U2 and my friend

>in the mall with friend
>friend starts talking about how he likes ''Its a Beautiful Day'' by U2
>say i dont like U2
>WHAT!! YOU DONT LIKE U2 ?? EVERTYBODY LIKES XXDDDXD
>say i dont like the edge cheesy guitar,the stupid basslines and bono MUH POOR PEOPLE GONNA SAVE THE WORLD IM AMAZING bullshit
>he says i have a bad taste in music and im hipster for liking ''obscure bands'' like radiohead
and ''animal collected''
>mfw
>i say that they are not obscure just because he doesnt know, and should listen to outside top 40
>says music should be easy and acessible, radio plays the best music because its more popular therefore better
>MFW
>says music shouldnt be analysed and critiqued
>''just listen to the music bruh''

im done... why do people only listen to music in a uber superficial level and refuse to listen to anything outside their safe zone?

Things that didn't happen

You both have shit taste.

You dont even know my taste, listening to some radiohead and animal collective dont give enough information for you to judge my taste

yeah nothing like insulting someone else's taste to have a constructive conversation

try using more neutral wording next time.
instead of saying shit like edgy, cheesy, stupid, MUH, just say that it's not your style of music and that you like X and Y more.

Actually it tells a lot about your taste, intelligence level, and sexual orientation.

never said edgy, onyl the nickname of the guitarist (the edge), cheesy is not an insult, i didnt literally said MUH. i just pointed that he was a bit hipocritical, i said stupid though... How can you discuss with someone that says that music should not be critiqued?

What music do you recommend me to listen to, give me some of your amazing musical taste

Kero Kero Bonito

Bonito Generaton is okay i guess, not that bad

bono is a cute
A CUTE

the joshua tree is GOAT

thanks for your blog update, user. can't wait for the sitcom adaption

U2 is not that bad t b h

Hey OP

Kys my man

U2 is the worst band of all time

>hating u2

somebody started watching south park and is now enlightened

>u2
>not irredeemably awful and irrelevant garbage

U2 was a damn good post-punk band

>animal collective
>radiohead
>any better or more complex or special than U2
Look at yourself, buddy.

U2 is better than the shit you're listening to senpai.

Radiohead never drew a fucking dime