Really makes you think

Really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7uWpn4DTs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that if you find that pic funny you didn't see Eric Moussambani at Sidney 2000 and you're a fucking underaged 9gag pleb.

>all olympic swimmers are professionals
top kek

I don't think i could beat Eric Moussambanis time 2bh

Heart attacks, severe cramps, seizures, etc.

Odds are astronomical, but it's better to be on the safe side. If something happened and there weren't lifeguards there, the backlash would be crazy.

Nice pedi.

This, those swimmers you are racing aren't coming back to save your life.

>person famous for nearly drowning at the olympics is black

lel darkies

He didn't nearly drown. He won his heat.

Tbh, Olympic life guarding would be a discipline I'd actually watch.

>jumping in
>Swimming fast
>diving to retrieve heavy object
>pulling object back to border

I wonder how many people here on Sup Forums could swim 100m in under 2 mins. Probably less than 5% if that.

I could swim that easy when I was like fucking 12 m8, and I wasn't particularly tall/talented then either. I'd wager any adult man who isn't terribly unfit and knows how to swim can do that.

I'm too skinny to swim

and nearly drowned

Just play your lifeguard simulator.

This. If an American swimmer took the wrong amount of meds and chems that day, he might need some assistance

i suck at swimming, so i definitely couldnt.

There's a huge gap between 'knowing how to swim' and having formal training in technique. Moussambani had absolutely shit technique, was barely even using his legs iirc but powered through because he was in decent shape

haha
upvoted my friend =)

Pretty savage there Achmed

see Most people who learn how to swim don't learn the most efficient technique for speed (or even halfway efficient). A lot of adults can't do more than thrash their arms enough to stay afloat.

The most important thing to speed in swimming is good body position and that's not really common among the average adult, so I'd say between that and the average adult not being in shape for swimming I don't think they'd be under 2 minutes.

I cant even swim in general

2 minutes is what an average joe who knows how to swim but hasn't in years would do
i bet at least 40% of Sup Forums can go under that

Yah we need more swimming events

Not really, you think other swimmers will stop to help if someone goes unconcious.

This is due to a stupid city law which obliges to have a lifeguard in all collective swimming pools

I think all Olympics would have this. It's simple liability that would probably save a fare chunk on insurance. You have you have to account for basically any event, be it medical or just a random freak accident.

a stupid law that saves lives

Comedy Gold

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7uWpn4DTs

t. German black person

Yeah really fucking stupid.