How do people simply manage to perfect the art of being in solitary?

how do people simply manage to perfect the art of being in solitary?

Becuz ur fat

You'll slowly grow into it when you turn 30 or past.

>read
>sleep

there is no other option, unless you want to become that one guy who is constantly screaming/singing/rambling, and then when you get back to gen pop, you'll get fucked up

its really not that hard. idontknow if you can 'Perfect' it, depends on what afe you are?

*age.

finally got dubs on a thread...

You just fall into a daily routine where you occupy your time so you're not bored through work or whatever, eat around 7-10 PM and go to bed by 12-1.

15% body fat and i deny girls all the time
do explain?
well i talk to myself all the time. im on the right track
im turning 20 in 2 weeks and i want to join the army. serve 5 years, join a PMC, then keep crusading til its time.
i get up every morning at 8, eat my daily porridge and i just keep myself occupied til work, then spend 3 hours in the gym 5 times a week then go to bed at 3am. rinse and repeat until sunday. i honestly wished i didnt have a day off every weekend but i have to since my work closes every sunday

yeah being alone isn't such a big deal at 20
you're doing fine

you still need to meet people
man is not necessarily a solitary creature

niether was God

and its not the point of me being 20 and alone, i want to die and live alone whilst doing some sort of service towards something

I have kind of perfected solitary, I have been on my own in a city for over 6 years no, I have spent nearly 90% of all time on my own.
I'm not socially inept either.

long story short, people are problems, they have caused me so many issues over the years at 25 I decided to keep everybody at an arms length and move to a city on my own.
In the time being here I have hardly worked, I had 1 gf which I dated for a while, I have a drinking buddy who I meet up with to get drunk and play vidya.
Once I first moved here I had a female friend who I used to chat with.
Being solitary. I talk to myself, I don't have anyone else to talk to. I spend most of my time on the internet or playing vidya.

tl;dr get pissed off with people making life unnecessarily complicated and solitary is the only way to a peaceful life. Then you get used to being on your own.

what helps is if you take lots of naps through the day, so you dont have to worry about the lonely times, ya Dingus.

The closer you get to your thirties, you'll find your friends tied with relationships, jobs, kids and so on. Everything is distracting nowadays and distances blow out of proportion. When you are young, your friends are with you at school or living close. Later you have to move for jobs or what ever reason. That's how you meet fewer and fewer times.
And stop associating yourself with drive. That's like the most plebeian flick. Pretentious as fuck.

my aspergers already does that. even by accident. but i'll definitely take your advice into account. thank you
You can try, but you got a 5 minute window

It's my fourth year of college living at a dorm, and I'd say it's hard not to be solitary. Everyone told me uni was going to be great, and I was going to make friends and find love. Here's how it really went down:
>get to dorm on freshman year
>walk around aimlessly for people to talk to
>everyone is busy or hanging out with other people
>just end up staying in my room
>roommate doesn't want to talk to me
>eat lunch alone everyday
>goes to class and not talk to anyone
>only leave room to go to class
>next year get single room
>spend up to weeks not saying a single word to anyone
Hey, I mean, I've gotten used to it, and I can't really imagine making an actual obligation to hang out with people or spending more an 10 minutes eating lunch. I've honestly ridded myself of a burden.
If you want to be in solitary, OP, you need cut all social ties, and then just do your mere obligations. Then you'll realize just how much extra time you have.

bumperino

that was the best scene in that movie, he smashed buds hands with that hammer

>you need cut all social ties
this.

user, unless you wanted to be solitary at college, not making friends seems to be an issue with you.
You need/ed to actually talk to people, meet up after classes, join groups etc

That's exactly how uni was for me, so glad to have graduated

before or after the SJWs came in?

op have you just got done playing hotline miami
>real human bean xD

Read the replies to this thread and now I'm just sad.

You don't have to be on your own all the time d00ds!

After. I'm a Britbong, UKIP were banned from my uni and Robin Thickes 'Blurred Lines' was banned for being misogynistic

You know, it's pretty immature to have the "everybody sucks" attitude you probably should've grown out of that by the time you were 16

>UKIP were banned from my uni
how?
isn't that political oppression, I thought that would be a no no at uni

what in the hell?

What uni & course?

It's my fourth year, like I mentioned, so SJWs are probably around. I see some activists for black lives matter and Bernie supporters everywhere, but as I said, I only leave my room to go to class. No one on campus really effects my life.
I get this in every thread I post my story in. I feel like people like us are maybe 10-20% of the student population. I silent minority if you will.
I'm sure there is some method of making friends, considering so many people seem to make friends in college. Whenever I hear people talk in class it's always from boring generic conversation about the class, the teacher, and complaining about the work they have to do. But that is just the ice breaker, I guess. I wouldn't even want to meet people after class, because I like to take a nap, and play vidya anyway. I feel like I'm happier to get all my work done and still have time to sleep, anyway.
As for clubs, I tried to join an automotive club, and and a film club. They both went like this:
>show up at club
>everyone is sitting at tables talking and doing some activity
>I try to find a place to sit down and talk to some group about something
>every table is busy having fun, and no one is even looking at me
>everyone seem to already have a friend group going
>circle the room 3 times before someone asks me if I'm lost
>leave
The only way I can see to join these clubs is being invited by someone, because I had to read a flyer and show up in the middle of the semester for both of them. You need to have friends to make friends it seems.
My advice to anyone who wants to make friends in college is to join a frat.

Find a job you give a shit about and make time for friends on the weekends (provided they, too, have time [they won't]). Life's not that bad alone, and if it is, then you're doing it wrong.
>"If you feel lonely when you're alone, you're in bad company."

it just becomes the norm after a few years, I can count on one hand how many times ive left my house this year.

>You need to have friends to make friends it seems.
this is why it is so important to make friends earlier on in college/uni.
talk to people in the class, mae sure you live in the dorms, go to fresher week nights out etc.
there was a sticky on /adv/ about it.

Please don't take this the wrong way but you really need to work on your personality

Stop judging people before you've even met them, you mentioned eavesdropping on people and their "boring" conversations, truth is, everybody is a little bit socially awkward, those boring conversations are a gateway to the exciting ones.

You seem to have this attitude that you're the only complex person, I think that's because you never get to know other people in depth so you don't get to see how complicated and interesting they are

Femanons and gentlemen. We have a WINRAR.

I would be lucky to be in your shoes, user. You mastered loneliness

I'm pretty sure most inmates have a way of getting meth. And meth passes time.

I was 23 last month, been living by my self since i was 17 in 4 different homes. Since then i have almost always spent my time alone, i get out here and there but not close to amount a normal person would, i have like a few friends all older then me by a good 10-15 years i don't know any girls, haven't been in a relationship ever, don't have a job or anything like that, its hard as i would kill to have a normal social life but i have tried and tried and it never seems to work out i can make friends with guys but girls never even come near me....back in the day when i would spend weeks on end by my self when i had no "friends" or no reason to go out side i was in a position of not having a choice but to be alone...when you're in a situation like that you just have to deal with the solidarity as fighting it for me was useless.

>moved to a new city 4 years ago
>im 24 now
> Only just started making a circle of friends, this is so fucking true.

>>/soc/

Top tip for making friends bud, just ask people about themselves, talking about ourselves is like our favourite thing to do, so giving somebody the invitation to do just that will probs make them like you :D

Funny story about that too. Every freshman fakes it for like a week or two.
Like I said, I'm a loner in my fourth year, but when I walked to the smoking shelter at my school, everyone was shaking my hand and introduing themselves and offering me cigarettes. Everyone is talking to me about how cool and exciting college is, and is asking how it is for me so far.
Like, I said, I'm an efficient guy, so normally, I would smoke my cigarette and leave, but it's funny to see how far out of the way freshman will go to make friends in that time. They're all offering me their numbers and asking me if I'd like to smoke weed with them, while they were tossing me cigarettes. I actually filled an empty pack of cigarettes completely full with random brands. And all the young freshman whores were flirting with me.
I find it all funny, because I have nothing in common with any of these people, and I know that in 2 weeks, they will stop pretending to be outgoing, and settle for the friends that they've made.
Surely enough, they were all calm the very next week, and didn't say a word. to anyone outside of their small groups. I go back to just smoking my cigarette and walking away.
These people are so fake.

I know how to make friends and all but its like something just stops me from keeping them, for example i met a girl online once, we lived in the same town, legit liked all the same things "even had the same hobbies" we talked for a few weeks really getting along well so we arranged to meet one night, we went for a walk around town talking ect ect, we parted ways for the night and.....she never spoke to me ever again.

Dude don't let things like that get you down, it's just one of them things, dust yourself off and move on, don't let it ruin your idea of people

>those boring conversations are a gateway to the exciting ones.
I literally mentioned those were icebreakers.
>you're the only complex person
The entire basis of what I'm saying is that I'm living a simple, solitary life. I know these people are likely more interesting than myself. Lack of social drive is a problem of mine, but at this point, I just don't want to sacrifice my solitude for a social life, because solitude is dank.
And don't imply I have never had friends either.
In high school, I was friends with everybody. I have a hot steady girlfriend, went to parties every weekend, and played guitar in a band.

I can dust most stuff off, dusted of a 40mph motorbike crash a few months back but unfortunatly getting turned down, rejected or just plain ignored gets me down because i don't ever try my hand at stuff like that anymore "especially when it comes to women" so getting turned down when i go out the way after manning up and acting on in gets me down.

You say loneliness as if it's a bad thing.

Mate you win some and you lose some, chances are that you're going to lose, the difference is having that 1-2 days feeling shit and sorry for yourself then looking to the future.

Think of it this way, if it didn't work out, then she wasn't the one for you, and when you find the one for you you'll be happy you didn't settle for anything less

Explain how you "never talked to her again." Did you call and she ignored you? Txt and get ignored? Or did you just make no attempt to contact her? How did it happen?

yeah i tried talking to her again via text facebook ect but she just never replied again.
I fully understand that but in my life it didn't take me long to realize that women DON'T like me, im lucky to get looked at once yet alone twice. Every time i have ever tried to come on to a girl has failed....lets say i have more luck with the girls from the age of about 5-10 then i have from 10-23, 10-23 being 0 were as when i was a kid at least i could get a girlfriend, now that i think about it even saying that shows how fucking pathetic my love life is but it shows you just how bad it is. So when i do like a girl enough to actually make a move on her its a massive deal for me because i don't normally do it so when i do get cut down it effects me, i use to try a bit when i was younger ie 16-18 but not once have i have succeeded in picking up a girl

You cant really just join a social fraternity. You generally need to get a bid which generally means you need to know or at least be kind of known by the current brothers.

You can join an academic fraternity based on your major tho.

Really? I thought you just paid your way in. It's still better than actually being socially outgoing, right?

You are putting too much importance on everything about trying to pick up women.

You probably take a shit almost every day but you don't obsess over it. That's how you should look at trying to pick up women. Something you do everyday that requires no extra thought or stress past the moment it is happening.

It will take practice to look at it this way. Try a dating site and mass email lots of women for practice. It doesn't even matter whether they respond or don't.

I am addicted to vidya, solitude is not a choice and I do my best to go to the gym 3x a week so I don't die of cancer or heart disease, but no grills, and no friends apart from vidya friends who play with me as well, I am more addicted to the internet and vidya games then heroine, I smoked for 14 years and quit, it was easier to quit smoking then to quit playing vidya, it is literally all I want to do, browse Sup Forums and a few other forums while in que time for dota2 or csgo, and listen to music or skype, this is how I manage to live in solitude and I just perpetually ignore the outside world as long as I make enough money to sustain my addiction and am relatively healthy, no care

>Try a dating site
One step ahead of you there, and it doesn't work. With a dating site it's way more easy for a girl to just not talk to me on a site she just has to ignore me as appose to just saying go away, everyone ignores me even my old friends don't even bother replying to my messages, i tried using POF a while back sent messages ot loads of people and got one reply saying "i dont find you attractive but best of luck"

Its different everywhere, every chapter no doubt has their own ways of bringing in new members.

I graduated in 2011. The way we did it was we'd hold mixers like the 2nd and 3rd week of school and let guys who were interested in pledging come over and get them all drunk and meet the brothers.

We'd pass out bids to guys which basically says "you are invited to pledge" and then go from there.

Yeah, you pay your way in a lot of fraternities and too many let you just pay for your letters and a lot of people rush the wrong ones trying to make friends and they end up in one where no one knows each other and they dont do shit and barely communicate.

Im thinking we need to see a picture of you to see what needs improving, user.

Either something is up with you or you are chasing 11/10s only.

I wont show a pic as some people i know use the site, but i know my league and its not high, im maybe a 6 at a push...but i guess women think im a 1, i don't try my luck with girls way out of my league as i know i would be wasting my time, but i do have rules, no minorities of any kind and no fat girls.

You have a really sad life man. I'm sorry.

There is so much I didn't know. But ideally, it's just paying for friends, right? I always just assumed that if I were to join a frat, I would immediately have a great social life.

OP. I dont see how people can't manage to enjoy solitude. Im no better than anyone else, but there are so many assholes in the world that living in solitude is the best way to enjoy your life. Why deal with the stress that society can put on you?

If it wasnt for my vidya addiction, I'd easily become a monk spending my life contemplating existentialism or something.