What's a worthwhile dungeon crawler?

What's a worthwhile dungeon crawler?

you posted the only one.

Dink Smallwood

you mean aRPG? try PoE, I'm afraid that's it.
Oh and Grim Dawn unless you really need some competition.

Any diablo
Any torchlight
For first person, legend of grimrock is cool as fuck and hard as hell

mah dudes

I second that, PoE looks and feels a little like D2 but is quite complex and also has endgame

for slight change of feel, dungeon keeper is boss

Red pill=
Blue pill=
Thank you and have a good day! K

Barony on steam

Titan Quest. They just did a big update after 10 years which took everyone by surpise.The anniversary edition is free to all owners of the game on Steam and 75% off for everyone else(no idea if it still is).

ARPG set in the Ancient world.

I love rabbit holes...DRK

Oh fuck man, so they did. Thanks for mentioning. Already have it in my library. Know any of the goodies they added, or about the updates?

Second

your mums cavernous pussy

Torchlight I and II.

You could find a version of Sacred Gold. It's 2d like d2. Game play feels a bit slow like d1, but none the less it's very immersive. ALSO not sure if this was mentioned but the complete overhaul mod for d2, called ultimative is also insanely fucking good/challenging. Picture d2 but constantly on cocaine.. reworked abilities, monster tweaks, all new Uber zones.. that shit is great. I'd argue now that it's better than vanilla d2 but only because I'm older and it's more challenging. Hoped I helped

if we're talking about oldies, why not titan quest - a new and updated 20y anniversary version was released on steam not long ago.
also sacred 2 was pretty great, pity it didnt get too popular.

I have no expirence with titans quest so I couldn't reccomened it. Have you tried d2 ultimative?

Path of exile is the only answer here, if you want to play a game that is still relevant

Also depending on your pc. Marvel hereos, gives you that Diablo feel also, and it has like 50 super here's to play as

Grim Dawn is better

It's not the only answer but it is the meat of it.. a lot of people get intimidated by the skill tree from what I read but I made a dual wielder trying to imitate a doubleswing barbarian and had loads of fun. Maxed life leach like the good Ole days..

Fighting ISIS
Sandniggers be hidin' deep below the surface

>what is torment

Pixel Dungeon is pretty good. Idk if it's up to pc standards but when I used to play phone games it was the best. There's also multiple variations because it's open source.

Oh god yes. It's so short though.

adventure of van helsing 1 or 2 are good

Have you played the third one ? I'm not sure whether to buy it or not
Also, nice trips

hmmm, wasn't it free to play? i might have to try it then.
although i thought it was a bit more futuristic? cause i myself prefer ye olde magic times and shit like this. as a friend of mine says (cause he actually hates that) - "shields and swords".

The third one's ok not as good as the first two in my opinion

Necropolis.

Man. Sacred is hard as fuck if I remember correctly.
I pirated it when I was like 15. After ~30ish hours of cake walk, the game just turned around and kicked my ass to the curb and I could never get to the next area.
Fun game and challenging, but their skill system fucking sucks. Where you have to grind enemies to make your skillups fucking drop like items.

Icewing Dale

FATE

are you a fudge packer?

ID/BG are too hard for these cucks. They think Dark Souls is as hard as Wizardry 1&2.

im downloading d2 ultimative now, looks sick

Grim Dawn

Also if you haven't slammed Diablo 2 from behind for at least 2 years do yourself the favor. Just go make a nice bowazon or zealer and soak it in.

I made a kick boxing assassin a couple weeks ago, and now I'm stuck at Duriel in act 2.
Completely impossible to kill.

use the anti freeze potions and stuff a nice mercenary, it should help

Grim Dawn

yes, this is why i dont like d2 in sp..
some classes are just overpowered in sp, you cant even play your "favourite" playstyle.
its all about one or maybe two skill- and itemsets for every class.

He freezes with every fucking hit though, and he sprints faster than me.
3 or 4 shots me after killing my shadow+follower. Fucking horseshit.

Nox

Multiplayer is only fun if you're playing from scratch with friends though.
Fucking public games are cancer or doing the same Baal runs over and over.

I totally agree though. I could just re-spec as a trap assassin and run around in circles until Duriel dies. But that's also fucking boring.

yes, think so too.
even if most people seem to hate it, i like d3.
you have various skillsets, itemsets, and at least some endgame content.
i wanted to start path of exile, but i dont can motivate myself, could somone?

Try medianXl Ultimative.D2 mod
It's a complete overhaul of D2 skill and rpg system with an more lategame than most can handle.

too bad combat is terrible. I'm guessing the OP wants something more diablo-esque

you play that game for the story and nothing else.

D2 best Diablo.

dungeon crawl stone soup dungeon crawler rogue like
tales of maj eyel
grimrock
izuna
dwarf fortress adventure mode too maybe
dark messiah might and magic
wizardry series
dungeon of the endless

I still play D3 from time to time. Me and a friend of mine has been playing faithfully since launch.
Sure it lacks some of the nostalgia charm from D2. But it's way bigger and there's infinitely more lategame stuff to do than D2.

Rotmg

/thread

this game is fucking amazing but don't know if it can be called a dungeon crawler

Elsword

Path of Exile is the fucking GOAT. The devs are amazing, the game is complex and deep and there is a huge end game. Highly recommend.

yes me too, i think all in all its a great game.
liked it even before RoS.
its a wonderful time killer when you are bored.
i like the most that you always can improve yourself, even after 2k hours playtime.
also i like the patch policy of blizzard, every few months something new to discover

Not even close. Grim dawn is fun and all, but it's shallower and has a far poorer end game.

Champions of norrath.
Get a ps2 emulator.

Rofl im playing d2 right now.

Even item flipping on AH was a fun aspect of D3 when that was up.
The only thing I find better about D2 was the maps and atmosphere. But what does that matter when lategame is just doing Baal runs for the 1052nd time.

100% agree!

As much as I prefer GD's gameplay over PoE, I have to agree that the endgame is... pretty much non-existent. Still easily one of the best aRPGs though.

To add to the list: if you like a challenge, seriously try Diablo 1 with the total conversion mod "The Hell". I played it while waiting for Diablo 3 to release, imagining that it would be like Inferno in D3. Ended up being disappointed in D3 and continuing The Hell instead. It's brutal but rarely unfair once you start using the labyrinth in your favor, and the item system is interesting in that it forces you to make choices on pretty much every item slot to keep your stats balanced. And you will NEED that. It's the type of game where you really want to read the manual or you'll get raped.

Arcanum definitely. Steampunky setting sort of. Standard high fantasy world setting that is in the midst of an industrial revolution.

I could not recommend this game more, please play it so more people know about it.

Just make sure you turn off the "real time" turn based combat. It's fucking shite.

Diablo 1 and 2 are the only ones I liked.

Diablo 3 sucked, torchlight 1 and 2 sucked sucked...

of course it is, but it's more than just that. It's a dungeon crawlers +

Same with BG. WIsh there was another game as good as BG2, but damn I hate starting new games in BG2 cause you have to do that whole first dungeon level.

/thread

I really wanna try Titan quest but it's 20 bucks now, I missed the sale. Is it worth it?

Path of exile is the only true answer.

Any good RPGs for phones?

Like these two
I highly recommend Path of Exile. Feels and plays like Diablo 2

THATS NOT A DUNGEON CRAWLER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES GET OFF MY Sup Forums

sacred was awesome, and the expansion

used to farm orcs in the desert for days

i remember having baldurs gate dark alliance 2 for my xbox and liking it

you can get KotOR on iOS

Diablo 3 is a giant turd. Blizz keeps jerking their knob that it was a great seller, therefore it was a success. However, that's because everyone pre-ordered it. The expansion didn't sell nearly as well. Sad.

I remember when Blizz wasn't run by a jew (Bobby Kotick)...those were the days.

Bumped for answers

K fuck you niggas

Champions of Norrath for the PS2

Path of Exile. Early game is slow and boring but it has more content and complexity than any other ARPG by a mile.

You can definitely get your money's worth out of it, but it's on sale pretty frequently.

Cool thank you

baulders gate