Does this chord progression work? If not, then why?

Does this chord progression work? If not, then why?

F Fm Am C Gm Fm C

Other urls found in this thread:

scales-chords.com/scaleinfo.php?skey=E&sname=eight tone spanish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No you want a F A G F A G

do you like how it sounds?
then yes

1. Draft up a scale that has all of the 1st 3rd and 5th of each chord
2. Cross reference that scale with popular scales (major, minor/harmonic minor)
3. If no match, but still sounds good, make up a reason that it works using music theory terms
4. Become rockstar

ooohhhh ok thx user

these chords will work with this scale:

scales-chords.com/scaleinfo.php?skey=E&sname=eight tone spanish

So uh good for flamenco and bossanova I guess?

That's a fucking hideous chord progression

It sounds very nice user, you won't mind if I take it, r-right?

Change the second Fm to an Fmaj and it's fine.
Or
Change the Gm to a Gmaj

You want your chord progression to move from the tonic (I) [your F chord] to the Dominant (V) and then back to tonic again. This progression here seems like it's more complicated than in needs to be with borrowed chords and whatnot.

Of course if you like the it sounds fuck me and do what you want to do. Music is art anyway.

Change the second Fmin to Bdim7

It's also not helpful to focus so much on the chord progression. Some of the most soulful songs ever written just use a variation on the I-IV-V chord progression. Just start with a simple framework like this and see where it goes.

I can't believe I got out my guitar to play this yards chord progression

It's nice with a bossa rhythm

I don't like but it's your music man, you can have whatever chord progression you want

But do you really like the Fm in there? I get wanting to have a mixture, but maybe you can come up with something else

Try this.

F fm7 am7 CM7 gm7 bdim7 CM7 G7b9

Play with a Latin American rhythm

Shouldn't op learn the basics of key and scale before fucking around with weird ass chord progressions like that.

Substituting the IV with a if is relatively common in folk music. Radiography do it in creep (and substitute a iii with III)

IV with iv

I swear creep always comes out all the time when I try to play chords on the guitar. I know so many of their other songs, there's just something about that song.

F fm7 | am7 CM7 | gm7 bdim7 | CM7 G7b9 C7b5

>puts a bunch of random chords together
>hey does this work?
of course not

actually I take that back, if you end in f major after the c, it works ok. Not amazing, but it works. I think it would be better if you spiced it up by doing chords that are not just standard triads tho.

Oh yeah, I was reading it as if it was in F, my mistake

Well then he could just change the second Fm to an FM or a Bdim then. Or keep it as he likes it, who cares

make that gm a g major and it's a kinda ugly chord progression in c major

Continuing, a think a better progression (or at least more interesting one) would be

Fmaj7, Fm7, Fmaj7, Fm7, Ebmaj7, Am7 2nd inversion, Ebmaj7, Am7 2nd inversion, Dm7, Bbmaj7, Bbm9, Fmaj7

idk that's a jazz progression, sorry if that's not what you want

What are you writing? Folk? Pop? Film score? Edm? Metal?