/daily/ - Stochastic Edition

The date is left to chance.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Most importantly, don't get hit in the face with a tank round!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~mparker97
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/geza_x/you_goddam_kids__f1/
youtube.com/watch?v=iXJ4HZ3-248
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXIbWX999V0
youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk
youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4
youtube.com/watch?v=NIuZ4aLXzbk
youtube.com/watch?v=9H2D-z6KPlg
youtube.com/watch?v=UCCT6UxKXh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey guys I'm new, add me on RYM :)
rateyourmusic.com/~mparker97

Added :)

RYM needs a better way of notifying you when someone adds you :/

sent :)

i'm not feeling like writing much of anything so lets go

Yakuza - Samsara (2006)
>post-hardcore, metalcore

metalcore eh, atmospheric jazzy stuff pretty cool, makes for a weidly unbalanced record with some great highlights.

2.5-

Love, Claire - Love, Claire (1997)
>slowcore

very pretty with some incredibly emotive and passionate overdriven guitar moments (and tight as hell drums!) but the mix is so damn quiet that it hinders my enjoyment a decent amount of the time.

3.0-

Do Herbie next!

noise phase hampus was best hampus

was planning on that already!

I like this OP pic a lot

Good morning dear /daily/!

In a lame mood listening to Coil now. Feeling a bit better.

Will probably listen to new Jandek today.

Raziel(?) wanted a spot on my tourney, need a rec from him

bump!

This Jandek live show is great. The first half at least. Hopefully the second one will be fun too.

New Orleans?

Bristol Wednesday

O, thought you meant "new" as in new from Corwood, not new for you, my bad

Looking forward to hearing what you think about it

Gonna get to it eventually!

Pretty sure I gave a rec for this >:(

Damn I'm only at nr 7 or something in my chronology

If I were to order 20 CDs from Corwood, which would you recommend? I already have almost every live album

From his studio discography?

Here's what I would recommend to fully grasp Jandek:
Ready For The House, Chair Beside A Window, Six and Six, Interstellar Discussions, Telegraph Melts, Blue Corpse, On the Way, You Walk Alone, The Living End, Somebody In The Snow, Lost Cause, White Box Requiem, The Beginning, Put My Dream On This Planet, This Narrow Road, Worthless Recluse, I Threw You Away, The Place, The Gone Wait, Raining Down Diamonds, Khartoum, Skirting the Edge, Where Do You Go From Here, Maze of Phantom, The Song of Morgan and Ghost Passing.

The last 3 will take a long while to go through though.

The 6- and 9-CD sets may be a little too expensive, especially with shipping prices... Looks like a fair selection otherwise, thanks.

I once asked the rep for his personal recommendations, preferrably live albums, so he sent me 16 live albums and Worthless Recluse... WDHMBT

Worthless Recluse was the most impactful album personally for me. I am not surprised that it was his main rec from the studio discography.

Is /daily/ always this slow?

Can any of you recommend me some essential marimbacore? My neighbour in my student home is moving out soon and a marimba player is moving in instead, so I want to prepare my ears.

maybe music for 18 musicians

>Is /daily/ always this slow?
As long as I don't post, yes. Because as soon as I post, there will be ten others here complaining about my posts, greatly increasing the speed of daily.

GoD Damnit, that Hampus is posting again, Now We're really in for it..........

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/geza_x/you_goddam_kids__f1/

coil - the ape of naples

I expected this, don't like it though

I'll check these out

I quickly fell behind on this :/
But yesterday like 100 albmus came out, so maybe I can catch up a bit today

Are they complaining about your posts or the greatly increased speed of /daily/ I wonder?

The posts. Everyone secretly knows that I make /daily/ all the more interesting, even though they try to shame me for shitposting.

I don't mind as long as it's music related shitposting, but I don't come to Sup Forums to hear what your favourite pokemon is

>I don't mind as long as it's music related shitposting
Non-music related posts are what keeps /daily/ alive, son.

/daily/ was originally a blogging platform that let people let out their angsts and keep others informed about what they're doing, the music aspect appeared much later.

Why would you post about music on Sup Forums?

do you think you'll ever stop posting here

this is the last /daily/ thread though

Eventually.

Somehow I got to listening to Meshuggah. It's alright, a bit same-y though. That Scott Walker thread here earlier got me interested, I think I'll check out The Drift later on. How's your weekend going so far?

Doubtful. I mean, I'm already 27 and still posting here. It's been 9 years.

lol

this is true, we only moved here because /soc/ thought we were too much of a circle jerk

okay. i feel like making a chart or something in order to procrastinate, otherwise i'll just play pokemoon

>tfw explicitly trying to find some unobvious way to procrastinate cause the usual is too heavy on my conscience

you wish
i don't see it happening but good luck
you've done too much for this board to leave, same with Hampus

I guess. I tried leaving for a while, I think I made it 6 months before I ended up coming right back.

youtube.com/watch?v=iXJ4HZ3-248

The Pyramids - They Play to Make Music Fire! 1973-1976 (Shamepai) vs Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets (rym robot man)
As for The Pyramids, Lalibela - amazing percussion and rhythm in general, Birth / Speed / Merging - good string + wind instruments combination, King Of Kings - already heard and it's amazing.
Obvious similarity with Bowie on Eno's album, I didn't mind it though. "Baby's On Fire" is remarkably catchy.

Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa - Pyccкoe пoлe экcпepимeнтoв (ImposterTuco) vs Talking Heads - Fear of Music (rym robot man)
Oбopoнa has catchy songs, it's p good punk in general, but not very diverse. Less cheesy than Здopoвo и вeчнo at least.
I have heard "Fear Of Music" some time ago, but long enough to relisten. I remember liking it more than Remain In Light. However, it's not the case now, even though the album is great nonetheless. It's consistent (which seems like a prominent feature of the band) and well-made, but I guess not as impressive and solid as Remain In Light.

Bets:
Terminus (Terminus)
Shamepai (Kanzler)
Jangle (Transgod)
s (gfr)
Torts (justok, Torts)

what's the usual way?
read something relating to nihilism or pessimism or something that may make you stop giving a shit

i'm feeling kinda tired and im p sure im making a mistake by lying down cuz that'll only make me more tired

i've listened to some eai/noise album and it's kinda bad but i don't have all that much of this sort of formless background stuff
ambient recs welcome, no, SotL are bad, even if it's bg music i have standards gdi!

i usually browse youtube and watch random shit.
i'm not able to stop giving a shit but i'm too resigned to do something

It's the game we play

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXIbWX999V0

is this /classical/?
is this /trad/?

yes

damn, naturo is more patrician than Sup Forums let me think

You did indeed, I am a dumb
sorry to that user that recd me, I have to give it to s because he did so first

No joke, this is fun as fuck to play with a band
youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk

So I finally got around to listening to Sonic Youth, anyone got albums similar to Daydream Nation?

youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

hey this is actually very good

"no"

:'(

>don't like it though
in that case definitely listen to geza x because it's terrible

The Drift is great but I feel like it works best within the context of his full discography, still it's a very good album an sich (Tilt is better tho fyi)

i meeeeean if you're into eating shit then i figure this album goes well with that activity

Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick.

Shockingly bad

mostly
but y?

hampus but instead of shitposting his posts are actually coherent and constructive

This is coming from someone who thought Visions had good moments. Her charm carried her along pretty well in the early releases, but Art Angels comes across like she's doing a bad Beyoncé impression

i agree

But wouldn't that be boring?

tbf i don't like anything from before Visions even a little bit

just commit a suicide

music for this feel?

Yeah I guess I just had Visions in mind. What brought her into the spotlight isn't mainstream pop sensibility, of course, but she just took a big step in that less interesting, less daring, specific mainstream direction on Art Angels. A lot of other big acts did that in the past year--James Blake, Best Coast, Angel Olsen (IMO), Bon Iver maybe.

haha no dude, didn't you hear, bon iver is super avant-garde now, up there with radiohead and kanye

Oh yeah, as in a Kanye impression

>it's terrible

I'm enjoying it very much so far! The marimba is not very prominent though, are there any good solo marimba albums?

the shaggs is very good

>I'm enjoying it very much so far
thats what i expected

i dont think solo marimba music is much of a thing, might be wrong tho but i know none of it in any case

nop

yes they are

nop

yea they are

prove it

youtube.com/watch?v=NIuZ4aLXzbk
youtube.com/watch?v=9H2D-z6KPlg
youtube.com/watch?v=UCCT6UxKXh4

Morning /daily/!
Got stoned and listened to Albert Ayler last night, good times.
Gonna listen to some Paul Bley & hit up the record store later, and meet up with my buddy downtown for a beer.
What are y'all up to this weekend?

That's spooky af

Morning pigger

he can have it tho
it's not like i usually get past the first round anyway
listen to SP if it interests you

Visions was essentially Coldwave/Minimal Wave revival though, probably the least interesting musical genres ever concieved
Genesis, Oblivion, Vanessa, the songs she gained attention from all stood out for the sole & simple reason that they had decent melodies, so i disagree with
>What brought her into the spotlight isn't mainstream pop sensibility

your reasoning seems to be "it sounds more like mainstream pop, so it must be worse" but imo her new songs aren't nearly as drab and monotone as the stuff she used to make
but u only like her when u think shes looking sad

hehe

se- ehehe

hihi
ha

self-titled

hahahehe

but she already did the thing so thats a bit late
no i would recommend her:

Musical

(wait for it)

Abortions!

...by DEAD

xD

I found a reference that supports what I want to write in an essay, but the study has a really shitty method and I would absolutely not consider citing it in any "real" academic text, but since this is just a silly essay for teachers to grade... do I add it or not?

Don't do it, have some self respect.

well apparently these days the rule of thumb is: the more a source supports your idea, the less you should care about its methodology

depends on how tired of searching you are desu

I don't care a single bit about what genre a musician plays as long as they're playing to their strengths, which she did on Visions but not Art Angels. Nothing about sad girl politics

>education is a sham

and that's why I stopped a long time ago

ok but seriously
at the end sasuke has

rinnengan
six paths power
sharingan + mangekyou
genjutsu prowess
perfect taijutsu
amaterasu
flame control
plethora of fire jutsu