Why do you still listen to popular music?

Why do you still listen to popular music?

the person that made this image needs to have sex

He wouldn't find it artistic and ecletic enough

I really despise weebs and animetards having shitty elitist attitudes. People need to put them in check again and society needs to stop being accepting of weirdos

When Ame becomes intoxicated at a wine bar while trying to interpret so-called "intellectual" art, I can't take her opinion seriously.

The saddest part about elitists is they fail to realize their tastes and opinions are 100% identical to one another, compared to a top 40 "pleb" who has unique opinions on admittedly generic things

Give me a unique "pleb" over a drone "patrician" anyway

art music hasn't been relevant for a century

have fun with your dead medium

>unique "pleb"
Doesn't exist.

>weeb shit

Opinion discarded

Popular Music rivalizes Art Music.
Serialism - Free Improvisation
Microtonalism - Microsound
Sonorism - Electroacustic Improvisation
Spectralism - Lowercase
Indeterminacy - Onkyo-Kei
So wrong.

> someone makes a thread
> "god this entire subculture are such elitist pieces of shit because this one person made a thread I'm offended/made insecure by, I wish society would marginalize this clearly subhuman group of people"
> op probably isn't even a weeb

>kanye west
>talentless
Awful bait

>wikipedia

Insecure? Offended? no nigga, the pic has an anime girl.
I dont give a fuck though, you sound like one of them. I hope society kills you off

yeah when you're older you'll realize that "patricians" are very boring and unremarkable people when it comes to taste.

>Kanye
>Talentless

>Loves anime enough to shove characters in the header of a picture he made just to make himself feel better as the elitist piece of shit he is
>Not a single anime has the characters' mouths sync up with a single word they're saying, not even in the language of its creators
>Not a single anime has dialogue that isn't so corny it ruins the atmosphere that might be present
>Not a single anime was written by people who understand subtlety, rather, they have to shove every single detail about a situation into the viewer's face as if they couldn't infer most of it themselves
>implying anime has any talent behind it outside of the people drawing intricate and detailed settings for each scene
Also,
>Anime's primary audience is children, but other than that, the collective most associated is, you guessed it, the lowest brand of quote on quote, "loser," which was described in the same picture as, "plebian"
>implying anime is patrician in the slightest

I understand the dislike of popular music given populist ideals have lead to many regretable decisions but i belive dismissing the meduim as a whole is irrational. for instance you list metamorphosis as a classic but there have been sold out performances by hacks and there have been beautiful renditions of populist works.

because its catchy and makes me feel good

Satoshi Kon was great though, but I nearly agree on all points.

>This meme again

Art music as described here is for pseudointellectuals with some sort of complex.

>L'étranger
>pleb
the fuck outta here

>this many weebs
fuck I wish Sup Forums was a separate website

Being an overt Kanye hater is a pretty big indicator of musical insecurity. OP sux

me too

idk but anime is the cinematic equivalent of dog shit.

Music, first and foremost, is meant to be enjoyed. There's no point in analyzing or dissecting shit if it simply doesn't sound good. I couldn't care less about whether the music I listen to is "sophisticated" or "intellectual," I just enjoy music and I'm not a fucking autist about it like you elitists.

>Why don't you listen to classical, Sup Forums?
Because I care more about music sounding good than about elitists on an anonymous internet forum.

insecure pleb

Good argument, really made me think.

Is that the dad on little house

you sound like one of them. I hope society kills you off

>>Why don't you listen to classical, Sup Forums?
>Because I care more about music sounding good
Classical sounds good.

But you don't have to analyze classical either in order to enjoy it; you can like it on the basis that it sounds good, and a lot of it does, and all the theory stuff and underlying complexity is just a bonus. So I personally wouldn't use classical as a concrete example of musical elitism over enjoyment, since enjoyment is a base emotion and can come from anything.

why do these threads happen so often? stop shilling your "intellectual" shit.

Because if I did that I wouldn't be able to listen to Ween. Why would I do that to myself?

>anime
anime is the definition of low-brow. Anime is not art.

Texhnolyze and legend of the galactic heroes are patrician anime

True but some anime is good

you just need to get to the good stuff like cowboy bebop and fooly cooly

It might to you, and that's fantastic, but OP's image is literally shoving one style of music down everyones throats as if it's objectively better than any other style. It's just as closed minded as people who exclusively listen to radio pop.

>believing this
baka

>cowboy bebop and fooly cooly
>good
Hello 2009

but its true you fucking retarded faggot

all popular music is background filler music compared to western art music you stupid bitch boy

i wasn't forced to take piano lessons when I was three until the twelve grade and have no friends to read your stupid gay opinion neck urself kid

>intellectuals
>pic of a woman

every time

>fucking retarded faggot
>stupid bitch boy
>your stupid gay opinion neck urself kid
Argument entirely invalidated

Serious reply: I think popular music serves as a good way to recontextualize the innovations of art music in a more accessible and casually enjoyable package, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you are aware of what the influences of what you are listening to are/what you are listening to is derivative of.

I bet you pee sitting down and put milk before the cereal

still doesn't change the fact that unique plebs don't exist.