ITT synesthesia general

ITT synesthesia general.

What is the most colorful album you have listened to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LsA84bXrBZw
youtube.com/watch?v=fVLGvFMzjIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I recommend animal collective if you have that. Avey and Geo have synesthesia hard and all of them use textures in their music

c o l o r s
e v e r y w h e r e
m a n n n

Buck 65 - Synesthesia

How is this not bullshit?

How would anyone see anything other than sheet music etc? Otherwise its called imagination.

Does synesthesia mean you literally see letters, numbers, sound etc as colors or does it just "seem" that way? I don't have it obviously

What color is Pet Sounds to you all?
It feels very green. Every song on there is fucking green.

There all lying to themselves and just want attention.

Some people do, but that is rarer. Most people, including me, listen to something and go "That feels very pink."

Yeah well guess what literally everyone can do that

Same and Loveless feels pink. I wonder why.

I didnt know that thats pretty cool

Everyone can say "That feels pink," but it doesn't actually feel pink for everyone. Do some research, will you?

Either of The Avalanches' albums

Ever heard of BLACK metal?

Ever heard of the FUCKING BLUES????

WHITE NOISE

That's not synesthesia. You do some research. You don't have synesthesia, statistically, most people in this thread don't.

Oh, yeah, because the names include colors, that means everyone feels color when they listen to music!

No you're right

YOU'RE SPECIAL

Does blues actually feel blue to anyone? Does black metal actually feel black? Depends on the song for me.

this song feels blue to me
youtube.com/watch?v=LsA84bXrBZw

The blue note
The brown note

I remember listening to Depeche Mode's 'I Want It All' a few years ago and always saw the colour green for whatever reason.

I later found a video of them performing the song live and all of the lights and asthetic they had going for the song were green. Thought that was pretty neat

What is the most colorless album you have listened to?

I always feel color when listening to music, so none.

Kinda always felt like the Beatles' White Album is really 'white' just can't put my finger on why i think that though.

I know this is probably a joke, but the White Album feels kind of brown for me.

Lonerism
Sleep Cycle

strawberry jam
no now
art angels
the money store
homogenic
yeezus

ITT: Special snowflake's

>an envious guy who can't feel it

I feel like a lot of it is legit but making it a "special" condition thing is retarded because most people are capable of associating things with color

tfw Kid Rock is colorless

Is it like depression and ocd, where everyone claims to have it to seem more quirky?

I'm convinced if anything's it's actually closely related to OCD if not a type of it.

It's literally just a compulsion to feel or "see" color.

i only listen to music whos cover art matches my synthesiatic feel for that album

youtube.com/watch?v=fVLGvFMzjIs

That's not FUCKING synesthesia
That is

dunno but this is my go to album for colors and shapes in space

I suffer from crippling depression :P look at how quirky I am!!!

Dude from here. Some album covers just happen to match what color the album feels like. Like, Pet Sounds and Sgt Pepper have a lot of green on the covers, and they feel green, but the White Album is a brown and Hi How Are You is a gray-ish blue, but they both have covers that use a lot of white.

theyre making fun of you captain autism

Iglooghost- Chinese Nu Yr
Battles-Mirrored
Sufjan Stevens- All Delighted People
Hudson Mohawke- Butter
Jamie xx- In Colour (yes seriously)
Boards of Canada- The Campire Headphase
Busdriver- Perfect Hair
Frank Ocean- Blonde
Phillip Glass- Glassworks
Steve Reich- Music for 18 Musicians
Terry Riley- In C

This is just what comes to mind from recent stuff.

It's an actual nerve miswiring that causes people's senses to be fucked up. It's not about a need to associate colors with things

Sunshower by Taeko Onuki

Rather than colours I most often tend to feel music as cold or warm. Thermoception is a sense, it counts.

i've got a question for those of you who got synesthesia, do you see the colour with every note?

SYNESTHESIA IS LINKED TO AUTISM

IT IS scientifically PROVEN

The album cover is no coincidence

Sounds always have colors you special snowflakes. If you can tell me what color a C7 is compared to an A6, that would be impressive, but if you're just going by tone, you are a retard.

I think its also to do with the relation of the notes to eachother in the melody, vibrato, tones of the instrument, equalizer, dissonance, harmony and shit like that which gives the musuc unique "colors". I dont actually have synethesia or w/e but its how id imagine.

Well synesthesia afaik doesn't necessarily require knowledge of music theory at all.
It's just that you can feel with a sense what another sense should make you feel...

Basically, it's the same as when you smell something and know how it'll taste.

a lot of them probably do. it is an actual thing, but it's extremely rare

and by "most people don't", you mean "nobody has"

high hats are my favourite sound.

they're bright blue crescent shapes. pinch harmonics also look neat, and with enough sustain they look like a spiraling dna shape that closes into a needle shape.

i think it's weird that some people don't have that association between sounds/shape/colour

normally i actually 'see' the notes in a different space. Try imagining if your thoughts took up physical space, and try imagining that you can see them. It's kinda like when you look at the ocean, how everything seems so far away but you can't tell if it's close or not, just like the flat line of the sky and the ocean. The sounds sorta just float and travel through there. Like, y'know, when you see a boat or an airplane or some shit. Where is it? Who knows?

Autists are more likely to have it, but not all autists have it. In most cases people with synesthesia don't have autism.

>If you can tell me what color a C7 is compared to an A6, that would be impressive
that's how they diagnose synesthesia, by playing random notes to a person and asking what color they are, if that person says the same color every time then it's synesthesia, if not it's bullshit. the same goes with letters and numbers.

Also, every song on Loveless is a very strong wave of a different color for me.

I should also mention that I don't have synesthesia but I feel color in music pretty strongly

You'd be surprised by how many people do this.