So about three months ago my friend and I were scammed out of $700 by a guy who claimed to have a room for rent...

So about three months ago my friend and I were scammed out of $700 by a guy who claimed to have a room for rent. $700 for a huge room with attached patio is a fucking steal in San Diego, so we jumped right on that shit. We paid him the deposit to hold it for us, set the move in date, and then all of a sudden get a call from him saying that his other roommates were causing problems and needed to be evicted. We were told that we could move in as soon as the court date passed. It came and went and we kept on getting fed excuses until we finally got fed up and demanded our money back.

He told us he gave it to his landlord and gave us his number. The supposed landlord told us he would transfer the money to my account, then never did. We got excuses from both people, neither of which would ever meet us in person to talk. Finally, we went to the courthouse to get the papers to sue him, but when we sent someone to serve him the papers this morning, he was gone. There were cop cars all over and the real landlord was there. Apparently this guy was evicted for not paying rent and he'd done this same scam to multiple other people.

I'm looking for some help, if anyone can possibly do anything to help me fuck this guy over I would be so fucking grateful. I have his Facebook and I have the two phone numbers he gave me. I'll post info in the next post since this is getting long as fuck. Pic related is him and his wife.

>tl;dr I need help because some douchebag completely fucked me and apparently a bunch of other people over

Other urls found in this thread:

judgejudy.com/submit_your_case
i.4cdn.org/f/Judge Judy.swf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His name is Nick Tran
facebook: nick.tran.3766

His phone number: eight-five-eight 261 8949

Shit, I thought I had the supposed landlord's number, but it's on my roommate's phone and he's sleeping. I can provide screencaps of my conversation with Nick if anyone doesn't believe me about this though.

Put mask on, stab him.

>So about three months ago my friend and I were scammed out of $700 by a guy who claimed to have a room for rent. $700 for a huge room with attached patio is a fucking steal in San Diego, so we jumped right on that shit. We paid him the deposit to hold it for us, set the move in date, and then all of a sudden get a call from him saying that his other roommates were causing problems and needed to be evicted. We were told that we could move in as soon as the court date passed. It came and went and we kept on getting fed excuses until we finally got fed up and demanded our money back.
>He told us he gave it to his landlord and gave us his number. The supposed landlord told us he would transfer the money to my account, then never did. We got excuses from both people, neither of which would ever meet us in person to talk. Finally, we went to the courthouse to get the papers to sue him, but when we sent someone to serve him the papers this morning, he was gone. There were cop cars all over and the real landlord was there. Apparently this guy was evicted for not paying rent and he'd done this same scam to multiple other people.
>I'm looking for some help, if anyone can possibly do anything to help me fuck this guy over I would be so fucking grateful. I have his Facebook and I have the two phone numbers he gave me. I'll post info in the next post since this is getting long as fuck. Pic related is him and his wife.
Holy shit, thats a lot of work to steal 700 bucks.

You can see why we didn't think it was a scam at first. He did initially try to get us to give him $1400 because he wanted deposit and first month up front, thankfully we couldn't afford to give him that much all at once. I can't imagine how much he must have gotten out of other people doing this same thing.

you fucking retard. you shouldve gotten a chance to meet him. you always finalize a deal like this in person. adults should know this. and then you come to Sup Forums asking for help...

Well, its time to go to small claims court

or...

judgejudy.com/submit_your_case

Lol asian propaganda is the funniest one.

We DID meet him, we signed a lease with him and everything.

Only problem is that we don't know where he went. He vanished after being evicted from the place so we can't even serve him his court date papers for the lawsuit we already have pending.

And you filed a complaint with the police?

I'm sorry, but your money is probably gone. And are you even sure that Nick Tran is his real name?

There were a ton of cops at his house checking it out this morning. Chances are that there's a warrant out for his arrest with how much money he got doing this to people. I don't even care about the money at this point, if it's gone then it's gone, I was just hoping that someone around here might be better at fucking with people than I am.

And I'm pretty sure Nick Tran is his real name. We found his facebook through his phone number, but he recently cut the number from his page so I'm thinking it isn't just a throwaway account or he would have deleted the whole thing.

oh... well um...

guess you better handle this one of 2 ways:

track him down using the contact info you have on him (liable to change really soon since he can just deactivate his facebook and change his number) and get tyrone to beat his ass
or report him to the police and hope they get his ass. (this probably wont work)

its up to you. but iif you do track him down, make sure you wear a go pro and report back with video :-)

I'd beat the shit out of him on the street, but he's asian so you know he's got some secret fucking kung fu moves

>There were a ton of cops at his house checking it out this morning. Chances are that there's a warrant out for his arrest with how much money he got doing this to people.
So thats a no?

Chances are he will soon do the same again in another city, so maybe look for some good deals in San Fran?

He answered an ad that we made on a Facebook group for apartment sharing so I'm not sure if he makes any ads himself or just goes around answering ones from people he thinks look like they might be too trusting.

We didn't file a complaint with the police outright, we filed for a lawsuit against him at the courthouse.

>We didn't file a complaint with the police outright, we filed for a lawsuit against him at the courthouse.
Not that a police complaint will lead to much, but wouldnt your case be stronger if you actually reported him?

Not if we can't find him to serve him the court papers. I don't know what the police can do other than try to track him down, which I assume they're already doing. As far as I'm aware, everyone he scammed is going to be able to join in on one big lawsuit if they can actually find the guy.

go to small claims court.

not your personal army, man. you're lucky though because i got dragged out to work this morning to power cycle a modem because everyone's too fucking retarded to know how to unplug something for 30 seconds.

this time and this time only, i'm willing to be your personal army and wreck this guys shit. i will funnel all my immense irritation into it and leave a fiery pit of a destroyed life.

post nudes of the chick in your girl and i'll let loose.

>I don't know what the police can do other than try to track him down
I think the most common way they find people is when they get the guys in random traffic stops or respond to domestic disturbance calls.

But whatever. Good luck with your case.

I think thats the sweet poontang the scammer is treating to a lobster meal with OP's money.

ah, bummer. good point. rage has clouded my common sense.

in any case, OP, make it worth our while somehow and i'm ready to get some proxy revenge.

better go hire a hitman
get ur bitcoin wallet out

I'm 100% down to make it worth your while, but I haven't got too much to offer up. I'm completely broke because of this and I doubt anyone wants to see pictures of me naked.
Give me some means of contacting you outside of here and I can promise to send some money your way when we finally get this lawsuit worked out, if that sounds fair?

>we filed for a lawsuit against him at the courthouse
I think that might have been your best bet.

If you filed with the police they'd have to prosecute & find him guilty in order for you to get restitution. Fat chance of that happening.

Going the Civil Suit way, like you did, a Hearing will be held and you'll probably win even IF he did show.
Now you can get a collections company to find him - even if he moves out of State. Granted there's only so much they can do to collect [file liens against tax refunds, etc] and you pay them a % if $$$ is recovered but that's about all you can do.

>implying you aren't just talking to an eleven year old who wants to see nudes of chicks.

>If you filed with the police they'd have to prosecute & find him guilty in order for you to get restitution. Fat chance of that happening.
Not OP, but just curious. Couldn't he do both?

eh, i'm not after money, just keks and nudes and the like. and in-thread only, buddy.

not 11, but can't deny wanting to see boobs.

What do you want to see dude? Give me a kink or favorite kind of tits/pussy or something and I can go digging for some pics to fill the thread.

Obviously the guy is looking for OC

>advertise product
>get payment
>delay delivery
>stall with contact to 3rd party
>disappear

It's probably the least amount of effort for any scam.
How is asking for money, receiving money then keeping money a lot of work exactly?

How he pretty much has to deal with all these people and get a fake landlord to respond, before finally leaving dodge.

Holy shit, I think it would be less straining to just sit in a call center.

NYPA faget

your fault for living with an asian nigger

did you find and speak to the real landlord?

yeah, some kind of OC. new nudes, jokes with effort, etc. i'm pretty bored so i'd even take a short vid with timestamp of you shoving something in your ass. be creative.

Problems are rarely that easy, but this.
Well maybe not stab him, but fucking go to his house and wreck his shit, punch him in the face and fuck his hamster and drink all of his drain cleaner.

>I was just hoping that someone around here might be better at fucking with people than I am

But NIGGER, we're not your personal army.

>jokes with effort
Knock, Knock
Hey, nobody is in there. I wonder when Nick is getting back.

I can offer up nudes of some people I know from fetlife, I have a few girls with decent tits on my list

>Couldn't he do both?
Not sure. Possibly.
But if Op does go through the police way and the guy has to pay restitution if he doesn't pay OP back in full when his probation is done OP has to file the Civil case against him.

But I was looking at it from the point that the police wouldn't do much to find this guy - they're more likely to run into him with a traffic violation - and if he skips State OP's chance of recovering $$$ is slimmer then if he's being chased by a nation wide collections agency.

i.4cdn.org/f/Judge Judy.swf

>people I know from fetlife

What's your fetish, OP?

nah. tell you what, what's yourcontact info so we can talk more quickly?

A little of everything tbh

I'm GeneralCucks on kik

dont do it OP

i'm not on mobile and don't have an android vm setup anymore. facebook?

lol I'm a retard for getting fucked by an asian, but I'm not THAT retarded.

her problem is being a female. regardless of age they can't fucking use logic or reasoning

You mean give them a number to contact a fake distraction landlord?

Still not seeing the work.
It's about as simple as scams get.

eh, all right. i'm working on it. if you really want to fuck him around, sign him up for a ton of free samples and catalogs and shit online.

If I had his email I would. Not sure what to do with just his facebook and phone number

oh, i meant in the physical mail. works even better if it's a PO Box.

The problem is that I don't have his address, since he split after he fucked us over.

ah, right. oh well. i'll work on it. if it leads to anything, i'll make a thread.

A chink scamming people? What a fucking surprise. NYPA

Thanks dude, much appreciated