What movies from this century do you think will be considered "classics" in the future?

What movies from this century do you think will be considered "classics" in the future?

rocky balboa

Sup Forums will never know, but it'll be Inception.

BvS

> Frozen
> The Force Awakens
> Jurassic World
> Marvel's Avengers
Remember, these films dominated the box office in our time. Will you look back on this fondly?

Stray Dogs

The Dark Knight Rises

The Matrix, even more so than it is now.

Classics?

Maybe Fellowship out of all those mentioned. If I had to come up with one id say TDK. Not because it's that good, but because I can see people even now saying "what a classic" like they would Jaws for example.

I with the same could be said about say Lawrence of Arabia, but they don't make movies like that anymore.

Lord of the Rings is the obvious answer. Also off the top of my head

There Will Be Blood
Pan's Labyrinth
Spirited Away
No Country For Old Men
The Master
Frozen
Finding Nemo
The Royal Tenenbaums
Mulholland Drive
Anchorman
Star Wars 7

Not saying I agree with all of these btw

>I with the same could be said about say Lawrence of Arabia, but they don't make movies like that anymore.
I think Tarantino could if he put his mind to it, but I doubt he's interested in resurrecting anything outside of western epics.

The Newcomers
L.I.E.
The Emperor's Club
The Girl Next Door
Taking Lives
The Ballad of Jack and Rose
The King
Little Miss Sunshine
Fast Food Nation
Weapons
There Will Be Blood
Explicit Ills
Light and the Sufferer
Gigantic
Taking Woodstock
The Good Heart
Where the Wild Things Are
The Extra Man
Meek's Cutoff
Knight and Day
Cowboys & Aliens
Being Flynn
Ruby Sparks
Looper
For Ellen
12 Years a Slave
Prisoners
Love & Mercy
Youth

Wall E, the movie is mostly non-verbal and it works very well.

It completely falls apart when they leave Earth because Pixar didn't have the balls to commit.

It won't even come close to being remembered the same way as Nemo

*tips fedora*

>Lawrence of Arabia, but they don't make movies like that anymore.
>I think Tarantino could if he put his mind to it

Why?

All ghibli, all Villeneuve, all kon, all nolan, most spielberg. Mostly what reddit likes

He has the mindset to understand that era and interpret it for the modern audience as best I've seen. The time that produced the sword and sandal epic and the general historical epic was largely rejected by filmmakers in Coppola/Spielberg/Lucas school of thought that was dominant in the 1970s and 80s. Someone like Tarantino isn't so quick to embrace that aspect of postmodernism I think, his work is certainly postmodern, but it's the ass-end of the movement, the point where it becomes recursive and starts to feed into the point past parody of taking the material seriously.

If anyone's autistic enough to do the research, I'd be curious as to what percentage of movies are considered "classic" from every decade and how the ever increasing amount of content skews, dilutes, or has no effect on said percentage.

Secondhand Lions

How has no one said Tree of Life?

An awesome mystery... In your death we are reborn... In your death we are reborn...

what is this cat's name

Because no one outside of film forums and imageboards know what the fuck Tree of life is

Tropic Thunder

maybe not textbook classic, but 1 layer deeper than entry-level. i wish

People talk about the Eighties being a shit decade for film but it has tons of movies that right now are considered classics by general audiences.

Are you guys all trolling or is this serious?

Can't believe the retards in that thread actually upvoted a comment saying the Marvel flicks will be considered classics of kino in the future. The crazy thing, some people are such plebs they think r/movies is pretentious.

1. Spiderman - Kicked off capeshit.
2. The Dark Knight - Peak capeshit. Influenced a lot of action thiller movies
3. Avatar Kicked off return of 3D gimmick.
4. LOTR Trilogy inspired many fantasy films.
5 Harry Potter Franchise inspired a lot of young adult fantasy films.
6. Twilight Franchise - important for all the wrong reasons.
7. Star Wars Prequel Trilogy for bring notorious letdowns.
8. Matrix sequels for the same reason as 7.

The Assassination of Jessie James by the Coward Robert Ford and There Will be Blood would be up there

It went over your head newfag.

There will be blood
Hachi: a dogs tale
Eagle eye
Gigantic
Abraham Lincoln: vampire hunter
Mad Max: Fury Road
Easy A

Fucking grungepig.

Don't recall anything CLASSIC in those besides there will be blood.

C L A S S I C P A U L D A N O