Musicbee >>>>>>>>>>> Foobar

>Built in last.fm scrobbler
>Plays all audio files
>More customization
>Faster
>Can tag music by mood and occasion
>Tabs
>Built in soundcloud player
>Auto shutdown system (if you wanna fall asleep to an album)
>More precise tags
>Radio
>Upcoming releases page
>Automatic Mono converter
>Audio file coverter
>Equalizer
>Stereo enhancer
>Searches the internet for covers if you dont have one for an album
>Cozier
>RECOMMENDATIONS
>Better sorting system
>Artist photos
>Buffer size
>Changable audio output
>CD Ripper
>CD Burner
>Auto DJ
>Panels
>Inbox
>LYRICS TAB

foobar is good, but its hard to compete with musicbee. if musicbee changed their name and icon i feel like people would treat it better than foobar

I use both
MusicBee to automatically organise my music folder
Foobar for the rest

If Foobar can do the organising, can someone please explain me how

I'd choose MusicBee if it did have a better remote app though

Wow Musicbee looks cool.

I remember back when I switched from itunes to foobar, though, Sup Forums was all like "just switch dude it's fucking simple," and setting up foobar and getting everything right ended up taking a whole Saturday, and for a day or two my whole library was all fucked up with incorrect tags and lost album art.

Am I in for a similar kind of experience if I switch to MusicBee? You know, browsing themes, learning the interface, reading forums, messing with the code and accidentally screwing the whole thing up, etc.?

itunes & stop being an edgy cunt

>auto dj
disgusting

both are fine, but Musicbee feels slow and bloated to me and kept getting random errors on startup and crashing. oh, and its syncing function is hot garbage that crashes half the time too. recently got sick of it and switched to Foobar with a premade theme since I couldn't be assed to mess with it myself and so far it feels way better.
iTunes is fucking awful

I like foobar because I can have a minimalist setup.

>iTunes
>Automatically searches the internet for cover art

>Foobar and MusicBee
>Have to add every cover manually

>Auto shutdown system (if you wanna fall asleep to an album)
Thanks, I had no idea! I've been putting my pc into power saving mode before going to sleep for years so it goes into standby eventually.... I didn't know you can make it shut off

Foobar because it doesnt have all the bloatware mentioned in this post.

yeah man, you can set your computer to sleep, log off or shut down as soon as an album or playlist is finished. such a great mechanic, i use it constantly

to use it click Musicbee > File > Auto Shutdown

not to mention it can be added with plugins if you want it anyway

you can disable all of these features, and even with all the plugins enabled it dosent bloat the program in any way

not at all, musicbee wont do that. foobar fucked up my library too, just make the switch man

are there any good alternatives on linux?

This

>Lana Del Rey

>Green Album Weezer

tf is wrong with you?

literally who fucking cares I can't remember the last time i looked at my music player for anything other than searching songs on my drive

take this shit to g

Windows Media Player

>right click
>search internet for album art
>pick one of 5 pics displayed
oh my, that's a lot of work

musicbee for me, but i would switch to foobar2k when i get how to into customization.
i've got one question for foobarfags: I have a lot of genres as seen on pic related. Is there a way to folder up these in foobar (like into rock= hard rock, post-rock; ambient= dark ambient; ambient techno and so on) to save up some space and allow easier searching?

Anyone know how to sort by recently added on Musicbee?

But some old albums that i had appears first, the Tony Molina's album should be the first one.

i dunno honestly.
maybe you've got some shit on in the 'group by' setting in the same window

oh well, anyway thanks for the help

Musicbee because I grew out of ricing and Musicbee just works

>foobar
>save cover once into folder

>itunes
>actually embeds the 1.5mb image into each track

Cantanta. Its UI is pretty slick and I prefer the mpd model of music player over anything else.

It has lastfm integration, automatic album cover downloading, stream/webradio playback and through mpd has other features such as streaming audio to networks. The mpd server can be controlled with a mobile app (so with the streams, I can stream audio to an rpi downstairs from my desktop, controlled by a mobile phone)

i used to use winamp but decided to use foobar because winamp couldnt keep up with the amount of music i had and would glitch out regularly
took me abour half a day to make my customization and i love it, lets me find what i want easy

haven't tried musicbee, foobar does what it needs to though.

this

how the fuck is musicbee more customizable than foobar?

>mfw I just use Spotify for 99% of my music
>mfw I literally only use foobar2000 for one album (ItCotCK) and don't have to worry about anything else
>mfw watching these petty squabbles

>getting cucked out of music at any time
wew lad

>mfw I literally only use foobar2000 for one album (ItCotCK)

Sorry, Fripp, didn't want to drop $20 to listen to your crusty "dude empty noodling for 9 minutes lmao" Angloprog.

>Spotify

You need to listen to more music.
I ditched Spotify in favour of Musicbee when i had like 50 playlists for albums that weren't on spotify.

Name FIVE (5) (fuenf) (V) ESSENTIAL albums not on Spotify without resorting to turbohipster bullshit like ItCotCK

>when youre a retarded plebeian who thinks he has an opinion worth giving a shit about and posts smug frog faces

No need to be so hard on yourself.

Both are crap.

that doesnt even make sense, stop replying

>itcotck
>turbohipster
But itcotck is one of the most accesible Sup Forumscore albums and classic dadprog.
Do you only listen to top 40 and entry level Sup Forumscore?

(You) first.

Musicbee searches the internet for cover art too bud

I see that they added a bunch of stuff, but still:
Boris - Flood
Tool - Lateralus
Codeine - Frigid Stars
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Geath Grips - Exmilitary
Joanna Newsom - Divers
Fishmans - Long Season
Midori - Aratememashite something something
any King Crimson album

and that's just the essential sub Sup Forumscore shit

Lemme guess, that 1959 album is Kind of Blue.