So, it's been a year Sup Forums.

Can we all politely agree now that:

>we can see where the whole feminism shitfest came from but was overstated
>action and world building was spectacular
>the screenplay and message sucked major dicks and was quite hamfisted
>academy can go fuck itself

7.5/10 for me tbqh

Top film son.

Not as good as the Road Warrior obviously but better than the first one.

The dialogue was atrocious.

Exactly my thoughts user like literally exactly, word for word.

i love the first one though: it's bleak and cynical as fuck.

but yeah can't really be compared to the others. it's basically a different kind of movie altogether

it was boring

I found it boring.

I disagree. It was boring.

I remember the disappointment of being on the edge of my seat for the whole first half of the movie, screaming like a queer kid for the adrenaline rush, only to slowly realize where the plot was going.

Couldn't really enjoy the second chase. I was only thinking: "jesus christ it's elysium all over again"

It was pretty good, just further confirmed to me to pay no attention to Sup Forumss opinions when it comes to controversy, because no one here leaves their basements and has to much spare time to over dissect everything.

I rate it a 3,346/10

It sucked mayor cocks

We had a SW to show us what truly feministic character is, and how much she can fuck a movie up.

It was good but deserved to bomb for pandering to feminists.

Always been a fan of the Mad Max movies, so when Fury Road was announced and released I was over the moon, ofcourse I went to see it and loved it.

I have found that after repeat views, it loses a bit of the impact it had for me at first and it had a few things that felt like they had changed completely.

The interceptor getting wrecked so early on was a sin though I can understand why as max was being chased by many cars with weapons, in as good condotion as can be...whereas the interceptor had a rear tire packed with rubbish, was battered and poorly maintained, probably not running as it should have been hence getting taken out so easily, wasn't too bothered by it in the end.

The character of Max, felt like he had regressed a bit, over the course of the first three movies, he had lost and regained his humanity.

Fury Road seemed to turn his madness into ptsd, with flashbacks and whatnot, whereas I always took "Mad" Max as his inner turmoil...for example, in the Road Warrior, when Papagallo is confronting max, saying he's a maggot living off the corpse of the old world, and when he strikes the nerve with the comment on losing some family and Max punches him, you can see Max is hurting inside still, he hasn't moved on fully.

I think I enjoy Fury Road but ultimately, the Road Warrior is the better movie of the pair in all aspects, the original is a great movie too with what it achieved on its budget.

Fury Road to me seemed more like a cartoon, over the top, whereas Road Warrior felt a bit more grounded.

What I love about the original trilogy is that Max carries all his injuries across with him, he's not invulnerable, he's been shot in the leg and still has his leg brace, he's had his arm ran over, he's been forced off the road in a massive crash, he's been shot in the leg with an arrow, he's been in a tanker crash, he's been in so many accidents but they've all left a mark on him whereas in Fury Road, he never really seems in danger.

Three thousand and something's out of ten?

Autism

no. 3 coma 346 out of 10

Nice blog

It was a bad movie and everyone knows it,the only way it got parse here was advertisers and contrarians(teens).
Once the initial shitposting ended people started to come out and say the truth.

predominantly american website, dude. it's periods for decimals here.

Fun fact is that some feminist also bashed it for not being feminist enough.

Basically, everybody's ultimately unhappy.

Millennials and critics were drunk on adrenaline and rated it 100/10 for months, like every other piece of shit movie that shakes them a bit from their boring monotone life. Until the next one, which is going to be THE BEST MOVIE EVER again.

I'm sure the rest of the world is to blame

I think its more retarded to to use comas

> to to

almost

I thought it was a pretty worthy addition to the series and a solid version of Mad Mad 2 for modern audiences.

I like it better than Thunderdome for sure, and thats saying a lot for a reboot

> Mad mad

almost

Still one of the most well-crafted films I've seen over the last 5 years.

It wasn't trying to be anything other than an adrenaline filled chase film.

It just did everything so well it got an extremely high level of praise and regardless of deserving that it became a victim of high expectations.

As an Australian I couldn't be more pleased that this is our highest grossing film.

I think it's the 246th highest grossing film of all time. Compared to America that sucks, but hey, their highest grossing is fucking Avatar. Fuck that! Besides, not every country can claim to have a film in that top 250.

The feminism was AOK in my books. We're going through a period where there's this big injection when it comes to feminist/racial issues/sexuality, so loads of films can seem disingenuous when they force stuff in. who you gonna call

It's annoying, and sometimes even a film that tries to be genuine in terms of representation of sexuality/what-have-you can seem forced in this era. It happens. Ride it out, folks. It'll be over soon.

For a feminist plot, I think it was a very realistic way to go - it's totally a legitimate issue in post-apocalyptic fiction, re: the breeders. Fits right in.

As for hamfisted, come on, dude. Everything in Mad Max is a little hamfisted. It's about crazy Aussies with crazy cars.

Have you only seen one film, in the last 5 years?

Solid 9/10 for me.

There's only a line or two that were too feminist4me and the pacing in the third act was a little slow but it is by a country mile the most enjoyable theater experience I've ever had.

I probably enjoyed my second viewing more than any other movie I've seen in the cinema.

ITT: Normie movies

By literal definition the people who shit on this are the contrarians. Edgelords on Sup Forums like yourself are literally the only people I see with anything negative to say, everyone else from normies to critics didn't just like it they busted loads over it.

wow i did it twice i must be tired

Bigot.
;^)

Perfect board to discuss it then since this place is nonstop capeshit, GOT, and shitposting.

Sadly, no. I've seen plenty. Film is stagnating as a medium. I wouldn't put Fury Road anywhere on the best films I've ever seen. But it's easily in the best of the last 5 years.

Idunno Fury Road would be one of the best examples for a normie movie.

Next to Transformers and TMNT.

>literal definition
You don't understand what you are saying let alone understand why the movie is garbage.

I like to tihnk of it as pointing out why Fury road was good, but road Warrior is still a better film in all ways.

I really liked Fury Road but its easy to see why some people may not like a 2 hour car chase in the desert. Especially if some people are watching 720p on laptops

I think the feminist thing is a bit overblown. Its there but I thought Furiosa and the brides as plotpoint worked fine in the universe. The only over the top feminist elements were the motorcycle grannies and they all got fucked up.

>one of the most well-crafted films
>being this retarded

Spotted the yank.

Furbies. Good times.

People actually enjoyed the first Mad Max?

I found it bizarre.

>be intelligent feminist college professor
>come to /tv to study human attitudes
>people here think taking a bunch of garbage into a desert, lighting it on fire while pretending to die in various edgy ways and filming it is considered a meaningful human entertainment experience.
>don't even get me going on Furiosa, the lesbian scapegoat who is pseudo-sexualized.

this is the man-baby desire to take a bunch of toy cars and smash them, but it's grown white males doing this and using a strong independent woman as shield. hurrrrrrrggggg

What do you mean?

The plot was very thin. Of all the MM movies, it's the one with the less story. But it did make up for it with worldbuilding. I loved the guys on stilts in the swamp bit, for example. Short scene, but very awesome.

I watched Mad Max 1 after watching the other three first and I still really liked it.

Its a prime example of the indie exploitation car movies of the 60s and 70s. It doesn't have the same post-apocalyptic elements as the others but its a great Bmovie. Id even say it has a nice grounded charm that none of the others have

It really is. First time I watched it I didn't find it particularly memorable.

I watched it again after some years and holy shit it fucking clicked all the right buttons. It's grim and relentless.

First half of the movie is a 9 thanks to the chase scenes, music and pacing. I havent had a movie grab be by the balls like in years.

The second half is a 7 cause of the anti-climax and the final chase where the protagonists got a tad too much plot armor.

Anyone who doesnt like the movie is a pleb who doesnt appreciate god-tier action.

>it's another Sup Forums contrarians thread

if Sup Forums hates a movie. you know its good.

Fembuster is going to be GREEEAT!

>hate

spotted the butthurt "that's not a 10/10" millennial

Why are all the sensible posts always the ones that are ignored?

On the off chance you're not just shitposting, how do you feel about the assertion the feminist objection to "sexualization/objectification" has nothing to do with oppression or dehumanization, but is a rationalization of an instinctual feeling of inadequacy upon seeing a more attractive woman?

There is a very obvious and cringey feminist pandering just as cringey as the end quote

But just discard that shit and watch it as an action flick

sensible posts usually don't have much to respond to.

>get around to watching it
>Max has more screen time then Furiosa, overpowers her in a fight, does more to keep the group running
>end of the film Max has surface wounds and Furiosa has internal bleeding and a punctured lung
Furiosa is the good kind of strong woman and I like her but this praise seems forced desu

It's a Mad Max movie, all I cared about was the raw action and it delivered.
I don't care for the whole argument about feminism blah blah, it was cool as fuck and that's all it needed to be.
8.5/10

A legitimate problem with furiosa is how many allowances were made for the character in-universe. She apparently tried to escape and stole shit multiple times in the process, yet she was trusted to be the highest ranked member of the convoy.

I enjoyed it greatly and watched it at least 9 times, the only meh part to me was Charlize Theron (only because she didn't attempt to sound like an aussie at all and was overall the weakest actor in the movie), but otherwise I think it's fantastic.
Easily my favorite movie of the past couple years and I'm looking forward to the next one.

The feminist shit is so overblown. On the surface it has stupid feminist girl power messaging, but it's all subverted by females constantly getting btfo and having men do all the key stuff to save them. Without mad and nux those bitches would still be joe's fucktoys. Aside from furiosa all the women were pathetic, weak, and stupid. Even the old desert hags from furiosa's old tribe were nothing more than cannon fodder when they went up against superior male strength.

wow, what an original rebuttal. Would you care to give us some more?

I think it shows Immortan's arrogance more than anything else.

>le akshun
>le worldbuilding

You fucking retards have no idea what a movie even is. You just make up the most arbitrary, plebeian criteria and sit in a little circle jerk with other plebs. Holy fucking shit.

Fury Road was good and it has nothing to fucking do with that pathetic shit.

It was really cool how any time a male died, it was no big deal, but any time a woman was so much as injured, the movie basically stopped and had a moment of silence/drama (and slow-mo) for them.

>but it's all subverted by females constantly getting btfo and having men do all the key stuff to save them.
Fucking this, they even have a pregnant chick getting run over by a monster truck and that tribe of old women nearly getting wiped out.

That granny with the plants was based.

>Max holds about 6 women at gun point while they're spraying themselves with water
>spends the whole movie with a harem
>feminism
Come on, I know the argument stems entirely from Furiosa and the many mothers, but Max takes control of the whole situation by force and leads them through the entire movie.
Honestly felt like the most testosterone filled movie released since 300, feminism didn't come in to my mind the entire time I was watching it.

>things that never happened: the post
Not to mention based Nux's death was in slow-mo and was one of the best scenes of the movie

>It's annoying, and sometimes even a film that tries to be genuine in terms of representation of sexuality/what-have-you can seem forced in this era. It happens. Ride it out, folks. It'll be over soon.

Oh it's forced allright in this film.

As for a genuis representation of sexuality/race that's very simple you should have no more than one fagget in every movie and a few black people, more latino, one or two chink

They are actually strongly over represented when it comes to demography

> For a feminist plot, I think it was a very realistic way to go - it's totally a legitimate issue in post-apocalyptic fiction, re: the breeders

It wasn't that you cheeky cunt. It's the Nomad stronk woman bikers that survived god knows how

Women get shit on (breeder) just as men (dispendable warrior, blood pack) there is nothing feminist in there it's just realistic

You saw a different movie then.

your argument was pretty stupid to begin with. this topic started with a 7,5/10

how can you classify that as HATED THE MOVIE?

>the demography argument

Hollywood is an international entity now. Whites account for less than 4% of the planet.

>can't back up argument with any evidence
Reddit please leave

>millennial
Either you're over 35 or underage. God this board is filled with insufferable meme spouting faggots.

Foot and celeb threads are long gone

Yea, my evidence is "the movie" you clearly didn't see.

>Foot and celeb threads are long gone
is that a bad thing?

>Not to mention based Nux's death was in slow-mo and was one of the best scenes of the movie

not really, Nux's death was one of the few scenes where the cgi was obvious, especially when the guitar flies at the camera

The best part about that scene is the huge deal and amount of effort they went through to have the guitar and steering wheel be real props spliced into the image, yet it still looks like cheap CGI because the reflections are all wrong.

Think its you that saw a different film you mong, multiple women were killed and their deaths were nothing to get worked up over, Nux was the one with the big finale and slow motion death.

Infact the closest I can think to anyone caring about a female death was the wives when angharad was killed which makes sense...and when the younger biker chick got ran down, the two grannies on the back of the war rig gve a reaction, thats it, nothing more.

Try opening your eyes when watching films, it helps, being visual and all.

I'd rather that than
>cuck
>reddit
>JUST
>SJW
>gb2 Sup Forums

My friend is a normie and he hated it. Not enough Mad Max for him and we both agreed Tom Hardy was shit.

So your friend wanted more Max, but hated Tom Hardy?

I didn't mind Hardy, could have been a lot worse, and its always tricky for a new actor to fill a role made by another actor, that being said, I'd have given anything for Mel to have come back, given the timeline, he'd have fitted right in looks wise whereas my complaint with Hardy is that he looked too young for his characters age, far too young.

just out of interest, who would people have wanted instead of Hardy or Gibson? A lot of people used to say Sam Worthington

It didn't though. Six women lost a fight to two men who were chained together. Furiosa was the only one who was really skilled, and that's pretty realistic considering the fact that she was one of Immortan Joe's best drivers. Of course she has some skill. I'm no feminist, I can't even stand the fucking concept, but the fact is that living in a post apocalyptic wasteland will make anyone a badass, including women. Tell me how it panders to them. What am I missing?

pretty much the best action kino in the last 50 years

>patriarchy controls all resources
>imperator furiosa (affirmative action/women's rights)
>morbidly obese women generating milk because women who have children are yucky breeders
>antagonist's unwilling brides are all skinny and more attractive than other women in the movie
>one-armed woman in charge of war machine and troops
>max crucified to vehicle (christianity is evil and part of patriarchy)
>3 main antagonists: joe, bullet farmer, gas town "people eater" (patriarchy, military industrial complex, capitalism)
>both of joe's sons dissabled in some way (eww don't have kids, it's yucky and they'll be retarded)
>war boy Nux (men) gets accused by women of having destroyed the world, tossed out of truck
>pregnant wife puts her own baby between joe's bullet and truck (abortion)
>pregnant wife falls from truck, dies a few hours later from injury (don't marry and reproduce or your life is over)
>side character named max is big and burly but can barely fight a scrawny one-armed woman
>side character max bests woman only when he gets a gun and places it to her head (gun control. also, Theron's father killed her mother with a gun in south africa)
>bullet farmer nearly kills all women (gun control again)
>max has to wash blood from his face using breast milk (motherhood is the death of happiness)
>Nux is rehabilitated and now a male feminist
>group of amazon lesbians setting traps for men in desert
>women able to live in sand filled void because MUH STRONK WOMYN
>old women in desert shoot better than war boys who have constant practice in raids
>old woman has a bag of seeds (hope)
>side character max wants to retake joe's citadel because it is unguarded
>convoy turns around (leftist revision history)
>people eater (capitalism) fat old bald man with gold nipple piercings, has to be lifted to his vehicle on the backs of poor
>desert lesbian amazons making perfect headshots from speeding vehicle on uneven terrain

>polecat minion plucks woman from her friends, delivers her to patriarchy
>desert lesbian amazons fall from motorcycle and dodge speeding vehicles
>amazon grabs rifle, continues to make perfect shots
>finally run over by people eater (capitalism as he takes control of the wheel and purposely kills woman)
>pursuit vehicles use harpoons and plows to try to slow truck (patriarchy holding back women's rights)
>max and nux now male feminists must help their women leaders
>max nearly falls from truck, charlize grabs him with the sheer might of her robot arm and strong will can hold up man three times her weight without prosthetic arm flying off
>max's v8 interceptor destroyed (manhood and patriarchy destroyed while saved by a woman)
>furiosa survives stab in gut by evil man
>nux given command of truck as furiosa jumps to joe's car
>max uses people eater as human shield against joe's bullets (using patriarchy to destroy capitalism via male feminist)
>max jumps to safety of women as capitalism explodes
>joe's massive son corpus fooled by woman who helps her get furiosa to joe's car
>max fights giant corpus
>furiosa rips mouth from joe (patriarchy no longer has say in women's lives)
>women quickly leave war machine for joe's leadership vehicle
>blonde wife takes seeds from old lesbian who is now dead but smiling
>nux sacrifices life to destroy war truck, corpus, and stop pursuing vehicles and thereby serve women
>gang returns to citadel, present dead patriarchy, toss him from hood where legions of poor tear his body apart
>intelligent but disabled son of joe pressured to let furiosa and brides up to citadel via lift
>he allows them up, they ascend to paradise while the poor are allowed to come up with them (open borders to promised land)
>furiosa looks down at sea of poor, sees side character max look up at her as he disappears into obscurity

How can people be that stupid and entitled?
>feminists
Ok, makes sense.

>world building
>>Sup Forums

And this is off the top of my head. Thinking back, there are plenty of things I forgot to mention like the brides arguing about moving on after the pregnant one, Splendid, fell from the truck and died. The dark haired bride (hispanic or muslim) wants to go back to the patriarchy but the white ones explain to her that they must be strong and go on without men.

It's a modern action movie with plenty of practical effects, but it's not a Mad Max movie since he's just a side character. It's a feminism action movie with the Mad Max name to get more people in seats, specifically men who need to be taught the glory of feminism and self-sacrifice to push feminist goals. In the beginning of the movie, Max was used as an unwilling blood bag for Nux. Towards the end, he willingly becomes a blood bag for Furiosa to keep her alive.

Like it all you want, just be aware of what you're seeing, this is cold war era style propaganda and you're being indoctrinated for uplikes on facebook.

If you can't read film then this board and even medium isn't for you.

>one shit is better than another shit

this mentality needs to stop

Compared to what we have now? no

One of the things that bugged me about how "feminist" this movie was supposed to be was it felt like people just ignored the war boys and how much worse life was for them. They were disposable, raised to die and even brainwashed to worship a glorious death. Constantly doing inhalants, always looking malnourished and dehydrated, they're like child soldiers in the Congo. They're even shown to have their own feelings, especially fear, love, and jealousy.

I really felt bad for them all, but I also loved how childishly fanatical they were. Shit felt immersive. I loved Fury Road.

I'm into feet, what can I say

>better than the first one
spotted the redditor

>hurrrrrrrggggggg

Is that the sound a feminist makes as she inhales a burger in one go?

The Mad Max movies are stupidly overrated. As are most older "classics" by the way. No, I'm not b8ing, they're just often completely shit.

>mfw I found out this wasn't set in modern Australia