How smart is Sup Forums?

How smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7NE7apn-PA
socialpsychology.org/teach/wasona.htm
bustle.com/articles/173579-this-quick-test-might-determine-how-logical-you-are-but-be-prepared-to-get-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

K

A must have an even number on the other side, 7 must not have a vowel. Nothing else matters.

a+2

k+7 are irrelevant

you're all retarded

A and 7

7 is very relevant

retard, what if k has a vowel on the other side?

third post correct post

I don't see how it's not all of them?

Turn over A and it has an odd, rule broken

Turn over K and it has an even rule broken

Turn over 2 and it has a consonant rule broken

Turn over 7 and its a vowel rule broken

Are you actually stupid?
Read the rule. It only applies one way

the original q said cards have a number on one side and letter on the other.
OP left that part out. If that's not the case then yeah, you need to check K

See

A and 2
/thread

turn over all the cards

It seems people are assuming that each card has a letter on one and a number on the other side.

>Turn over 2 and it has a consonant rule broken
There is no consonant rule.

all but 2

A and 7, the rule says only that if there's a vowel there must be an even number but doesn't say the other way around too

Holy shit you're retarded lol

what if K has a vowel on the other side?

I don't suppose that it is implied that there's a number on one side and a letter on the other so K must be flipped as well

So only check K, 2, 7 since A is guaranteed to have a even number since it is a vowel?

that's what I got and I was a D student. so either I've gotten smarter with age or I've got some bad news for you

Alright kid, then let me explain. If you flip two over, and it has a vowel, then that's fine. If you flip 2 over, but it has a consonant, that's fine as well. The rule states if it has a vowel on one side, it must have an even number but it does not apply in reverse. Now if you flip the seven over and it has a vowel, then the rule is broken. A vowel on one side but an odd number on the other breaks the rule since the rule explicitly states that any card with a vowel on one side MUST have an even number on the other

It's not guaranteed. If you flip A over and 1 is on the back, then the rule has been broken

But it says if it has a vowel on one side it must have an even number on the other side. Since it must it just seems safe to assume that the only card you don't need to check is A.

Answer is A. People saying a and 2 is understandable but they are wrong. People saying all 4 must be retarded or trolling.

If its a vowel then it must have and even number. This doesnt necessarily applies backwards and not for any reason could apply for non-vowels to have odds.

That's flawed logic. The rule is simply there. It is your job to determine which card(s) must be checked to ensure the rule actually applies.

It's hilarious how condescending you are while being wrong. I often wonder if cocksure morons realize how stupid they are deep down, and just choose to be cocky, or if you genuinely have no idea that you're an idiot.

>Now if you flip the seven over and it has a vowel, then the rule is broken.

Can you or can you not say the same thing about K?

YOU CAN

Therefore, you have to flip over K to see if the rule has been broken.

So your original answer of
>A and 7
is not correct, which is okay. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. The embarrassing part is how much of a douchebag you acted about it afterwards.

A is the only one you have to flip
>even number dont HAVE to have a vowel on the other side

Fuck, i just realize you have to turn everyone in case any may have a vowel on the other side

What if 7 has a vowel on the other side

You don't need to turn over 2

There is no way 2 could be a rule breaker

A -> not even -> rule broken
K -> vowel -> rule broken
7 -> vowel -> rule broken
there is no rule saying there can't be letters on both sides

Whats a vowel

>still not realizing where you are wrong
I found a video regarding this exact question. Watch it.

As a matter of fact, I think OP pulled his picture from a screencap of this video

I changed my mind. Only 2 needs to be flipped since you already lost with K and 7.

only need to turn over the A

see
OP said the question wrong

A
K

2 does not need to be flipped since there is no way it can fail the test.
If it were a vowel, 2 is even so it passes.
If it were a consonant, another number, or a picture of your dad's dick, no vowels are present so the rule does not apply.

A and 7
If a card has an even number, it doesnt have to have a vowel, but if a card has an odd number, it cannot have a vowel.
likewise, if a card has consonant, it doesnt matter whats on the other side, but if card has a vowel, it obviously must have an even number.

Whatever i dunno if you faggots can understand my explanation, but im definitely right

see

there is that rule in the original question op stole the screenshot from:

A AND 7

If you don't understand why this is the only possible solution, please don't vote or have children.

You are right, the question is poorly defined, and is really asking on the side you see if a card has a vowel.....

That video presents a different problem than the one presented by the OP

Why not just use basic logic to figure out the answer? A toddler could do it. If you just google for answers without understanding what you're looking at you run into problems like this.

but that's wrong

K might have a vowel on the other side

sterilize yourself

you're assuming that the cards have to have a number on one side and a letter on the other side, the answer is all of them, if one rule could possibly be broken then other rules could too, you need to check every card.

well, either op fucked his question up, or it's a different question with the same picture.
with that rule A and 7 suffice, obviously

why would you check 2?

Math major with minor in philosophy and physics here.

A and 7. It only applies a rule to cards vowels having even numbers on the other side. Not, even numbers having vowels on the other side. You flip over 7 to make sure the letter is not a vowel.

>You flip over 7 to make sure the [other side] is not a vowel.
why don't you do the same thing to K?

How does it feel to be a math major and make the beginners mistake of assuming rules that are not specified?

Rule: If V, then E
This means:
Given V, you always get E.
So, flip O to see if you still get V.
Also, flip V to see if you don't get O.

The rule does not mean:
If C(onstant), then O/E

The rule also means:
not (V and not (E))
Which is equal to:
not (V and O)

This is why you should flip and V or O cards.

Lawyer here.

The answer is A K and 7

A: must be checked for an even number on other side
K: must be checked to ensure the other side is NOT a vowel
2: doesn't matter what it is on the other side, it already conforms to the rules regardless of what is there
7: must be checked to ensure the other side is NOT a vowel

You're retarded.
See my since you can't extrapolate logical statements.

yea i was thinking that every card has one number and one letter. bad assumption on my part.

Nope.
See

kek, a lawyer beat you in logic.
where is it specified that k can't have a vowel on the other side?

Wrong. You're clearly too stupid to have an opinion.

Try again, jackass: socialpsychology.org/teach/wasona.htm

BTW, I have a 1 in 10 million IQ. Lawyers have nothing on me.

And I never said K had to have anything. Reread my post. I doubt you have the ability to comprehend it anyway.

>How smart is Sup Forums?
not very smart, according to this thread

fucking hilarious, I bet all the idiots that got it wrong self-report an IQ of 130+ too lol

This is wrong. And I showed the logic for each flip or not flip in my post.
The rule says if it has a vowel on one side, it must have an even number on the other.

It doesn't say "the side that is showing" or anything like that. So to ensure the rule is being followed you can't assume anything about the backs of the cards.

It looks like your answer was A and 7 but that's because you are incorrectly assuming the back of the K card can't trip you up.

But that's not right because if K has a vowel on the back, then it violated the rule by having a K instead of an even number.

Don't argue with lawyers.

You're clearly too fucking retarded to put forward an answer. All you can do is presume you're smart by pointing out nothing but generalizing like a dipshit. Kys

>socialpsychology.org/teach/wasona.htm
your question:
>Suppose each card has a number on one side and a letter on the other. Which of these cards are worth turning over if you want to know whether the statement below is false?
>has a number on one side and a letter on the other
where on earth is that in ops question
you obviously lack reading comprehension

reading comprehension fail

You're still wrong dumbass.

I even gave a source for why you're not as smart as you think. LMAO.

Laywers shouldn't exist. They're parasites.

Flip them all over theirs no rule telling me I can't

You're a fucking idiot. Can't expect anything more from a moron like you, anyway.

not you?
if so, yeah wrong assumption on my part
if it is you the fakt that you didn't mention k is the whole problem

>I even gave a source
To a completely different question

It's A and 7. Or any Vowel or Odd card. Anyone who tells you differen't fails.

fail

First thing first we don't flip k cuz is not a vowel and we dont flip 7 cuz is not an even numbers so we are left A and 2 which we have to flip to see if the rule has been followed or not so is A + 2

No, I am not I am:
Yes, anyone who thinks a consonant or even card should be flipped is wrong. Anyone who doesn't correctly point out that an odd or vowel should be flipped is wrong.

Correct answer: A & 7
Wrong answers: K & 4

Who cares? I'm having sex right now, and that matters more than being smart!

ak7

it's not difficult

You fail at life. kys

what if K has a vowel on the other side?

lol #rekt

I hope a law gets passed preventing morons like you from reproducing freely.

k is irrelevant.

The rule has NOTHING to do with consonants.

Prove me wrong, beta cuck.

but what if the other side is a vowel

then that card becomes very relevant

and you won't know unless you flip it

bustle.com/articles/173579-this-quick-test-might-determine-how-logical-you-are-but-be-prepared-to-get-it

lol

That's a different question, dummy

Still the lawyer here. I decided to decipher your idiotic logic equation here because you're probably going to argue to the death even though you're wrong. Don't worry, I'm very used to people like you.

So the flaw here is pretty simple. Why the fuck are you flipping the odd number cards and not flipping the K? The answer is that are you making the false assumption that every card has a letter on one side and a number on the other? Why would you assume that?

Found out why! I see your problem is that you're following an old experiment and not the one posed above, which never specifies that the cards have a letter on one side and numbers on the other.

Sorry buddy, if you're going to steal answers, make sure it's the same problem.

Don't worry, you're anonymous so you can pretend to be smart in another thread, but for now you'll have to live with getting destroyed by a lawyer, and the other people who got it right.

Can someone prove me wrong or something

You're supposed to know the nature of the game. OP is a faggot. I'm right.

No. OP is a faggot. Like you.

>You fail at life
I'm fucking awesome at life, not like you'd know one way or the other

You, on the other hand, fail at basic logic and it's available for anyone in this thread to plainly see

I can prove that your mom's gaping cunt is due to my giant cock, is that good enough?

But of theres a vowel on the other side there must be a even number on the other side and K is not an even number

No, you fail at life. You're on Sup Forums trying to state how awesome at life you are. That is an automatic fail.

My grasp of logic is so beyond your comprehension I don't care to begin to explain.

Switch 2 for 7

LOL you would only say that if you were a failure and are insecure about it. Everyone's pointing and laughing!

Lawyer signing off.

If its any consolation, if the cards are letter one side, number on the other, the answer is indeed A and 7, as that would make K irrelevant.

Shame that's not a premise of the OP picture though.

Poor lawyer doesn't realize OP is a faggot. LOL

you're just mad that you fail at basic logic