Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vksnkgpo7Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=Furrw0VDpWM
soundcloud.com/totinoboy/godspeed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but not too poor to steal user

linkin park-crawling in my skin

or for even more comedic effect the seinfeld theme while the mythbusters theme is played over it

youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

Dude, can you play guitar? I have a guitar, a single multi effects pedal, and a drum machine I bought off a friend and I play in the summer at local clubs and venues as a solo punk/industrial act. The crowd always gets wild and I can't sing so I alternate between spoken word and screaming my ass off and I guess it works. As long as you are passionate about it you can find a way to make music. There is no rulebook on how to start a band or how to make music, just find a way to make cool sounds and do whatever you want.

i play acoustic guitar, but i dont think i will ever be cutout for the contemporary folk lifestyle

There are literally infinite ways you could make music, you just have to be dedicated. You could go online right now, find some lessons, and if you kept at it and practiced you could become an excellent guitarist, who knows you could be the next John Fahey. It doesn't come easy and part of the reason a lot of shit music is out there is because every joe blow who can put together a trap beat thinks they are a genius rapper. Don't be afraid to do something original and cool with what you have. My first few shows were absolute train wrecks but now I can actually put on a decently fun time because I learned how to write better riffs, make cooler sounds with my guitar, program the drum machine better, etc etc. I know I'm far from great but with practice I know I'm getting better. But you have to practice.

>>tfw sperg voice and cant sing for shit
This never really stopped anyone. Dylan was the first and won't be the last. Sometimes a shitty voice is better because it's distinctly shitty.

this is really reassuring considering dylan is one of my favorite artists

the great thing about music is there isnt one right way to go about it. just fucking make something and fuck around with it until it sounds non shitty

Music for this feel is crywank

youtube.com/watch?v=Vksnkgpo7Nk

if we were living in the 1980s I could understand, but now you can pirate a DAW and start up a bandcamp, and having a shitty voice is a plus if you can play it off as being ironically shit.

just produce :^)

yeah but ironically shitty music, is just shitty music. artists like frankjavcee or pinkguy will never put out top quality material because of their irony.

how into producing?

nobody said it had to be remarkable, but people will still find a way to enjoy it. the odds are against OP he'll make it big even if he could sing. gotta work with what you've got.

youtube.com/watch?v=Furrw0VDpWM

download a /daw/ there is pasta in /prod/

Basically youre coming up with excuses for not taking things into your own hands and have this idealized image of what being successful in music is and are dissapointed youre not immediately producing that. Everyones early efforts at music are going to sound like horseshit. You just have to keep doing it.

Making music can be really expensive though but there are ways to get started cheap.

>tfw spending so much money in hopes that this instrument/pedal/microphone will be the one that truly allows my creative vision

Record music that's made to be lo-fi, like make something from scratch so you'll be stuck with it. At all points just keep working with whatever you've got. Just always move forward from whatever your position is.

download a daw! soundcloud.com/totinoboy/godspeed (all i have is a shitty laptop and a daw btw)

>At all points just keep working with whatever you've got. Just always move forward from whatever your position is.
fucking this.

senpai as long as you got the soul you can do anything

>tfw too poor to afford recording good music
Hire someone to record it.
>tfw too socially awkward to perform live
Make it a studio only project.
>tfw sperg voice and cant sing for shit
Hire a vocalist or make it instrumental.
>tfw ill never make my dream album
Probably true.

>Too poor to afford good music
Is that not how all great artists start?

>Too socially awkward to perform live
You wont skyrocket to the top after your first release. You'll perform at small venues and work your way up.

>Sperg voice
I thought I had a sperg voice (still do tbqh) just find a playing sstyle that matches it.

>Never make my dream album
Not with that attitude

i'm not OP but i'd like to say that all the answers itt are making me feel more confident about my music.
there's nothing that i want more than to pick up my guitar and start writing now

thats some ninja shit right there