The second a single drop of alcohol enters the system of one of my friends...

The second a single drop of alcohol enters the system of one of my friends, i feel as if i cannot trust a single word that comes out of their mouths. I hate alcohol with a passion and i'm the only person i know who holds this mindset. I hate parties, drunk people and loud thumping music. I don't get why i think like this, and i hate myself for it. What is wrong with me Sup Forums ?

nothing

I just like alcohol and hate all the things you said

by that I mean I enjoy 2 beers a week or so

Just loosen up, unbunch your panties, and learn to live a little. Alcohol doesn't affect you as much you might believe. It's a way to loosen up and have fun. It doesn't cause deception. It doesn't cause hate. Actually it usually causes them to be more friendly and absolutely MORE HONEST

drunk abusive parents?

Well... I hate alcohol, parties, drunk people and loud music. Congrats, we're no longer special.

i know that my parents like to drink A LOT, especially my father. He used to brew his own beer in the garage as well. Our recycling bin would always be at least three quarters full with beer bottles and cans. I'm not sure if i would call them abusive. I got hit as a child sure, but never to the point where it could be called abusive i'd say.

liquor affects the parts of the brain that control judgement and all that shit. so on one hand it makes you more prone to doing stupid shit and puts you in a "ah fuck it" mind set, on the other, it makes you more honest and upfront. plus being drunk is fun if you're with the right crowd

itt: autism

I've drank alcohol before in large quantities but only once ever got drunk.
My head hurt slightly and my movement was shaky and hard to control.
I didn't experience any "fun",though.
I just kept telling myself i'm drunk over and over.

That's a thing i'd like to know more about. How it feels to be under the influence of alcohol. I despise the idea of having less control over myself and my actions and thoughts. But i think if i knew more about it, i could have a better understanding, and perhaps not be as hateful towards it as i am now. I want to be able to trust my friends when they go out and party and drink. I just want to be normal.

So if you wouldn't describe it as "fun", how would you? Were you by yourself, or with other people?

Remember, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Surely it's possible to just say what you are thinking when you're sober, rather than having to get drunk.

back in the day I used to bingedrink, it was ALL social, I won't get into the physiology of the thing, but you feel uninhibited, nothing can stop you, I won't lie to you, I miss it sometimes, but now I'm in my 30s and I need my neurons

you can drink there's nothing wrong with it, just don't get shitfaced, drunken people tend to be more honest so if anything you can trust them more when they're imbibed

yes but alcohol lowers inhibition

>got hit by parents
>still not abusive
wtf dude

I was with my father who was 76 at the time (that was 4 years ago,never drank again) and a friend of mine. I was in Montenegro working for a company called Swisslion and my father called us all to come drink with him. I was having fun while i was chatting but after i felt a sharp pain my head i was just concentrated on keeping myself sober. It wasn't a fun experience because i was trying to communicate while in pain and completely shaking/dizzy.

>what is wrong with me?
You have never tried drinking

Would you say that alcohol makes you say the things that you've always wanted to say, or it makes you say the things that you never wanted to let out, and makes you regret that?

Just because you get a hiding every now and then for being an annoying little shit doesn't mean that you're being abused. I hate it when people think that if you lay a single finger on someone it's abuse.

Your problem is you live a perfectly normal life away from things that take away sobriety. You probably have a girlfriend and friends and you're leading a successful life thanks to your optimal way of deterring stress and there is absolutely no reason for you to be on Sup Forums. Fuck the fuck off, you disgusting summerfag.

All of my friends are also disappointing degenerates

I need new friends.

Sheltered little fuck. Fine line between discipline and abuse.

Eh the dark side is people like me who drink alone and cry on their couch and wake up with a bed full of vomit.
Alcohol is dangerous, especially if you use it as a crutch to deal with your problems.

I don't have a girlfriend, and i like to keep my friendship circle small. I only have two friends that i actually give a shit about. I'm on here to get advice man, suck my balls.

lol, exactly dude. I think the exact same way.

>crutch to deal with your problems.
those are alcoholic, if you have alcoholic friends, I'd ditch'em

Yeah, i was talking to a friend on the phone last night who's been rejecting her anti-depressant medication, and was drinking by herself in her room instead. I'm really worried about her, and she refuses to take her medication because of the dreams it makes her have. I don't want her to develop a problem and then do something stupid, that's my worst nightmare.

I'm an alcoholic fam. And I'm well aware of it.

The human body naturally contains about an ounce of alcohol.

Enjoy dying alone.

Has she considered going to the doctor to try a different anti depressant?
Alcohol puts you out pretty hard, and usually the sleep from it is dreamless. As a person who suffers from nightmares I can totally understand what she's doing, but it's her funeral if she keeps it up

Nothing is wrong with you mate.It's not that everyone likes to drink.I don't drink either.But I am proud of it.I don't like the part, when you're drunk you are vulnerable and weak.And can't think straight.Thats why I don't drink.That doesn't mean you have to be sad about it.It's perfectly normal.And one more thing If your friends are forcing you or you feel forced just because you're the only one who doesn't drink.Don't drink in that scenario too.Unless you want too.

I hate being sober around drunk people but if I'm drinking I'm all about it, unless they are young. Me and most my friends are late 20S early 30S and drinking with them is good. Go to parties with 18-22 year olds and they are unbearable

that's what I've told her to do, to get on a different medication. Who knows if she'll do it. I'm trying to be persistent though, i want to help her.

I agree, OP, somewhat. Except I don't want to enjoy alcohol, alcohol is a fucking cancer on society and brings out the worst in people.

Believe me, i don't have any desire to go out drinking alcohol either. I hate it.I'm just interested in having discussion about it and hearing other peoples thoughts.

It's abusive not to discipline your child.

Bump