How?

How?

I can understand BvS and X men and warcraft getting absolutely destroyed by critics. They're terrible movies.

But so is this.

How come Disney is the only shitty capeshit consistently getting high scores? There is seriously something going on

Other urls found in this thread:

hypable.com/how-to-write-every-marvel-movie-ever/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How come you're such a faggot?

It's a great movie, and looking at the audience score, people seem to like it.

Fuck off, I don't even have to watch it to know it's the same shit as all the other Marvel movies.

So, a solid 3 out of five?

Marvel makes movies for the masses, that doesn't mean it's better or worse but it's just the taste of critics and normies.

Because Disney pays off reviewers

>inb4 marvelkeks start posting Evans laugh

It's the only movie that made my wife's son smile walking out of the theater. Do you have a family? You sound like a fucking NEET retard.

It was way better than BvS (I haven't seen X-men, so no opinion on that), but yeah, I don't get the high score. I would say a score around 70% would be right. It's a decent movie, but not 90% good.

Marvel makes solid blockbusters with compelling characters (for capeshit). They ain't reinventing the wheel or making arthouse cinema but it works.

Apocalypse and BvS are messes of films that don't even have internal consistency or even entertaining characters.

Except theres been plently of disney shit that has gotten scores in the last 5 years.

Even if Disney spends 5-10 million paying off reviewers that would still be a very minor part of the marketing budget.

Shit like Alice, Tomorrowland, or Pirates all have budgets as big as their capeshit why wouldnt they pay reviewers off for those movies?

It's because 90% doesn't mean it has a score 9/10. It's just means that 90% of the reviewers liked it or found it decent. The real score is 7.6/10, which i find fair. You don't have to make a good movie to get 100%, you need to make a safe movie. If every reviewer gave it 6/10, it would get 100%.

>black people
>white guilt
>thought provoking theme kek
>RDJ vs Chris Evans pretending to be some strong dudes from the nobody cares comics

They're well made for what they are. Marvel movies are just supposed to be safe and fun. No one's going in expecting something unique.

Cause its actually pretty good.

Sorry you feel like you have to be a contrarian faggot to fit in with this board

>same

Shows how much you know

Because if you say it was a bad movie you have to acknowledge the years of movies before this, hours spent watching them, and the time spent waiing for them to come out were all useless. People don't want to realize that, so they say "Oh man, I'm glad everything built up to THIS, I'm so INVESTED in it."

This.

X Men Apoc was actually a really solid movie. I rate it an 8/10 or 7.5

No where near the 49% on RT

Its obvious: any super hero film that isnt Disney is purposely getting shit on.

Suicide Squad is going to get a 23% on RT no doubt.

it was a superhero movie that didn't involve the world coming close to annihilation, that's what i liked about it at least.

Trips of truth.

Something about Civil War was missing. It was ok but not the best super hero movie ever. The Iron Man and Cap fight is exactly like the Batman and Superman fight: too short

Easy answer? It's not going for anything. It's a brand. And these fucks are simple idiots who routinely fall for this mass shit like the good little consumers they are. The minute Disney slapped Marvel on the movie it was a done deal. It's entertainment for suckers. Critics are the biggest of the bunch, esp. nowadays. Pretty much anyone with a blog.

At best

>I would say a score around 70% would be right. It's a decent movie, but not 90% good.
It's not a score. It's an average that 90% of the reviews are positive. If they all are 7/10, that would be 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Do you not understand how rotten tomatoes works?

This is the only marvel film I've ever seen.

I have no idea how it got such high praise. The airport fight was fun mainly because of ant man and spiderman, zemo and crossbones were kind of cool, but the majority of the film was boring trash. Plus it fails on all the little things, terrible camerawork during fights, not great CGI, bad pacing especially during fights, completely forgettable music... so what was good about it?

I mean, people go on about the MARTHA thing in BvS being absurd, but Tony Stark trumped that by a mile.
>kid gets killed in past fight
>feel guilty
>now I'll get NY highschool student to fight in my personal army

>see parents killed by Bucky
>know he was brain washed
>try to kill him anyway
>ask him if he remembers doing it WHILE BASHING HIS FACE IN
How can people defend this crap?

You're not invested in the characters that have been here since 2008, this movie is not for you.

because capeshit is like being 8 again and having your lego darth vader and obi wan fighting while you hum the ep3 score loudly and make lightsaber noises

you get what I'm saying?

>not great CGI,
Any examples of this? The CG in Civil War is astounding.

Spider-Man is not some normal kid you retard

If you've seen the older movies, you'd know how important Tony's parents are to him, he's extremely insecure about them.

I don't think it's a great novie either but I sympathized with Stark in every single scene and sincerely rooted for him in the final fight. Cap was borderline Mary Sue in this movie and everything went his way in the end. I hope half of his rogue Avengers gets killed of in the next film.

>Warcraft
>Terrible

Pick one

You have to be an utter marvelfag to appreciate the very profundity of this pop corn tripe, friendo!

People didn't like John Carter?

RT is not a fucking score. It is a percentage of critics who gave it at least 3/5. Higher percentage does not mean that it would be highly rated, but that it was widely approved. Look at average score or metacritic.

Are you really too stupid to get how vain Tony Stark is? Of course he didn't care about how Bucky was brainwashed, he killed HIS parents. He literally created a VR therapy session about their last talk because he can't let go of it.

If you honestly can't get that, you really shouldn't be critiquing this movie.

this

Warcraft was better than Civil War, though.

That's fine but I'm not 8 and no one on this site is (ideally)

The cars on the highway fight, big ant man, spider man... Off The top of my head.

That doesn't matter, he's manipulating a kid to fight for him. He's being a complete hypocrite.

That's what I figured.

>That's fine but I'm not 8
See the thing is the mainstream american audiences are still mentally 8.

It's not that I couldn't get it that he's self centred you fucking idiot, it's that it's more absurd than the Martha thing in a BvS, yet isn't picked to pieces for. Even though Bruce was shown to be far more irrational and messed up that Tony.

Why does this get a pass and the Martha bit is crucified when this was somehow more retarded.

>I dont have to watch it but I know its shit
DCuck lmao

yeah they paid off all youtube reviewers, all independents, all audience scores. but gee if they can get all of those, how did they miss the negative reviewers? HMMMM

DCuck lmao

Apocalypse is good yes but the critics disagree with you and me. now how on earth does that mean that they are paid off? why would Disney focus on attacking and focusing only on capeshit when their big blockbusters like both Alices, Pirates, John Carter etc ALL get shit on?

DCuck lmao

>it's the only Marvel film I've seen
and thus your fucking opinion has crumbled. what makes these flicks special is the connections you make with characters throughout the movies.

DCuck lmao

>le Civil War thread
>engage shitposting drives
>no reddit accusations this far
I'm impressed.

Spider-Man isn't just some kid, he can fend for himself.

Tony is upset at the collateral damage of the Avengers fighting, and the kid dying as a result of that, not some kid dying.

You took that scene with the mother at face value and misunderstood Tony's guilt.

I liked Civil War but the first use of Redwing, de-aged RDJ when he's just holding with his mouth open as the real RDJ walks out (great in motion and the rest of the time), RDJ's neckline moving around in the Iron Man suit when his head is exposed, and Cap's shield will look great most of the time but putting the 100% cg shield on his arm always looks bad.

RT also has this season of Arrow at 100%. Accuracy for them is a ship that sailed long ago.

Not who you replied to but the CGI was the worst I've seen in any marvel film. Not sure how they can make RDJs head on the iron man suit look so awful this far down the line. Spiderman looked like he was made of rubber, I don't know why the fuck they animated him for no reason.

Stark was just as big of a cunt in this film as he has been in them all. He literally admitted to Cap during the cigar scene that he was only doing it because Pepper had left him, and he thought that signing the Accords would get her to think he's changed. In other words, he was happy to get his friends thrown in jail all so he could get his dick sucked again. Even when he found out Bucky had been framed by someone and was completely innocent, he still went after Bucky and Cap like hey were the bad guys. Stark is a cunt

>The cars on the highway fight, big ant man, spider man... Off The top of my head.
What's wrong with it? The CG is fantastic and I want to know if you actually saw something that was off or if this is just the standard Sup Forums CG hating routine without anything to back it. I know all the shaders are PBR with correct LIDAR and HDR data so everything related to that is perfect. Was it the animation?

You do know the kid dying is the collateral damage right? It was giving a face to that collateral.

>muh connection
What a shitty television series excuse.

>sincerely rooted for him in the final fight
>Cap was borderline Mary Sue in this movie
It's time to stop posting Tony, you're drunk.

I can't wait for Civil War to push Tony into drinking and Iron Man 4 to be the real Demon in a Bottle.

But the kid didn't die fighting.

Peter fighting is not related to Tony's guilt at all.

>What a shitty television series excuse.

look you don't understand the spirit of these movies, they're mean to be like comic books. either learn how they're meant to be watched or stop watching them all together you filthy pleb.

>excuse
thanks for confirming that you don't immerse yourself in a movie, and just want everything to make sense to you quickly.

maybe DC is more your cup of tea. I hear BvS has two iconic heroes fighting because (no reason apparently) and they stop because of their mothers name. sound simple enough, even for you.

But it's not peters fight, he's just being dragged into it because Tony needs more muscle.

>look you don't understand the spirit of these movies, they're mean to be like comic books. either learn how they're meant to be watched or stop watching them all together you filthy pleb.
Jesus Christ is being a marvel fan like being in a cult or something?

>look you don't understand the spirit of these movies, they're mean to be like comic books. either learn how they're meant to be watched or stop watching them all together you filthy pleb.

Stop posting about this movie, you don't understand it because you don't understand what Marvel is attempting to do.

Marvel has their audience, and they know them quite well, that why these movies are so highly rated because people getting to see what they want.

You are on the outside looking in, this movie doesn't pander toward people who watch it out of context, so either get with the program and watch it the way it's meant to be watched or stop watching them completely.

This movie is not made for you and your criticisms are weak and ignorant because of this.

please stop replying to the upset DC fan. their two iconic heroes lost critics (horribly), audience and box office wise (didn't even break 900 million)

why reply to losers if we've already won.

Because they make safe and accesible movies for fans of the comics and average viewers alike. You have to look at it as a product not as a film.

Every 2nd day I see this thread. As someone who doesn't like capeshit. CW was a lot more enjoyable than the other two mentioned. That's the simple fact.

People didn't like Lone Ranger?

Civil War is the better movie but I personally enjoyed Apocalypse more.

I don't understand how anyone could enjoy BvS more though, the movie was a droll mess.

Everyone saw through their bullshit and knew it was just cowboys Pirates of the Caribbean.

>But the kid didn't die fighting.
>Peter fighting is not related to Tony's guilt at all.

I am truly confused by your way of thinking. Stark supposedly felt a massive surge of guilt when the collateral damage had an innocent kid's face attached to it, when he was faced with a grieving mother. He then proceeded to go to an innocent kid's house, meet his aunt/mother figure, snatch him out of school and take him to Germany to fight against the strongest people on Earth.

And you really don't see any contradiction here? At all?

>Why am I not enjoying the 13th movie in a series without having seen parts 1-12?

Gee, I wonder why.

Do you not fucking understand that Peter Parker is not a normal child?

God, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Tony knows Steve or anybody helping him wouldn't try and kill Peter.

He also didn't expect Steve to have a group of people ready to help him fight, he brought Peter along to just catch Steve, he did not expect a fight at all.

He didn't know Ant-Man or Hawkeye would be there, at worst Falcon.

Tony is upset about massive damage to cities and the lives of normal, innocent people. Peter is NOT a normal and innocent person, at his age he's already putting on a shitty costume and fighting crime in New York City.

Tony knows this kid is a fighter and would rather take him under his wing then let him roam free and possible get himself killed.

At least with Steve and the opposing avengers, Tony knows nobody will attempt to kill Peter (not that any of them even could of if they wanted to).

BvS is incoherent mess

X-Men is 50-50 between absolutely great and awful, great setup but shitty finale

Warcraft only panders with the fans making casual viewer confused

Civil War didn't stick with the capeshit formula like every heroes assemble to take down the big bad and giant explosive finale, and it was actually more coherent, balanced and full of great characters IMO

Because Marvel sticks to an established formula that has already been proven successful. It's why their movies are so bland. Unfortunately, their bland movies feature more compelling characters than the nonsense that DC has put out so far, which is a real shame as someone who prefers DC.

its got quips and fun action, audiences prefer that to the snorefest that is BvS

What is this formula again?

>Do you not fucking understand that Peter Parker is not a normal child?
>Tony knows Steve or anybody helping him wouldn't try and kill Peter.

How old are you? No adult thinks like this. I refuse to believe it.

What if the vision hit Peter instead of black robot man? I'm sure Stark thought he wouldn't get hurt either, but here he is fucking paralysed from the waist down. And you act like Peter would be some how immune from harms way. He could have easily went home in a wheelchair. You're an idiot.

Yes CW and Apocalypse were enjoyable enough. I said CW was more enjoyable because myself and the people I know enjoyed it more.

>How old are you? No adult thinks like this. I refuse to believe it.

>What if the vision hit Peter instead of black robot man? I'm sure Stark thought he wouldn't get hurt either, but here he is fucking paralysed from the waist down. And you act like Peter would be some how immune from harms way. He could have easily went home in a wheelchair. You're an idiot.

This the problem with you not having watched the older movies.

You don't understand any of these characters.

Intro the reluctant hero, threat arises, dominates, hero finds a muse, suffers a setback, rises to the threat, and roll credits. That isn't story telling, it is accounting.

t. DCuck

I did emerge my self in the movie, but apparently I have to watch thirteen other movies in order for this one not to suck, according to this guy Why don't you start by explaining how those movies making the way stark acts at the end make any more sense relative to how he acts throughout the rest of the movie?

Neither of you have actually said how im wrong just
>"you don't understand! You don't know what marvel are trying to do! Your civic isms are weak!!""
without actually explain What I don't understand, or what marvel are supposedly trying to do.

As far as I'm aware they are trying to make simple fun movies and for me (and others) they failed. It was simple yet stupid and not very fun, which was boring. By contrast there's been plenty of other series of movies I've had no trouble going straight to a sequel and enjoying.

I also stated that Tony didn't expect a fight at all.

He didn't know Ant-Man or anyone else would be there.

Vision was also on Spider-Man's side.

Oh, the movies you like are beyond basic narrative structure. I thought you meant there was a Marvel specific formula.

Welp, can't argue with shitposting. Have a good night user.

Because Disney movies pander to the audience, and are totally inoffensive... and use humor to disarm critics(ism).

hypable.com/how-to-write-every-marvel-movie-ever/

>waah I don't like what you said you're shitposting
Lets look at it from other perspective shall we?
Phase 1 was all origin stories
Phase 2 they all had romance difficulties, tried to strike it out solo and ultimately settled on a status quo
Not to mention that every movie has a "strong, independent" but ultimately helpless female, or the fact that they used infinity stones as MacGuffins three separate times, or that there have been FIVE fake-out death sequences, or that every movie ends in a CGI-heavy climax with a bunch of explosions
You know there just might be a formula...

Don't understand this meme. Compelling characters? At this point isn't it obvious theyre almost all scumbags... Basically.

Ironman, Cap, Antman, Bucky...

What's ironic about the MCU is that Thor and Hulk/Banner are the most heroic and sympathetic and the least popular among GP.

Watch marvel "fanboys" yawn at Thor Ragnarok cause theyre not quippy enough or a big enough douchebag like Stark.. Or flag waving muppet like Cap.

Educate yourself fagget and explore the marvel universe for a change.

>How come Disney is the only shitty capeshit consistently getting high scores?

I know this is going to be difficult for you to accept, but I'll try.

Those other moves got bad reviews, because they ARE bad.

Civil War got good reviews, because it IS good.

wait so having girls, MacGuffins, fake-outs and action packed climaxes are bad

Because they are still mostly self contained and small franchises where bad installments aren't a huge blow.

Marvel like Star Wars are their tent pole films and they will be churning out 3-4 a year of films connected to each other. They can't afford to have an "episode" of such a massive and long running investment be seen as "rotten"

Disney owns everything. Obviously they get good reviews by default. Don't bite the hand that feeds

You ever reached for a glass of what you thought was a mixed drink but it was actually just a regular soda and your taste buds freaked out because they were expecting something other than what you got?

It's like that.

We have been inundated with Disneyfied™ live-action cartoons for so long, that we've come to expect that exact thing on every outing. Not even critics are immune to such prejudices, and that's a sad, sad thing. It's not that I'm saying the MCU is a bad thing, per se, just that the cultural acclimation it has caused is detrimental to anyone who attempts to deviate at all from what audiences are expecting, and worse, what studio executives think we expect.

Well it obviously isn't that bad. A movie doesn't have to be exceptionally good to not be bad.

>People didn't like John Carter?

Too fucking different from the books.
Dejah Thoris wasn't nearly naked enough nor was she an 11/10. Hollywood couldn't even bother to make the most beautiful woman on Mars the most beautiful woman on fucking Mars.
And the Red martians weren't nearly reddish/bronze enough. They were basically all White people with tans, when the only White skinned people on Mars are John Carter, his children with Dejah, and the Holy Therns.
And the Green martians weren't menacing enough. They were skinny, scrawny ass little Shrek aliens, when they should have been four armed space hulk bug-bears.

This.
I gotta laugh whenever people argue that certain films aren't "original" and people want quality films that feel fresh.

The general public wants mindless pap that is churned out on an assembly line and is infused with humor. They want the same old same old over and over again.

I could live with that... If the majority of film "critics" didn't also succumb to such a line of thinking.

This has the Avengers fighting each other and not some generic villain, so it's not the same shit you ignorant dingus.