Why are all their movies miserable bleak shit?

why are all their movies miserable bleak shit?

because you're a tryhard contrarian faggot

The Cohen Brothers? They've written some of the funniest movies in the last thirty years the fuck are you talking about?

last 2 I saw were inside LD and A Serious Man. Both have 2% comedy and 90% existential angst, horrible luck and mishaps

Raising Arizona isn't bleak, is pretty funny and the ending made me cry.

its worth watching that romantic comedy with clooney and zeta jones?

This wasn't that bleak

Most of these kids won't know what that movie is until they google it and without watching it try to trash it.

Why are all his novels miserable bleak shit?

Big Lebowski, Fargo and O Brother Where Out Thou? have bad spots but are generally pretty hopeful

I wouldn't call Fargo hopeful at all. I mean sure in the end the bad guys get theirs but the ginger guy is completely fucked, and all he ever wanted was to provide for his family. And his father in law died like a bitch just because he wanted his daughter back

But Marge and her family tho

Films can be comedies without making you feel happy

stop watchin em when i learned they were jews

Whoa, whoa, whoa..... Jews are cool. Didn't you know?

The only thing they'll Jew you out of is boredom, and not having a good time, goyim.

> Ethan & Joel Coen
> took several movies to realize they were Jewish
Sup Forums-level IQ, everyone

...the ginger guy?

You mean Macy?

yeah him. I guess he's not really a ginger is he. But he has a really ginger-ish vibe, I don't know

there's a lot of humor in their movies, it's just dark.

big lebowski is comfy shit dude

oh I agree about that it's one of my favorites

His character was a greedy piece of shit who didn't care about his wife.

It's pretty funny. Do it.

Ahh the Murray reference. Nice.

He has his wife kidnapped. His family is provided for by their father in law. He know this. The money is purely for his (unnamed) money problems.

The father didnt seem that worried about his daughter. More about protecting his investment and using his bullying business tactics in real life.