Do you drink soda/pop/whatever you call it?

Do you drink soda/pop/whatever you call it?

I stopped drinking it a little more than a week ago, and I'm planning to not drink it for a couple months.

i struggle to quit.
but i love it.

Nah, I quit drinking that stuff months ago. Once you go about a week or two without it it gets a hell of a lot easier to just go without it.
This is you from the future btw.

If water isnt 90% of your daily liquid intake, you deserve to die by the age of 35....

I drink it once or twice a year. Never got used to it.

Been drinking that kinda shit since I was 10, now I will literally feel withdrawal symptoms if I don't have at least 250ml/3days, feeling demotivated, tried, depressed and moody

I used to drink sugary drinks, with like 7 grams of sugar per 100 ml, I've gradually decreased the sugar content by choosing stuff with less sugar and now I've been drinking mostly water for months, can't say that I miraculously feel better or anything (actually kinda depressed, but that's been the case before), but I don't have any guilty feeling when drinking now

only the diet version

lol, dont tell us you've fallen for this "diet" stuff. It's not the sugar/artificial sweetener of the soft drink that makes fat but the insulin response.

i'm not fat sorry.

Why is the future me a cat getting a knife pointed at it?

I hardly ever drink them at all. On average I drink a bottle around once a year, I'd say. Not even joking.

I've been trying to avoid it. I get small breakouts on my face and cutting out soda seems to help quite a bit. I'll have a bit now and again but I've been stoping myself from buying it.

I have a weakness for ginger ale and cranberry juice though, shits cash

It's called soda. No I don't drink that shit.

He's right though, diet soda is just as bad, you shouldn't drink it at all.

Trips checked.

I do, but only for the caffeine. I don't lie the taste of soda, but it tastes much better than coffee, so I stick with it. My plan is to stock up on caffeine pills so I stop associating that satisfaction with soda.

whatever works, eh. I'm still not fat. And i like coca zero better than the original

I'm not arguing that you're fat. I was just agreeing with what the previous user had said.

As long as you're young and have the time for sports, you're fine. But as soon as you have a 9-5 with sitting at a desk only and driving to work, going home and only eat and sleep, it's very, very hard to get rid of the sugared soda. I'm not telling you how to live your life.

i'm 31 and i haven't done any sport in the last 10 years, but i don't live in the US so i guess it's easier.

Actually it's called sodie pop. But this past year I cut down on it alot. Drinking a ton of more water and la Croix. Just feel better as a person. I do drink a mountain dew code red every now and then

I haven't really drank it in years, other than some whiskey and cokes, but I normally drink my whiskey straight.

Once and a while, when I'm on a real low budget, I'll drink cheap vodka and mountain dew. Which I really don't like doing as mountain dew leaves a disgusting taste in my mouth after more than a drink or two. Combined with cigarettes, it's pretty damn bad. Usually end up brushing my teeth and tongue furiously after I've had enough of it.

Then mix it with something else than mountain dew, idiot.

Mountain dew (actually store brand, forgot the name of it) is the cheapest soda there, hence my mention of really low budget. I'm talking when I have about $6 to spare, which is just enough for a pint of cheap vodka and a 2 liter of store brand mt. dew, with a few pennies left over.

Very rare occurance, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

MTN Dew pitch black is my favorite. The best part is it turns your poop green.

Kek. I used to love grape soda when I was younger and it did the same thing.

It's the purple dye that does it.

Try
>raspberry vodka
>Sprite

It tastes like a blue icee

Only diet soda. Sugar is bad

Very rarely drink soda. Have a couple units of alcohol most days though (although I try to stick to the healthy types such as wine, gin and tonics etc.).. the only time I'll ever drink soda is if it's in a cocktail or I really need a bit of sugar to keep me going at work.

same

every now and then yeah I drink it
i am sipping on this over the weekend

>People still think diet is better
Holy fuck how can people fall for this meme

refer to

Raspberry vodka and sprite more than likely costs more than $6, I've mentioned twice I only drink this concoction from hell when I'm really low on cash. Lol

I normally just drink whiskey straight because I don't like to drink soda very much, if at all. My teeth started getting bad a few years back, from the combination of smoking cigarettes, chewing XR adderall and drinking copious amounts of soda.

I had dental work done and my teeth are just about as good as new, so I'd really like to keep them that way. I mainly only ever drink water, beer and whiskey. I still smoke cigarettes, though, which is still bad for your teeth but at least I'm not pulling the triple threat anymore.

>just had my first written captcha in forever

you'll understand when you get there, son

I like chugging it and getting that burning face in your face. I'm weird

cigarettes are horrible for much more than just your teeth lmao

This. I actually believe I read something about diet soda being worse, or at least just as bad, as regular soda. The artificial sweetener in it which I can't think of the name, is pretty damn bad for you.

it bothers me so much whenever someone gargles soda like jfidogjlxncvj

I hear you user but It may cost more than $6 but it worth it and can't be too much more. Flavored vodkas are cheap, raspberry is a common flavor and get some knockoff lemon lime soda. I guarantee you'll like it better than vodka/knock off dew.

i have one or two per week, same number of beers usually too

there are multiple sweeteners but aspartame is basically drinking cancer

i had never before heard about such a thing before now
why the fuck would you do that

No it's not

Well, obviously, but I was just talking about the damaging effects of soda on my teeth. Other than that I'm healthy as a horse, for now.

I've been trying to quit smoking for a while now, but I drink often and when I drink I smoke, no matter how good I'd been doing. I should probably quit drinking for a while too, it'd probably help.

People keep telling me to lose switch to smokeless tobacco to get off the cigarettes, then quit that because it's "easier". But I'm very concerned about my teeth and chew is worse for them than smoking, so probably not going to do that.

>Gave up the liquid jew in March.
>Have only drank water and 100% juice since.
>mfw

That's the name I was thinking of. I thought it was something like that, kept trying to spell it but autocorrect wouldn't help me out so I gave up

cool science, bro

bubbles and sugar xDDDD my fave and i luv how the caffeine keeps me comin back

We call it

limonáda

i feel like ever since summer started Sup Forums hasnt been the same. were going towards fall now and its still weird

I decided to stop drinking sodas and go drinking solely water just for the keks.
I shit you not, I lost so much weight after a month and the following months as well.
Soda is this genearations cigarettes.

they're talking about vaping, stay off that dumb shit tho
your best bet is nic pills, not the patch or the gum your new habit should be something completely different, like need a cig go a round with the punching bag or run to the store and buy something the house needs

The major decomposition products of it are phenylalanine and aspartic acid...two amino acids

Fat? You're the fat one for saying that lol. Just because you drink diet coke, or Cola Zero doesn't mean you're trying to lose weight. I'm 9% Bodyfat and work out 6 times a week, and I drink Cola Zero because it taste better. Normal coke makes my teeth and skull hurt. Also haven't had any sugar since 2015. I rarely drink alcohol, and completely stopped smoking weed. I think I deserve to have a can of Coke Z with my food every now and then. And doubt it will kill me. Shit, I probably sweat that shit out after one workout or in the sauna afterwards. Though I always have a large bottle of water with me to keep hydrated. You are unhealthy because of your overall choices in food and daily routine. Not solely because you choose to drink soda every now and then you dumb shit.

I drink Diet Autism®! It makes me pretty hip and ready! The cool guy AWESMR kids made a gummy bottle of it! It tastes like Rainbow Dash's cummies!

I was drinking an entire 2 liter of Diet Mt Dew a day, plus more if I had the chance.

One day it upset my stomach so badly I stopped drinking half way through my glass and dumped the rest of the 2 liter out. I've only sipped on some since then, that was about 6 months ago.

I drink a lot of coffee and water now.

Лимонадо.

No, they were talking about chewing tobacco/dip/snus/whatever. A few of my buddies, and my dad, all quit smoking by doing chew. But that stuff is terrible for your teeth.

And don't worry, I'm not interested in investing in a mouth fedora.

Type gonna feel better and lose weight. It's amazing what a simple change like quoting sodas, smoking and fast food will do for your well being. After a while, you don't even miss em

I was fat a few years ago and I cut the soda and got fit, do it op just drink water. Nothing but and tons of it

Push through it man. Drink lots of water

I have not drank soda or eaten fast food in over 4 years.
Feels great man
Highly recommend everyone does the same.
Don't let some scum-sucking fucks in some advertising department co-op with chemical manufacturers to hijack your brain's desires. These kinds of things are called supernormal stimuli, and they are a real problem facing all forms of life currently.

if you want to lose weight, things like hot lemon water or tea really go a long way. There are plenty of options besides plain water that are both tasty and healthy.

Captcha was tea, would ya look at that huh

That's also true user, I was on strictly water for a couple years but I drink coffee and green tea now. Shits good mayne

Has anyone fact checked this/created a list of reliable sources? This may be enough for me to stop drinking coffee with sugar free creamer and splenda in it.

There is plenty of evidence that artificial sweeteners can be worse than real sugar. Some of this is overblown, as I was recently reading about aspartame and how they couldnt definitively link it to the headaches and sickness some people claim, but I get the feeling that alot of the studies that show it to be safe are shills funded by the companies manufacturing them. Certainly wouldnt be the first time that happened. At the very least, it is not good for you.
If you must use an artificial sweetener, use stevia extract. But even that tastes like shit, I use real sugar but I just use less.
Protip: raw cane sugar tastes fucking amazing in coffee, and being unrefined adds less total sugar per volume.

>juice

dont you mean sugar water?

Pro tip: artificial sweeteners like aspartame break down into completely natural and safe amino acids (phenylalanine and aspartic acid)

like, I see some people dumping spoonfulls of sugar into their drinks, and that is disgusting to me. A little tiny spoonful gives my tea just enough sweetness to balance out the bitterness without being too sweet. I blame all the sugary breakfast cereal shit and candy they raise kids on. Makes your sugar tolerence go through the roof, makes it seem normal for something to be that sweet when in reality it is completely unnatural.

Honey is the best. So many flavorful undertones, and so many health benefits. I rarely use anything but honey nowadays actually.

the body is much, much more complex than just what something breaks down to, though.

I love a cola after a long day after work. Its a nice burn in your throat.

I can attest to this, diet soda does keep the fat on.
I was walking and eating less than I ever did before, but I was drinking diet soda. When I quit drinking soda I dropped 12lbs in a little over a month.

Thinks honey is not just sugar suspended in some water, kek

I drink water or beer, so no

Like its honestly funny to me.. Why do people consume something of such shit quality and formulation that the only way to make it palatable is to add large amounts of sweetener?

You are right, amino acids make harmful things like proteins and enzymes. Wait those aren't harmful

Someone is starting at his own reflection with delusions of grandeur....

great taste user! :D

Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys have a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t jolt your blood sugar.

Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria.

Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis. This may be related to the 3rd benefit… “All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.

Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.

but its just sugar suspended in water, right.

Never start again. That sugar fucks with your brain, stick to fruit if you want something sweet.

>“All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,”
I don't know if that is true or not because I really don't feel like researching it, but honey's pH balance is low/high or whichever which doesn't allow (mostly) any bacteria to grow/populate in it; it's one of the reasons honey basically lasts forever.

Well there is this magical process called glycolysis that takes glucose or fructose and makes ATP, which is an energy rich molecule your body requires to compete many important biochemical reactions

I stopped drinking soda about three weeks ago. I try to stick to water and black coffee. If I need something with flavor I'll have a glass of cranberry juice. I also cut out fast food around the same time. Since then it's motivated me to start improving my diet in other ways. I only eat sugary snacks one day a week. Sunday morning I stop at McDonald's on my way home from work and get a caramel frappe, then i have a few cookies with coffee when i visit my grandmother in the late morning. Next I think I'm going to try to cut out a lot of bread and pasta

Those 'flavoured vodkas' are also like 20% alcohol.

Honey is antimicrobal, that's why it doesn't mold, I find it funny how you claim it has loads of bacteria but is antibacterial in the same post

The reason it help maintain glycogen or stored glucose (fat) levels is because it made of simple carbs not complex. So the body more easily metabolizes it than let's say starches becuase your body doesn't require an extra energy costing enzymes to produce and run

I am actually researching this now, because you should learn something new every day.

I believe it is specific to certain varieties, as was stated. Will post when I know more.

Isn't all vodka 20%? Sorry it's not grain alcohol.

All honey doesn't mold

this is probably unrelated to your discussion, but if you really want a 'flavorless' spirit, try diluting everclear to 40-45%. Shit goes down soo smooth

mountain dew and doritos

No it's around 35% alcohol, fool. Do you even drink?

Bro, your drink sucks! A-spergers' much better!

20-60%+

That's probably not the only thing making you unmotivated.

What about milk I find myself craving milk all the time and I don't know why

Wiki say at least 37.5% in UK or 40% elsewhere. So is flavored not techniqically vodka? Yes I know vodka is supposed to be a flavorless spirit to be able to mix with anything but you know what I mean

If i stopped eating and drinking shit food and drink id finally be able to buy a gun to end it

Milk gives you skin cancer