I want to become a sniper

I want to become a sniper
I'm thinking of joining the rifles (British army regiment)
And after two years become a sniper
I know you have to piss and shit yourself and lay for hours without shooting anything but I don't care it's my dream
Any advice on this front Sup Forums?

Give up on your dreams. You're not good enough to make it anyway

...do it?

Be a builder instead, I wasn't allowed to join the army, now I rock up at work at 10am do fuck all then fuck off for dinner, do a little work and leave at 4, also I drive around in a white van sexually harassing women

Oh I also don't work weekends or any holidays

Not sure you would have the nerve if you can't even handle your sphincters. Snipers don't shit and piss themselves, they just don't eat and drink like mofos.

You don't just be a sniper after two years mate
You gotta do the course that separates you from 90% of the rest, even then you have to pass selection for it, join army then see how your career goes first
....fuckin boot

do it OP.

but first get really good on your own so you can show off at training. be like "i got this sarrrrge" and empty a mag into the CO's coffee cup.

that's sure to impress them enough to give you the chance.

Practice a lot. Piss and shit yourself in as many different scenarios, situations, and positions as you can think of, several times a day, until you become an absolute pro.

Can confirm

sniper here.
do it, it's more like a videogame than they try to make you think.
first all the math bullshit is... bullshit
second you get to kill way way way more people than you think
very well payed

I have to agree with this user. Getting used to the initial embarasment of soiling yourself is very important. If you can't withstand being in public covered in exrement you don't have what it takes soldier

just start by pissing and shitting yourself now regularly so you can practice for when you become chris kyle mode

that way you'll know if it's for you, just spend a few weeks in your own piss and shit

Only retards become snipers. Instead you should pick something that's actually useful to society.

Fighter pilots become airline pilots.
Medics become EMTs/doctors.
Army engineers become civilian engineers. Same with mechanics.

Snipers become unemployed.

Do you really want it though? Like really really? Are you fucking sure? You're willing to waste two years of your life so Some Rich bastard can sign you off saying you're allowed to shoot under command? I say fuck that, Buy a rifle, go to some strange country and shoot away, you'll learn you don't like it very soon....

The reg will identify sniper quality from the moment you begin shooting so don't take their, 2 years bollocks, you rather have the qualities or you don't for the army.

2paraCcoy2Plt here

Where are you based?

Kill yourself.

buy some diapers

1) You have to be a calm and stable person, who can handle the psychological pressure of being a sniper. The killing is a lot more personal than elsewhere and you can get send to very hostile environments.
2) You have to be above average intelligence and independent. You will be your own leader for a lot of time, you have to make quick decisions and there's plenty of science behind every shot.
3) You have to be physically fit to be able to shoot accurately, carry your stuff and move to and from your area of operation.
The more I think about it, you can't really train to become suitable for sniper training. You can shoot, run, go to the gym and do math as much as you want and can but the right personality and character traits can't be learned.

That's not true at all.

kek

Your right user, currently going through prep for my program and its all type a personalities, all alpha males that are willing to eat each other alive, good luck though op, put out and dont quit

Reality doesnt work "I want to be.."
Also pissing and shitting yourself doesnt improve your skills. The only reliable way to go forward is trying out and quickly find what you're really good in.

I wanted to be a gansta mafia squad leader. Instead I ended up working in R&D. FML

American Sniper film confirms this

This

snipers become very highly sought after and well payed assassins.
I should know

Over here snipers were the quiet guys, who didn't seem alpha at all but in the field they were amazing.

Didn't have the eyes or shooting scores to be a sniper, not that i wanted to anyway.

Just play battlefield like me faget.

Assassins? Are you 13 years old?
>I should know
Yes, 13 years old sounds about right.

An ex-sniper could get a job with a PMC, maybe. But that's it.

I can see that, i dont know what that program consists of in its pipeline or people that go into it
Thats just how it is here in this pipeline, for spec war.
Given also this is american military

Finnish Border Guard here.

Thx dad

Shooting is 1% of being a sniper; it's far from the most important part. Look at some of the documentaries about snipers through history, particularly Vietnam, where the modern sniper was born.

Carlos Hathcock, for example, spent 3 days crawling across 1,500 yards only to take one shot, killing a high ranking NVA officer. During his crawl, he was almost stepped on.

You guys go into any theatres/fronts?

Some guys go to peacekeeping operations but we're mainly in reserve waiting for Russian invasion and WW3.

Haha thats sick, good luck man if that pops off, itll be a shit show, you have a specialty?

Specialty as in what's my job?

Any non-Americans here joined the US army/marines/whatever? How'd you do it? Was it tricky?

>I want to become a rapper
>I'm thinking of joining the NWA (some rap group idk)
>And after two years become a rap god (tm)
>I know you have to piss and shit yourself and lay for hours without saying anything but yo over and over again but I don't care it's my dream
>Any advice on this front Sup Forums?

>almost stepped on
HOLY SHIT A DEER ALMOST STEPPED ON HIM SO DANGEROIS
what, did he start at base camp and his buddy tripped while getting coffee?

You need to be at least18 years of age to use this site

No, it means an enemy guard almost stepped on him while on patrol.

So he was almost shot on sight.

Join the Grenadier guards. They have a sniper Platoon I think.

This is the fakest answer in the thread.

Captain Obvious.

Good luck reaching a goal many current soldiers still aren't able to reach.

payed payed payed payed payed

Do yourself and society a favor: If you wish to have a military career, become a marine biologist, they contribute a lot to science, and get paid real good. But prepare for the education though.