrong with the world. They burned down churches for the lulz. They desecrated grave yards because that's what black metal was. Then they shot themselves or went to prison for killing a bandmate or some random gay guy because, hey, metal and Norway's sweet ass murder laws (8 years for killing a gay dude because he didn't like gays and wanted to kill someone, unlike noisy-ass varg who just loves the spotlight and got significantly more). They even intentionally made their recordings sound shitty. Fucking black metal. Black metal was a lot of the metal ideology in it's purest form. There is a metal hierarchy and black metal reigns supreme and has turned into a meme because they are the ones that actually went balls deep into the world and just fucked shit up.

Death metal is just a catharsis for white collar workers. Prog is college grads. Heavy metal is old folks. Folk is just alcoholics.

KYS

Why do people like music? It's just vibrations, amirite?