Thoughts on Migration?

Thoughts on Migration?

Other urls found in this thread:

www96.zippyshare.com/v/tQM0lSkV/file.html
open.spotify.com/user/pokyah/playlist/2dzbzt0GVNc6u0jWB5sRue
play.spotify.com/track/74b9N5Kpk2nCm3coGaVycl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like it more than north borders but not as much as his old records

I liked his style more when it was more "organic" and more focused on instrumentation with less electronic influences

Anyone's got a mega link for it or sth?
I've posted in the sharethread but it died not long after that

fucking migrants

Nothing beats Animal Magic but I like the change of pace desu. The organic / live instrumentation was getting a bit stale imo

I doubt he's ever going to top Black Sands, that's probably the best album this whole triphop/downtempo/whatever you want to call it has to offer along with Emancipators Soon It Will Be Cold Enough. Haven't listened to Migration yet but I'm not a huge fan of the No Reason single, would be much better without the vocals. But that's probably the reason for why it's the single.

Great stuff.

It's really really good.

Pretty clean and good, but Black Sands was better

this

It's Bonobo doing Bonobo.
He's not going to change his sound and he really shouldn't.

Pretty mediocre to be honest, nothing really stands out. That synthline that comes in halfway through Outlier is pretty godly though

pretty good

great album art tho

>He's not going to change his sound and he really shouldn't.
he did tho

north borders and black sands were really different

Yeah that, and his early records sound very different as well.

I started giving it a listen, but then I just got really fucking bored so I went back to this.

Why the fucking Chet Faker feature :(

Like always some gems like Kerala but some filler as well. Overal like it a lot

got you buddy
www96.zippyshare.com/v/tQM0lSkV/file.html
fully tagged, 320kbps .mp3(if that doesn't bother you)

I'm digging it, Outlier (dat synth) and Bambro Koyo Ganda are probably highlights

thanks a lot!
>fully tagged, 320kbps .mp3(if that doesn't bother you)
nah, it's perfect

Title track is an amazing intro to the album, I feel like not all the tracks are immediately catchy, but the textures and atmosphere building is all on point. I felt similar about The North borders, but transits came to be my fav bonobo track after revisiting the album. This album will grow on me quickly

Simon really took new ground with this album, he's not the triphop guy from the millennium that some still want, though Ontario is a nice modern take on that sound. /superfan

BUILD THE WALL

>I doubt he's ever going to top Black Sands

its like he's approaching this aesthetic from different angles on each album

Black sands was a jazz take on the moody music

North borders was an electronic take on the moody music

Migration is another take on this moody aesthetic.

I don't even compare the albums, they all do different things for me

Black Sands is still my favorite. But I do love how with each album he has a solid sound that seperates it from the others.

This one is definitely his most emotional work. I value you that. Because I feel like a lot of artists I listen to lose their love so their work gets gradually uninspired

Just gave it a listen and i think keeps up with his earlier releases
It has a couple of moments that really feel big and spacious
feeling a solid 7/10 on this one so far

the pad synth in outlier with the stereo effect sounds just like coming up on MDMA wow

I have an extremely biased review, with his music being a huge part of my life and development throughout the years.

I'd say its better than North Borders but not as influential to me as black sands was. Love almost everything he does. Fuck the Jon Kennedy remix of dinosaurs tho.

Are you me?

Can we be friends?

Why the fuck not. I think the most influential song was Terrapin, because it encapsulates the feeling of my first love and happiness I felt for a woman.

His music has helped me enhance my ups and alleviate my downs for almost 10 years now.

Haven't been in your position re:love before, but I've definitely lent on his music thinking about my close relationships.

I only found Simon's music after the north borders, but it was black sands that I really felt captured my feelings about my life at the time.

I understand what bonobo says about this album being about moving places. I'm in between two cities at the moment and the album speaks to the feelings of being torn between them, and what it's like to be almost a tourist in a familiar place

What was the first song you heard?
Mine was Scuba, and it encapsulated perfectly the feeling of the need to be free. I imagined speeding in a car along a desert road in the sunset and it just hit me real hard.

stay the same

I found a Spotify playlist the other day: 'sounds like bonobo'
open.spotify.com/user/pokyah/playlist/2dzbzt0GVNc6u0jWB5sRue

haven't listened through its entirety, but the first few tracks are on point, you might like it.

Never really took to his first few records, I always felt they were too dated by the time I heard them. A lot of cliche 2000's era sounds

Will listen though when I get a chance today

They definately are not comparable to the later ones for sure.

Thanks for the recommendation, been lookin for more.

From me, try Quantic. He has stuff similiar to Bonobo.
play.spotify.com/track/74b9N5Kpk2nCm3coGaVycl

Time is the enemy is fucking beautiful

Could never find the right track to get into quantic past that, thanks for the tip

For some reason, this album really sounded like a Cinematic Orchestra album, but updated for the times. Maybe we're seeing a third phase ( jazziness of Animal Magic, Dial M For Monkey, Days to Come /// beats of Black Sands, North Borders, Flashlight EP /// now this. Kind of ho-hum in general though, probably have to give it a few listens to see if I really like it. I was prepared to be disappointed though after the singles - didn't like any of them. It's at least more interesting sounding that North Borders was.

Also, you're all wrong about Black Sands; Dial M For Monkey is clearly his best album. ;)

Appreciate the assistance