Any good music that's similar to autechre?

any good music that's similar to autechre?

qebrµs:
youtube.com/watch?v=kTGDLJiApIQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FM_PViDxoBw
youtube.com/watch?v=n7YG0ZaVpfU
youtube.com/watch?v=_R3I0BrvqT0
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70201760#p70201858
youtube.com/watch?v=bAOX6V7_3zw
youtube.com/watch?v=8P6PJ2m6MHM
youtube.com/watch?v=haK2qhV2mTI
youtube.com/watch?v=uoJOQyIHEYE
youtube.com/watch?v=7ldEFMks5Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=_irRwvjGBOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=16gyugGIGDk
soundcloud.com/renick/fractal-beats-160316a-edit
soundcloud.com/genomeshanghai/ru-meng-ling-rui-ho-1
soundcloud.com/sodaplains
youtube.com/watch?v=0SYMoTBYT04
schematicmusiccompany.bandcamp.com/album/brownout
youtube.com/watch?v=81o_7-GnCak
youtube.com/watch?v=A8aA1OtVrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjtm3Bh1oI
youtube.com/watch?v=pcwxLQMMWd4
mixcloud.com/SWAPcampustoulouse/
residentadvisor.net/features/2756
soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/aphix-ed200
soundcloud.com/dummymag/aphix-50-thrifty
soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/aphix-wester-to-gold
soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/sets/keru-not-ever-tereza
soundcloud.com/orangemilk/cvn-mithril
soundcloud.com/kdnsyme/labyrinth-at-the-kairocexosphere
soundcloud.com/tallesen/jewels
youtu.be/a4jiQ68ySyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>In B4 "Dat Ass" and/or "Hoo Dis Sea Man Demon"

>he isnt familiar with raster-noton

yo, i haven't a lot of friend on Sup Forums. I hope you like what i'll post:
youtube.com/watch?v=FM_PViDxoBw
youtube.com/watch?v=n7YG0ZaVpfU
youtube.com/watch?v=_R3I0BrvqT0
I have more if you want, more recent, more similar. Please ask OP.

can anyone tell me - is it possible to find a girl with a natural ass like that? or have all those girls with insane booty's (not the disgustingly overdone ones, just the ones that are like in your pic) undergone surgery?

eyy we need /bloop/ going again

i tried making several threads, but they always die with max 10 replies

>/bloop/
what's that?

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70201760#p70201858

it's a general about electronic music that doesn't fit - at least exclusively - into /bleep/ threads. /bleep/ are threads for club-oriented electronic music and generally just club culture

both used to be regular threads, but now only /bleep/ is really alive

is there a discord?

that sounds interesting.

i'd try contributing or at least lurk if i saw one

brothomstates is underrated af, easily on par with the big 3

shame his discography is so small though

Recondite

>A girl with an ass that great will never shit in your mouth.

That who scene had some good shit. Lackluster and Blamstrain are great too.

Also Brothomstates makes some ambient techno now as Airliner Series.

quite very interested my guy
what do you recc I should check out? Open to anything and happy to try

eh is that like a chat?

please do, Sup Forums really should be big enough to have one of those

not him, but do you know Objekt? Try his album "Flatland", it's really good. It's mostly techno, but very good stuff and def somewhat inspired by autechre

>BBBRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPFFFFFFF

who is this

>not posting their best album

As said, Flatland was great.
If you want techno you can check these artists on Detroit Underground:
youtube.com/watch?v=bAOX6V7_3zw
youtube.com/watch?v=8P6PJ2m6MHM
youtube.com/watch?v=haK2qhV2mTI
Maybe you got bored of grime, but try Rabit
youtube.com/watch?v=uoJOQyIHEYE
youtube.com/watch?v=7ldEFMks5Fk

If you liked Access to Arasaka, you might want to look for some idm/breakcore (i don't know how everybody calls it). Like these:
youtube.com/watch?v=_irRwvjGBOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=16gyugGIGDk

Also there is live coding which is funny
soundcloud.com/renick/fractal-beats-160316a-edit

>eh is that like a chat?
Yes, some other thread have one. I just asked, if it existed we could have synchronized our posts. But it's not really important and I don't want to make one.

cheers lad

mwah, big smooch to ya
buy you a drink if you near london

Is Paris too far from London?

no

squarepusher

hey big up for recommending rabit and especially renick bell

this is good, although maybe not similar to autechre: soundcloud.com/genomeshanghai/ru-meng-ling-rui-ho-1

this as well, i can really recommend soda plains although not very autechrey:
soundcloud.com/sodaplains

and op, you should probably give arca a try if you dont know him: youtube.com/watch?v=0SYMoTBYT04

nice recs user, I think you might love this album if you haven't heard it already (likely you have).

schematicmusiccompany.bandcamp.com/album/brownout

great work to all other anons involved.

the most pivotal transition in there career since Amber > Tri Repetae

doin gawd's wurk

damn thanks for linking that album. I listened to the first song and it's amazing.

are they well known among idm fans? i've never heard of them even though i can see they've released on warp

I have also searched for music like Autechre's for a decade but I have not found it. It is really unique that some blokes can sit full time and develop sounds and beats (non beats) and mix them to some published material which we accept as music. I have bought all their work, and I love it. I really think, they are a decade (or two) ahead of their time. Autechre should be awarded the Nobel price in music if it existed. However I was quite disappointed by their live performance a month ago.

You may know them, but some other bands that have influenced the electronic music are Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Skinny Puppy (early work) and Autechre has definitely gotten some inspiration from those bands.

they're not very well known even among "IDM" enthusiasts despite releasing an album on WARP. But holy shit, for something that was released in 2001 it was waaaaay ahead of its time and had a very different style to it than what autechre were doing at the time. it sounds aquatic, and subterranean. Whole album is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=81o_7-GnCak

also, I just came across this for the first time.

youtube.com/watch?v=A8aA1OtVrs4

>2004

fuck...

ah okay, really glad that you posted it, the artwork would never have got me interested. as for the small part of it i already listened to, i agree, it's pretty amazing that it's so old

nice track. and perfect timing, i'd like to try and get more into idm. when i first started getting into electronic music a few years ago i listened to a lot of the classics, but then kinda ventured off to other branches of modern electronic music.

what would you say are some of the things that really set aphex twin apart from autechre? i know they all made very different music from record to record, but it's still interesting.
squarepusher seems to have that very distinct sound based on dnb, but i'm not sure about aphex and autechre. autechre is maybe more industrial?

That's what I like about electronica, good artists have their style that noone can copy. I know you could transpose that to every art, but when you recognize someone by one listening, it's awesome. >However I was quite disappointed by their live performance a month ago. Where did you see them? this I've discovered electronica 6 years ago and it is so hard to find new artists. Even now, i've been looking to some bestof 2016, and there is nothing that makes me feel like the abondance of the first times. But the warp catalog is always here

Where can I buy this album? Love the sounds of the looks.

I'm not sure how much you know and what styles you prefer, but these are some labels that I really enjoy. most release stuff that sounds very 2017/hypermodern imo:

Infinite Machine
Classical Trax
Kompakt
Planet Mu
Quantum Natives (very experimental, droney and noisey, but feels very hypermodern)
PAN
Halcyon Veil
Night Slugs (more UK bass and club mutations, but very nice)

are you aware of WWWINGS? they're released on Planet Mu and makes music that sounds very fresh to my ears:
youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjtm3Bh1oI

WWWINGS Wednesday?

I saw them in Copenhagen about a month ago. They play with no lights at all, so everything is pitch black in the venue - I like that. I did not recognise any of their material in this show - I also like that. They just stand behind a and they tweak their laptops during the whole session. - I can live with that. But the music they played seemed quite simple - two / three layered - maybe because they actually did tweak these few layers live. To me Authechre excels in the composition of many layers (or tracks if you like) that supplements and creates a whole musical experience. Acroyear II from LP5 is a great example of this. But I only heard sounds in two - three layers here. I was not a bad experience - the sounds they produces were awesome. I just missed the complexity of the interaction between the layers creating a larger musical experience.

bump because even though I don't listen to much alternative electronic music, but I respect it as music and think this is a good thread with good discussion and sharing. I wish every thread on Sup Forums was this nice.

should definitely be a thing

ey a fellow dane?

it sure is

forgot to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=pcwxLQMMWd4

instagram butt model toribrixx

raster-noton publishes minimalist electronic music.

Autechre creates complex electronic music.

Thanks user, I didn't know every one. I was more into Tympanik, Adnoiseam but they're both off. I've listen to WWWINGS, I'm not really into it. Maybe like Arca, I'll try to give an other listening later. Right now, i'm more into the dnb side of electronica or even ambient.
To find new stuff I read Igloomag or french blogs. I can link you this, you can skip the part when they speak mixcloud.com/SWAPcampustoulouse/

I think they really are trying to do something. Unfortunatly, I didn't go see them... residentadvisor.net/features/2756

something new*

Danefag here!

thanks, is it mostly french stuff or just everything experimental and electronic?

nice! do you live in cph, if yes, what are your favourite venues? do you often go see /bloop/ stuff live?

literally my wife

damn aphix makes some great stuff, not very autechrey tho but w/e

soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/aphix-ed200

soundcloud.com/dummymag/aphix-50-thrifty

soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/aphix-wester-to-gold

>Sup Forums

just found this and i'm halfway through, it sounds very good so far

soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/sets/keru-not-ever-tereza

Yes, I live in CPH. Favourite venue is Loppen (I am tall by the way!) but I don't really care about the venue in CPH. I do not think I have ever attributed a bad experience to the venue. They are all good in CPH.

i was thinking more in terms of the artists they book. i'm probably moving there this summer. i've only been to a few events, i went to see squarepusher, opn and holly herndon in koncerthuset last year, did you go?

also, do you have a few tips for finding a place to live as someone who only knows a handful of people in cph?

soundcloud.com/orangemilk/cvn-mithril

soundcloud.com/kdnsyme/labyrinth-at-the-kairocexosphere

this is kadahn who made eraser meditations if anyone knows it

post more "autechre album covers"

soundcloud.com/tallesen/jewels

mix by tallesen/cayman, really nice

hoo dis sea man demon

bump

youtu.be/a4jiQ68ySyI