Someone redpill me on Nietzsche and Nihilism

Someone redpill me on Nietzsche and Nihilism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6WbmWU0QI
youtu.be/TuQzE2YYPNE
youtube.com/watch?v=fojM2iaXgyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/lit

Nietzsche sucks , go read Thomas Ligotti .

>Nietzsche sucks
Why do you say so?

put the second law of thermodynamics into a metaphore

Whats the point of redpilling you. You wouldnt understand and if you did you would die anyway.

Things become more chaotic over time?

Isn't that what Nietzsche argued directly against with the Apollonian/Dionysian metaphor?

this is a good sum up of it

Then why'd he write books on his philosophy?

the growth of energy\knowledge until the collapse of its own. if you consider knowledge to be chaos, you're first on the first statement. appolonian was for the uroboros, nietzsche wasn't so hype for a rebirth

Fuck you, thats not what our board is for

Knowledge is order

I mean, OP be specific. What do you want to know? He used the first typewriter and died next to a horse that was beaten to death.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6WbmWU0QI

\b\asically we could talk philosophy while posting shit, that's what \b\ is all about

youtu.be/TuQzE2YYPNE
This is a documentary on his work. Interesting and worth the watch.

>Apollonian/Dionysian
Someone explain this to me

My understanding:
Supposedly order and chaos have to be balanced in order for life to be enjoyable. Over time, society has become more and more orderly, and the chaos needs to be reintroduced.

What did he mean by the master/slave complex and becoming an ubermensch?

Useless in itself if true

>knowledge is order

pffffwhat? if knowledge is order why the censorship about information? mass media control n'shit. knowledge is maybe a tool to power/"order" but when it falls in the hands of people [not niggers] knowledge become a tool for chaos (or order if you consider the chess theory)

The retarded go to shit to pretend to know for 15 year old pseuds.

I meant /lit/

>master slave complex
go read politics by aristotle
those who are made to rule over those who are made to be slave

here, let me take a shot in the dark.

He liked to dance. So much so he wrote a lot about how rad dancing was. He thought god and religion were tools used to control man. He was extremely depressed a lot. He lived in solitude after he got rejected by the only woman he ever loved. He wrote a lot about "The Will to Power" which basically broke down to a very complex way of saying, "You only have the will to achieve what you want if you believe in your ability to accomplish it. The concept of god is in all of us. Man is the god of his making." His works are extremely empowering. The ubermensch was inside you. He also focused a lot on introspections. Of gods and monsters has a great quote: "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." Really powerful stuff.

If you read The Will To Power it feels like he's someone that got trapped in the past via a time machine. Some of the stuff he talks about is uncanny for someone who spends a lot of time on the internet. Sup Forums is the abyss. The abyss gazes back at you. Lots of metaphors you can apply to many aspects of life.

>Sup Forums is the abyss. The abyss gazes back at you

this thread is getting way too smart for Sup Forums

How much philosophy do you need to know before reading TWTP

None, it's just a collection of writings from his notebooks.

This whole chaos vs order thing. Break it down for me please

>chaos vs order

It's simple. He thought order came from chaos. That patterns eventually come from noise. Like music. Dude would have been a huge EDM fan.

Cheers

What about his attitudes towards morals and ethics? Did he think they were arbitrary?

Never nuke an island twice.....

Good thing Hiroshima and Nagasaki are on two different islands then

if you are going to die in the end anyways, why dont you try to enjoy the ride along de way while you can? Learn, eat, drink, fuck... do whatever fulfills you. It's up to you to give a meaning to your existance.

there is a lot of smart people on \b\, they might have a lot of anti-social traits tho.
you can look up the polarity concept in the hermetisms scripts, it might help

He writes a lot about morality and the meaning of truth, but mostly about empowerment. Also the quote is "Knowledge is power." not "knowledge is order." (I think, but im a little drunk)

That was basically his point. Except he hated everyone. He was a contradiction. If you're a nihilist why even write anything down?

this guys on point if you want more about ethics.

Just read beyond good and evil.

I'm guessing this is sarcastic, aristotle's ethics are shit, as well as plato and a bunch of writers that the institution will make you read. the real ethic guide is the manatee allegory.

Maybe writing was his way of "giving meaning to his existence". Everyone chooses their own purpose, so he can choose conveying that to future generations to be his purpose.

But what would the purpose of that be? Devoting your life to other is what Nietzsche despised, as it is servile through and through.

or there was no meaning. He just did it. Will to power.

Information is order. Shut up faggot.

Not if he got pleasure out of it. Then it's self-serving.

Nietzsche boils down to the idea that all belief systems eventually become bullshit because "true believers" can't adapt to new information or ideas.

read all how stuff in chronological order and enjoy the ride. just dont hold on too tight

He didn't die next to a horse, he saw a horse carriage owner beating the horse, ran over to it, hugged and cried "I understand you!" he then spent the rest of his days in a mental asylum not speaking a word.

He had a psychotic/mental breakdown

Aristotle has better stuff about ethics though

Also posting my boy SOREN KIKAGAARD, I really liked his stuff. DO YOU EVEN KNIGHT OF FAITH, FAGGOTS?!?

fuck off you fucking leet, i'll fucking kill you! you don't deserve to exist on this earth you fucking piece of shieeeeeeeeeeeet

calm down ffs.
Someone recently recommended The Crack Up by Fitzgerald to me, which is about mental breakdowns, I didn't like it, but maybe it is something to your liking.

On Nietzsche, I think he is one of the most interesting philosophers. Good subjects and viewpoints but as said before don't cling to it too hard. People might think you are edge. If you are looking for any political guidance go check out Julius Evola's Ride The Tiger, it's like he wrote it with the (sensible) Sup Forumstard in mind.

>Devoting your life to other is what Nietzsche despised, as it is servile through and through.

Nietzche was not in the service of other people in any "slave morality" sense, he was publishing his thoughts so that those who would hear him out could ponder his ideas and philosophy. In a way it's very self-serving.

Ligotti is awesome, but so is Nietzsche

they're actually really different too, so I'm not sure why you're putting them so close together

Nietzsche believed you should find something in the world that makes sense for you, regardless of other people and their opinions.

Why are people suggesting me not to read or care for nietzsche ?
>he was a nihilist and you shouldn't read his books

i still don't know the terminition of nihilst

Because when they read it they don't understand it or it makes them feel lazy and weak.
Don't become the Last Man, user, do not fear growth.

anyone suggesting you don't read a book is not your friend.

Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist. He was an anti-nihilist. He thought nihilism was something to be overcome. This is why he was an existentialist.

Nihilism is the belief that nothing in the universe has an inherent meaning or point.

so in short an emo ?

This. The idea that Nietzsche is a nihilist is a common misconception by people who don't really understand his philosophy. He's an existentialist, not a nihilist.

You obviously don't know what existentialism is.

Sorry, I thought you were replying to someone else.

Is morality arbitrary? If so, is it still necessary that we all have one common set of ideas as to what's good and what isn't so that a society can function? Units of measurement are arbitrary, and yet we still need them. Also, what would the perfect morality, as created by ubermenschen, be like?

youtube.com/watch?v=fojM2iaXgyc

>is it still necessary that we all have one common set of ideas as to what's good and what isn't so that a society can function?
It never was necessary. Ideological dogma has been a burden on mankind throughout all human history.