/cyc/ AKA /bike/ AKA /GBwinslol/

bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36800391

Get in here lads

Other urls found in this thread:

rio-areena.yle.fi/
cyclingnews.com/news/olympic-games-french-confounded-by-british-success-in-team-sprint/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rest of world shouldn't even show up

they aren't even trying

get in here fags

Schedule:
20:00 - 20:38: Women's Sprint Qualifying
20:40 - 21:02: Men's Omnium Scratch Race 1\6
21:04 - 22:51: Men's Sprint Finals
21:12 - 21:40: Women's Sprint 1/16 Finals
21:50 - 22:47: Men's Omnium Individual Pursuit 2\6
23:15 - 23:33: Men's Omnium Elimination Race 3\6

where can I find a laura trott wife

>no seriously guys, I got it for real this time

How can other women compete?

[spoiler]They can't.[/spoiler]

any council estate in england

they are, that's what's cute about it

can we cuck GB out of a medal again?

Pfffffftttt we're shit

I really hope cav can do it

He's a cunt but he deserves it

GB legit having a chance to beat China in medal table

I am honoury Brit for the rest of the Olympics

I have hope in Gaviria

who /comfy/ here?

They already have unofficially tough.

GBWINSLOL

Rest of world?

hello?

We already are, whitlock is about to win his second gold today

Better than expected desu

gg ez

WTF happened?

nice

>Ireland
>Honourary Brit

RARE
A
R
E

is it possible for us to make it to the next round?

Elinor > Laura

yeah but still diving, badminton and table tennis to come. that's another 5 golds at least for China

>no qt cyclist gf to smother you with her thighs

> multiplethreads

fuck sake

can a bike nerd explain to me why the bikes for indoor tracks look so different from your average bike? I'm curious about the dynamics/mechanics.

>tfw snooker didn't make it in

how was your sunday ride Sup Forums?

left my card at home so I cut mine short and skipped a coffee stop.

Fair play

Nah, we didn't classify, already in 10th place

built for maximum aerodynamica

Assuming your view of the average bike looks like a standard cruiser with flat handlebars, then the main reason they look like that is aerodynamics

They're fixed gear so you can't stop pedalling.

They also have only one gear and it's huge. Bigger than the highest gear on a road bike. Which means it's hard as fuck to cycle slowly but you can go sanic.

They have no brakes.

Also clipless pedals so if they fall getting their feet unclipped in time is highly unlikely so they'll go down with the bike.

Aerodynamic wise they're all made of carbon and light as fuck and everything is built for aero.

Wallrider time

A free Gold would be great

That fucking kangaroo lel

But we did win gold yesterday so I suppose it's worth a try

Does cycling really give you that much cake?
Is her cake for aero?

another day another record
nothing personal kids

My favourite thread.

>country where everyone cycles
>not even that great at olympic cycling

Why? Is it because you don't have any hills?

track bikes are specialized. They no freewheels or brakes. They are not meant for rider comfort since the races are quite short. Without cross-breezes the 5-spoke/disc combo can be run.
For sprinters, the bikes are heavily reinforced as well.

wall ride webm

>Also clipless pedals so if they fall getting their feet unclipped in time is highly unlikely so they'll go down with the bike.

Aren't you just meant to go down rather than even try and unclip? A bruise/graze > broken ankle/leg

The frames don't look that differentn to TT/triathlon bikes, they're built for aero above everything else. Different bars because they only ride in the drops and don't have brakes. Single speed means a narrower rear spacing because they don't have to accomodate a cassette.

Nah probably not when the whole thing is over.

no darts either. a far superior and more popular sport than archery

Imagine Taylor vs MvG for a gold medal

Interesting, thanks for all the details.

whats the difference between, 6, 2, and 1 people racing at the same time? Even 2 people makes it shit trying not to crash instead of speeding your maximum potential other than the peer pressure pushing effort...

There's never enough time to unclip anyway, dunno what you're supposed to do desu.

Where can you find hills in britain? Scotland maybe?

It's what /n/ told me so i dunno, makes sense though

I NEED a qt thick-thighed cycling gf right now

> not even that great
why? just because we had so many people falling of their bikes we still managed to do well

Van der breggen gold
Liglee gold
Dumoulin silver

does she have herpes on her lip or what's going on.

We literally have a region called the Peak District. Plenty of hills m9

different events, really.

The 1-on-1 sprints are a tactical battle.
The pursuits are basically just time trials, for all intents and purposes.
The mass start races are demolition derby, but with a lot of tactics as well, and complicated scoring.

the while country is pretty much hills. same with ireland. no big mountains but lots of hills

Literally anywhere. But they're normally short and very steep rather than being endlessly long alpine hills or w/e

Very often, the clips will unlatch during the crash without any effort from the rider. You only have to move your heel sideways and the clip is unlatched.

bussy:D

>dat bellybutton

Is that intentional?

ANOTHER GOLD + SILVER INC LADS

BRIT SPRINTS

DOMINATION

TOTAL DOMINATION

>You only have to move your heel sideways and the clip is unlatched

I would imagine they are tensioned rather high though so it's probably quite difficult to get your foot out.

Did they shop her jaw? She doesn't look that hormonal in moving images.

Will they race together after qualifying?

Even a quite literal who from heptathlon can finish 2nd for us

They should just give us the gold medal already

Up north, Scotland and Wales yeah. Obviously smaller inclines in all over the place.

They can only meet in the final now

Britain is hilly as fuck

They should give us the olympics, we've won the whole thing.

Lets get Becky and Katie as the top two cyclists

Lets have another sprint final being two brits against each other

That would be absolutely fucking perfect

For sprinters, since they pedal by pulling as well as pushing, many still prefer to use straps in conjunction with clipless pedals. If they fall they're stuck.

Remember that Chinese rider that crashed a couple days ago and she had to drag herself and her bike off the track?

gimme a link to stream from

they're not like road bike clipless, they're strapped in too

They use straps (I think they use clipless pedals as well for extra security) to keep their feet on the pedals when they're putting down the crazy power. A foot slipping off would be pretty catastrophic.

It all depends on what the rider is comfortable with. When we rode, I preferred loose clips, but my brother preferred them very tight. Yet whenever he crashed, the clips would usually come unlatched anyway. It seems that the natural motions and mechanics of a crash are very agreeable with the clips' designs.

no

I love those Australian BT bikes.

One of the fellows at my club rides one. Paid a pretty penny for it. Incredibly stiff frame.

>/cyc/ AKA /bike/ AKA /GBwinslol/
/aka/Dope

We should forcefully annex all bikes from the netherlands with a strongly worded letter and banish them out to only compete in speedskating

the bikes are ours

I see, I'm going by BMX clips, and I assumed it was the same basic design; but obviously there are differences between that and this. All apologies, lads.

How is "lel swimming a meme with quadrillions of sub-categories to boos murrica" and cycling not the same but for worst Scotland ?

aka /franceloseslmao/

I'm game for a trip to amsterdam throwing bikes in the canal

*boost

The germans already did that, don't you dare

10 track medals for cycling overall

>How is "lel swimming a meme with quadrillions of sub-categories to boos murrica" and cycling not the same but for worst Scotland ?

rio-areena.yle.fi/

>this skinny bitch chink

booooo

>“They don’t exist for four years, then at the Olympics they outclass the whole world,” said a similarly bemused Michael Gané, the French sprint coach, as he watched Philip Hindes, Jason Kenny, and Callum Skinner triumph in an Olympic Record time.

>cyclingnews.com/news/olympic-games-french-confounded-by-british-success-in-team-sprint/

On the apoplexy scale of 1 to 10, is this a 12? 12.5?

Things i'v learn this Olympics:

>Britain still rule the waves
>Golf is actually exciting
>Hoy is a actually a great pundit and top lad

>How is "lel swimming a meme with quadrillions of sub-categories to boos murrica" and cycling not the same but for worst Scotland ?