twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh my god

TO SHOW OR TO

BE SHOWN IS A QUESTION NEVER

NOW IF I

kanye aint down to earth anymore

BLEACH MY ASSHOLE

BITCH THIS AINT CHIPOTLE

WAKE UP MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST MR WEST

okay okay okay okay OKAY okay

SOME DAYS I'M IN MY YEEZYS SOME DAYS I'M IN MY VANS

ROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEYROMEY

I'M UP IN THE WOOOOODS

YEAH I FUCK MY BITCH IN THE FRIDGE

AFTER THAT GIVE HER SUMMER SAUSAGE

BITCH IM BACK OUT MY COMMA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

okay

21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAAAANNNN

okay

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THESE DIGITS

WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG WANNA HANG WANNA BANG WANNA SLANG

SASQUATCH GODZILLA KING KONG LOCH NESS GOBLIN GHOUL A ZOMBIE WITH NO CONSCIENCE

WHAT DO ALL THESE THINGS HAVE IN COMMON?

OKAY

They belong to the worst verse on the album

jayz is a hack

DAS TRU

Yeah sucks that Kanye insists on letting him butcher his songs. Never Let Me Down goes down as one of the shittiest guest verses of all time twice.

YEEZY TAUGHT ME

I don't know, I think they're both good, I mean, the first verse has decent internal rhyming when he talks about the rovers, which is a nice metaphor for the rise and fall of hip-hop artists, and when he talks about his persona not being an image, and the second verse shows decent internal rhyming when he talks about his albums, the "built the ROC from a pebble, peddled rock before I met you" is a great play on words, and the second verse has religious comparisons that tie into the gospel-themed production and faith-related subject matter. And both verses have Jay-Z addressing the title in a different way: he's back, better than ever, and he's not gonna let the rap game down now that he's on top.

I might as well throw in what I think a shitty guest verse from a prominent artist actually looks like:

Standin' on the corner straight slangin' rocks
Aw shit! Here comes the muthafuckin' cops!
So I dash, I ducks, and I hides behind a tree
Makin' sure the motherfuckers don't see me
Now my fat sack of rocks hell yeah I stuffed 'em
Police on my drawers, I had to pause
And yeah, it's still muthafuck 'em
Now my game is tight, tight as fuck is my game
Eazy-Motherfucking-E or Eric Wright it's all the same
Now niggas might trip on how I stacks my grip
I got to have it bitch
For the love of this shit
MOTHERFUCKER!!

Does he have a trampoline on stage

I'll have to disagree with you. I don't think there's anything particularly remarkable on a technical level about either verses. Atleast not enough to justify the shitty writing. I mean Kanye and Jay Ivy have these emotional, honest and uplifting verses about life and then Jay-Z is just talking about the same old shit he always does except these verses sound extra corny. The second verse is specially bad because it comes after Kanye and Jay Ivy's verses and the contrast in quality is stark. Plus that attempt to tie in the verse to the general over arching theme on the second is so half assed and just straight corny that my friends and I used to burst out laughing whenever that part came on.

Who else. you know. been hot. this long?

It's ridiculous

SHE SAID YE CAN WE GET MARRIED AT THE MAAAAWLLL

I mean, Jay-Z brings up his own life in his verses as well; he succinctly brings up his come-up in both verses as well as his current state as a rap mogul because of how successful he is, sure, he talks about these things all the time, but even so, to give praise to Kanye and J.Ivy for talking about their lives and not Jay when he talks about his seems inconsistent to me. Also, I think "emotional, honest, and uplifting" are difficult adjectives to use when describing the merit of one verse to another because two of these are subjective, and "honest" is difficult to prove concretely. Personally, I find the classic streets-to-riches story Jay brings up emotional, honest, and uplifting, and I feel that his flow and energy, aided by the shouting in the second verse, keep up the energy after Kanye's and J.Ivy's verses.

"Corny" is another adjective I find dodgy when describing a verse because it also focuses on a subjective emotional quality of a particular piece of writing rather than the technical aspect, which is really all we have when determining the merit of a particular verse.

"Half-assed" is the same, I feel that it is more associated with perceived effort rather than technical merit, and therefore it is another difficult-to-use adjective when describing a verse.

Your claims that the verse doesn't have remarkable technical merit and the abrupt transition between J.Ivy's and Jay-Z's second verse are legitimate complaints, though personally, I have to disagree on both, I feel that the verses do add another facet to the song, and should stay.

I AM TIRED OF GOOOIIING IN
I JUST WANNA SMOKE HEROOOIN

youtube.com/watch?v=T68lEeFZs04

BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS BITCH THIS AIN'T CHIPOTLE

NEVER KNOWN NOT EVEN BY MANY TO EXIST

NOW LISTEN

STANDING

OGGIT

OGGIT

SIGGIT

YEEEAH

MAYONNAISE COLORED BENZ I PUSH MIRACLE WHIPS

YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU A TESTIMONY ABOUT MY LIFE

OH I'M CRYING NOW

I believe at some point while discussing art you have to accept that there are certain vague, so called subjective areas that need to be addressed. We can't really discuss the verses completely focusing solely on its technical aspects. The subject matter and its emotional weight need to be addressed however subjective those are. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Jay-Z's verse comes across as less sincere or sophisticated compared to Kanye or Ivy's. His verses are just goofy.

Jay-Ivy

>When these words are found let it be known that God's penmanship has been signed in a language called love that's why my breath is felt by the deaf and why my words are heard and confined to the ears of the blind. I too dream in colour and in rhyme. So I guess I'm one of a kind and a full house because whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth a touch of God rings out.

Jay-Z immediately after:

>Number one albums what I got like four of em? More of em on the way the 8th wonder on the way clear the way I'm hear to stay y'all can save the chitter chat this and that this and jay dissing jay will get you maced! (then in a heavy handed attempt lacking any subtlety he tries to tie it in to the theme) when I start spitting these lyrics niggers get very religious etc

That's why I said, or I guess implied, that the abrupt transition between the subject matters of the two verses you brought up is a problem, with that said, I still think the issue lies with the ordering of the verses rather than the actual verses themselves; I think that the song ends on a dodgy note, since I agree with you on that Kanye's and J.Ivy's verses are better.

Nevertheless, I still believe in the sincerity of what Jay is saying; he was hot for a very long time, even before Reasonable Doubt, he really did have that many albums debut at #1, and he was indeed successful after that, all his subsequent albums debuted at #1 as well, so it was a boast he was able to make good on, he really is able to "mace" someone who disses him, on a track at least, if the success of "Takeover" is anything to go by, plus bringing up Ma$e is rather clever in terms of segueing into his religious tie-ins to me because of how Ma$e left the game, and his friend actually did end up macing R.Kelly who apparently was having issues with Jay at the time. The namedropping of Catholic religious elements isn't meant to tie into the theme; as I said before, it ties into the gospel-influenced sound of the instrumental, and Kanye does the same. "Never Let Me Down" isn't explicitly about faith, it's about what each of these three guys get down for, and each guy throws down religious references to help make their point. Kanye gets down for his grandfather and Mr. Rainey, J.Ivy gets down and is thankful for God, and Jay gets down for the rap game, he brought up what he brought up in order to imply that he hasn't disappointed before, and he won't disappoint when he gets down again, and, in sales at least, he never has.

Sophistication is another matter entirely, but I still think Jay is completely sincere in what he's saying. It all comes down to order for me on why the track has a problem, since Jay is a rapper and J.Ivy is a full-time poet, and the rapper is gonna be overshadowed.

And though Jay's religious metaphors admittedly aren't very complex, they still tie into what he wants to say about himself and connect his verse to the others in a way you don't really expect when religious references are brought up, especially on this album, and at least to me, that's interesting. It's the character conflict that's all over the College Dropout, the faith, the benevolence, and the arrogant ego clashing together in the same person while he's coming up, and to me, the way Jay uses the religious references embodies that: he brings up religious metaphors to help explain his prominence and indulge his ego, while paraphrasing his own come-up, help convey that album-wide clash in character.

PISS ON MY GRAVE
PISS ON MY GRAVE
PISS ON MY GRAVE
PISS ON MY GRAVE
PISS ON MY GRAVE