What happens when someone is decapitated. Are they awake? Do they see and feel?

What happens when someone is decapitated. Are they awake? Do they see and feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p8egthBPYrA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_naked_choke
youtube.com/watch?v=1-8hh3Jt0Z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure someone here is willing to help you find out the truth.

Who knows man. The answer to that question must drive people crazy, because the only ones that have ever known have lost their head.

My old HS history teacher said that the brain lives on for a few minutes after decapitation. Apparently there was a guy who proved it by blinking after having a visit with a guillotine.

>samefag, different day

Yeah. There were apparently a lot of examples of this during the French Revolution.

There are ISIS beheading videos where they cut someone's head off and they place the head on the body
And after that the head's eyes move around and look at the camera and the blade and stuff
I'm sure someone has that webm

Bumping for that webm

Also, now that I think about it, it probably wasn't ISIS but just some random muslims.

Is this a feels thread?

I'm sure they're alive and can see everything for a few seconds.

It might just be their muscles twitching though.

Wny?

They die.

When you get decapitated, you get the feeling as if you're being choked. The pain receptors in your brain are being overloaded, so basically it tones it way fucking back to try to compensate.

that's not this one, if that was an attempt to fill the request

here's another

I'm trying to find it.

It was in a garden if I remember correctly, with grass on the ground. Looked kinda like a backyard, not a desert, and it wasn't ISIS but just some muslims

They're dying pretty slowly. I think op means like a guillotine where the head comes off instantly.

Ye?

I'll move along then.

I don't see his eyes move

nah keep posting

Nope, it was a webm where you could clearly see his eyes move.
It was oftne posted in rekt threads with the filename "he looks at the blade.webm"

They wake up 30 minutes later with no recollection of the previous day.

No blood to the brain, no concsiousness. Sudden blood pressure drop would send you straight to oblivion.

interdasting.

would explain why their face stop moving after they hit the main arteries in the neck.

when you get decapitated you can see and hear for a couple seconds before you die

youtube.com/watch?v=p8egthBPYrA

It would take a second or two, but probably not minutes. I like to believe that in the event of a clean-cut beheading (sharp sword, guillotine, etc), cut closer to the shoulders rather than the base of the skull, you'd be conscious for just long enough to be able to see the world spinning around as your head falls to the ground.

this. Your brain would just drain blood immediately and you'd pass out and die. Just restricting blood to your head can make you pass out and die, T. strangulation

Nearly headless? How can someone be nearly headless?

From a website:

For all its unpredictability, when it is skillfully performed on a compliant victim, beheading is a quick way to go, although it is impossible to be sure how quick since no one has retained consciousness long enough to provide an answer. Some experts think consciousness is lost within two seconds due to the rapid loss of blood pressure in the brain. Others suggest that consciousness evaporates as the brain uses up all the available oxygen in the blood, which probably takes around seven seconds in humans, and seven seconds is seven seconds too long if you are a recently severed head. Decapitation may be one of the least torturous ways to die, but nonetheless it is thought to be painful. Many scientists believe that, however swiftly it is performed, decapitation must cause acute pain for a second or two.

Another:

Contemporary records of guillotinings indicate that the facial expressions, including eye movements, of separated heads continued to change for a short period.

There is some speculation that it's possible for consciousness to continue in the head even after it's severed from the body. The reason why is that the blood in the brain can stay oxygenated for up to 12 seconds with no circulation. Theoretically, that temporarily oxygenated blood would allow the brain to keep functioning. While this phenomenon has never been directly observed by modern scientists, there are plenty of stories throughout history of severed heads opening their eyes and looking around. For example during the French Revolution the severed head of Charlotte Corday was said to have stared at the executioner after he smacked its cheek. In 1989, an army veteran witnessed a friend decapitated in a car crash. The veteran said that the severed head of his friend showed emotions of shock, terror, and grief as the eyes looked back at its body.

>although it is impossible to be sure how quick since no one has retained consciousness long enough to provide an answer.

kek

It probably is fairly painless I would think.
Cancer is probably one of the most painful ways to die.

people lose consciousness after a rapid drop in blood pressure even with their heads attached, so no, it's not possible
try again

Pic has a nice neck

> The veteran said that the severed head of his friend showed emotions of shock, terror, and grief as the eyes looked back at its body.

this is a comedy skit waiting to happen

Yes she does

It's probably like the sensation that someone just kicked you in the back of the head and getting knocked out. You'd be like
"What the fu-"
Then it'd all go funny and fuzzy then death

I used the word "theoretically". That was my out. You on the other hand definitively answered an unanswerable question. Do you have an irrational fear of being beheaded and are hoping you're right?

>It's pretty much impossible to not be on the net now without at least once witnessing one of those awful beheading videos. Generation Z are becoming quickly aware that the naive assumptions of the academia are total BS. Beheading is a very painful and lucid experience complete with screams, raspy attempts of breathing through the cut windpipe, expressions of extreme agony and pain, blood and vomit lurching forth from the wound as the executioner hacks and saws away, and numerous obvious movements of the decapitated head for up to a minute after the beheading. Need I continue? Viewing it changed the way I saw things forever.

butthole!

In the same sense that you could theoretically breathe underwater, because water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen.

Even in theory, some things don't work, you fucking retard.

>Do you have an irrational fear of being beheaded and are hoping you're right?
That's much more plausible than you simply being an idiot, isn't it?
Why don't you look up the prevalence of similar types of phobias to get a good approximation of the likelihood that your second post was even stupider than the first?

"Theoretically" you're a moron.

Nice watch

yeah. Ever do a sleep hold? The person faints basically in less than 3 secs.

How do I do that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_naked_choke

It works surprisingly well. Did it on a friend and they went down. Freaked them out how fast. Like a few seconds once applied.

Check it - youtube.com/watch?v=1-8hh3Jt0Z8

their head falls off