>2016
>not clipping your capacitors
Here is what you do if you're running Windows 7 and up: Get a pair of pliers, open up your computer case (laptops are harder, but still clippable), and on the motherboard (the chip that every part of your computer plugs into), remove all of the capacitors (pic related). Capacitors actually SLOW DOWN communication between the different parts in your PC because Microsoft REFUSED to optimise Windows for capacitorless motherboards until Windows 7, since they basically had no competition before then. When Apple entered the ring, that changed completely.

>inb4 troll
No, I am an activist for capacitorless motherboards. If everybody clips their capacitors, then motherboard manufacturers will make them capacitorless by default.

Did your mother knew before you happened to occur?

Just curious, does motherboards still have throughhole caps? I'd have thought they'd all be SMD by now, geez. Mine does but it's also 5-6 years old now.

Don't do this. You will short circuit.

Mine doesnt have any. I dont think those are real anyway. Its been a while since back to the future but i dont think we are ready for time travel

we did this once at work with a tv.

thats like fucking magic.

do you even know what capacitors are?
I know this is bait but damn

Who needs them anyways?

They store electricity instead of allowing it to flow freely.

This

wow your sooo stupid

Large lytics are still through hole

it won't, there will be no connection there.

Top student at college for electronics can tell you that this is a shit bait
Will short circuit your pc

But, I'm only height knighting because everybody is too fucking lazy to do this unlike the deleting system 32

>2016
>still using capacitors

this really helps

>implying it can short circuit when the capacitor circuit is broken
The only way it can short circuit is if you stupidly solder the capacitor circuit back together again with no capacitor.

Looks ready to go to me m8, you did a nice clean job too. Looks better than mine.

>not using Japanese ultra speed capacitors

Its like you don't want to go fast

Obvious scam. They know about capacitorless motherboards and just want to push useless, high-flow capacitors onto the tech semi-literate with buzz words.

wow that motherboard looks state of the art, how many fps did you gain in crysis?

That motherboard is clearly not made for gaming.

you forgot a few, but i guess you're still going at it with the pliers

My PC is alot faster now

We should make some info graphics to spread the word to the normies

Obvious bait

>inb4 mustard gas

Would do, except I'm on my phone.

0/10, worst troll ever.

Half right.

jesus christ at least try harder. tell them something about RC time constants or something along that way.

Pretty terrible. Trying to picture assholes pruning their fucking motherboards like wild gardens is pretty good tho.

I'm no genius, I only understand the basics. That's all they need to know anyway for this simple task.

>The only way it can short circuit is if you stupidly solder the capacitor circuit back together again with no capacitor.

Or if you attempt to clip it while powered and short both leads with your clipping tool.

>be OP
>be in 2016
>still using pliers

Easier way is to put your mobo in the oven at 500F to loosen the solder, then you can just pull out the caps from the board in just a couple of minutes. Let the board cool back down again before putting it back in your PC obv.

Well, there IS that...

>Top student at college for electronics
>removing component will short curcuit

Wow you're retarded.

I won't be trying this tbqh, sounds a bit risky.

Yeah man, other component's could get loose, too. Better to just use a soldering iron imho.

I honestly feel sorry for the ignorant schmucks that fall for your cool story troll.

this looks like the insides of my stereo's amplifier.

+1, if you don't want your motherboard to look like it's been chopped to bits.

yeah but the retards potentially wrecking their mobos will more likely believe it if you tell them technical factoids. like T = R * C, the resistance R of the copper wires cant be changed easily, but the Capacitance C of the caps can be, by chopping them in half. therefore T is smaller which makes your computer faster. there you go that's my masters thesis in bullshit.

>height knighting

Manlet.

>implying the 9gag kids who visit this website nowadays, browsing from their parents 5000$ mac, know what you're talking about.

Would be funny if they start trying to remove capacitors on their mac when there are none.

that's basic EE my friend

Are you saying there are no capacitors on macs? That's not true at all

What's the point? It's just wasted resources spent on slowing it down.

Just ground yourself and you're fine. I already did it and my PC is running a lot better now.

Compatibility with Windows XP

Caps make circuits faster, not slower. It faster for ICs to draw current from bypass caps instead of from the main power supply. Modern ICs either don't work at all or is slower and noiser without bypass capacitors

why the fuck am i even posting in this obvious bait thread

it's not even a good bait

I don't know...this sounds like a variation of "delete system32" advice to me...

Try it on an old PC first.

Nah dude, you need to solder in even more capacitors.

I did this and now my computer can store even more files because it has much higher capacity.

Gr8 b8 M8

I got a 20% increase in my PCmark score. Is this normal? Seems like quite a lot.

HELP! I DID THIS ANDD NOW MY DAD WONT STOP LEVITATING!?

QUICKLY GRAB YOUR NEAREST PET AND FORCIBLY JAM YOUR PENIS INTO A TOASTER

Yeah, that's normal, if not a little on the low side.