I'm looking for films that start as one thing, and become another

I'm looking for films that start as one thing, and become another.

Perhaps a gangster road movie that becomes a locked-in vampire horror (pic). Something that changes genre or story dramatically.

No spoilers though.

Other urls found in this thread:

looper.com/2820/movies-completely-changed-halfway/
whatculture.com/film/10-movies-that-made-shocking-genre-shifts-halfway-through?page=11
imdb.com/title/tt0118350/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/40642811/#40652343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looper.com/2820/movies-completely-changed-halfway/

That website is cancer, pls do not link it

Starts out as a typical Marvel original story then turns into a sci-fi heist-movie with an emphasis on comedy.

whatculture.com/film/10-movies-that-made-shocking-genre-shifts-halfway-through?page=11

Underrated post.

>piece of shit main character gets away Scott free after getting a family killed

A lot of Dean Kuntz books do this shit.

the matrix

From Dusk Til Dawn is pure kino until the fucking vampires show up. Then it becomes absolute shit. If you haven't seen it in a while, go back and watch the first third or so and check out how good it is compared to the rest.

I've only read the one about the heavy rainstorm. A mate of mine says after he found Jesus his books went to shit.

That reminds me, me and some mates got high a few weekends back, and were talking about how the Wachowskis really set the bar for CGI with The Matrix, and even now they're still visual geniuses, but these days CGI is so good that everyone uses it and it's like "yeah okay.."

What if the Wachowskis (or anyone really) released a film that was just a normal rom-com with no special effects. It was a decent film, story and drama was fine, solid 7/10. And then about a month or so after release they were like "That was completely CG. You just watched an effects blockbuster." Does anyone else indulge in meta/intertextual stuff when stoned?

Starts out good, then becomes shit

old Sup Forums would've had 4 mentions of Sunshine by now

>hard sci-fi turns to supernatural slasher

Disappointing.

>he didn't understand snowpiercer

Movie starts out as a suspenseful mystery /thriller devolves into macguffin strunk wimin action.

>he thinks there's anything to understand in snowpiercer aside from the surface level muh lower class

I enjoyed it up until the last 5min. I used to bitch about how Cube ended, and found myself wishing this had've ended the same way.

Maybe you can shed some light on why they escape from the train in the direction that they did

I started watching it on Netflix because Sup Forums told me it was good. Made it about half an hour in before turning it off.

AUDITION (1999)

Starship Troopers

Why is he holding on to the bullet holder like this?

Because all that rail shit on the hand guard isn't comfy.

Sunshine

pls stop

I skipped the intro scene to dog soldiers and showed the film to a friend and he loved me afterwards.

John Hillcoat's Lawless does a really good job of switching between being an ultraviolent gangster movie and a two-threaded romantic drama.

THIS

The hardest 180 I have ever seen in a movie.

If you haven't it, watch it. Really wonderful movie.

Predator. arnold schwarzenegger

DUDE WEED LMAO

Pic related for sure. Not to mention, it's a great fucking movie.

Weed does affect films a lot. I find you pick up every little plot hole, vfx look absolutely terrible, and you're super-aware that they're actors on a set.

It's pretty fun, don't be judgemental.

someone watches every frames a painting

You pathetic loser. I don't need drugs or friends to have fun.

Aw

typical kike propaganda that pulls all the strings of manipulative MUH FEELS schmaltz.
Schindler's List/10 dreck.

Totally polarising film (I loved it). Switches genres with every chapter. I kinda describe this film as "big"

>starts off as psychological/survival horror
>ends up as a shitty slasher
Never have I been more disappointed by a movie in my life.

For you

fuck you you fucking faggot.

He's half right. The second half isn't shit but it's certainly a drop off

imdb.com/title/tt0118350/

Remember Me

There's an essential chart out there with films "split into two halves":
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/40642811/#40652343
I don't have it though :/

Fmj
Lost highway
Psycho
????
Rambo?
Evil dead 2
???
Predator?
Fdtd
???
???
Death proof
???
??
??
??

Goes 0 to 100 real fuckin quick

This one.

main character's motivation didn't make any fucking sense

Never heard of them, but to any educated observer it should be pretty clear why their ultimate escape is not by continuing towards the front of the train

Full metal jacket

I feel like this movie didn't know what it wanted to be.

Can confirm. Don't want to say anything else other than it is incredible. Stylish, throwbackkino.

Also, The Guest is another great example.