How come everyone seems ok with the idea of death and not existing ever again? Shouldn't we be freaking out?

How come everyone seems ok with the idea of death and not existing ever again? Shouldn't we be freaking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryonics.org/
alcor.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why should we freak out? its inevitable, no reason to overreact. everyone thinks about it during their late teens/early 20s onward, i could only assume it gets worse when you are 50 and realize half your life is gone and more up to being on your deathbed. the only alternative is an early end which is the exact same end, its terrible, just make the most out of life that you can. if you enjoy Sup Forums experience it, or videogames do that, don't fool yourself into thinking you will enjoy social activities though

also this is why religion was invented, they believe they are going to heaven or being reincarnated

Tell me, how can you BE dead? Being implies you are alive.

Can you ever really be dead?

if you actually freak out about that idea then youre autistic

Its the dying part that you should worry about. Or any prospect of eternity.
The idea of just not existing is quite a comfort.

I imagine things will be just like before I was born.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” -Mark Twain. Probably the greatest quote regarding death. I choose to follow his words

That's the most comforting thought I've ever had

Eventually youll come to terms with it and realize that its one of the greatest things ever. No matter how bad it gets, we can always just leave.

try freaking out for more than 20 minutes. you can't.

We do. Every religion (about all of human history) has a story about some kind of life after death. Cognitive dissonance.

It's only when you let go that you can truly have it all

this is stupid though, he didn't experience life as he did then, bet he cried like a bitch in his last days

Can't remember the last time I gave a fuck about the concept of dying, I find it more strange that people actually want to stick around

I think it is like a dreamless sleep. After you wake up you have no clue what happened while you were asleep. It's like you did not exist at all. Are you worried about that everytime to go to bed? The only difference is you just don't wake up anymore. But otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

Death won't be around when you're alive user. Don't fear something that won't happen while you're alive. That's like worrying when the sun will burn out.

death is part of life, its inevitable so what's the point of freaking out?

No he was drunk af and high on whatever they were getting high on back then

oh, were you with him on his last days?

He died armwrestling a grizzley and won.

much much better people than me have lived and died and im not so vain that i think my life matters.

also theres absolutely nothing we can do about it so why bother freaking out.

There is nothing that can make me accept death, i'm shit scared of just no longer being. Can someone please say something that will make me less terrified.

It's coming sooner than you think

kys. Can't live your life in fear man. Grow some balls to live, or grow some balls to end your miserable life

Get cryopreserved.
cryonics.org/
alcor.org/

Try religion

Y'all are all wrong. He was balls deep in nigger pussy and his heart gave out.

The verb "to be" isn't implying anything. Happy, sad, alive, dead, they're all states of being. The only thing different about death is that it's permanent.

If you have enough love for something, you might feel better about dieing, if it means they'll keep living. Like, find a reason to die for..

The world will be just fine without you

what would freaking out about it accomplish?

>bet
obviously not you retard

"Death smiles at us all, the only thing a man can do, is smile back" Russel Maximus

Remember what it was like before you existed? No? It will be just like that.

user said he was a crybaby in his last days. How would user know unless he was there? Hence the reason I asked, genius. stupid clown

At least there is a chance you will eternally live in some state or another

learn how to read

"Never turn your back on fear...it should be faced head on, like a thing that might have to be killed" HST...probably misquoted

I freak out every so often by the crushing idea of not existing. How great would it be to be eternal and lose all concept of time

You're a retard

you're too attached to the world you little speck of dust in a football field. what you are doing here worrying about is time wasted doing something for yourself. the uncertainty of death is no excuse to cry like the little bitch you are. the only thing you should be afraid of is dubs

This 10/10 post

Check'd

>bet he cried like a bitch in his last days
>bet
i doubt you feel stupid because you aren't smart enough to understand but you should

I think this just delays the inevitable, unless you want to live 1 day at a time every 10 years or so

fuck that gave me the chills

911 get

rly makes u think

same

lol fag

If only you knew what those chills meant.

oh Sup Forums, never change

your right, you can never experience being dead, just as you can never experience the hypothetical state which comes before the point when your fetal brain was developed enough to perceive the reality around it.

>Epicurus writes: 'Thus that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist.'

Why do you ignore the HUGE amount of SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN EVIDENCE that afterlife exists then ?

>inb4 ragecaps
>inb4 not inb4

im mexican

we know and laugh at this world and its absurd existence only love our folks and traditions while we live

Racist mother fucker. You only love your own folk and traditions. You should love everyone, but you don't. That's why we are building a wall, so we can love our own traditions and folks, but you smelly bean sticks will never understand.

What do I have to live for?

Just believe in god/the afterlife, but without any of the other bullshit/rules that people made up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

you have no traditions or folks

I'm Serbian. I have tons of traditions and folks.

I didn't exist before I existed, so...
I will be the same, no reason to worry about, even I won't leaven siblings on this world, because I don't want to leave more people to the jew machinery.

pascals wager is BS. what if I told you that believing in a deity guarantees that you wont be reincarnated when you would otherwise be?
looks like you better hedge your bets and become an atheist.

The only thing that changes is my expectation of what's after death. This might be dumb, but I think that I'll be more accepting of death if I believe that there's an afterlife, rather than darkness eternal.

there is no darkness eternal. there is no anything.
did it suck to be unborn before your parents conceived you? of course not - and it wont suck to be dead in the same way.

most people do on their death bef

I was finally at peace with the thought of dying once a read a quote “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” It's from Mark Twain

It won't suck, but which of these options would you prefer:

>Paradise eternal
>Nothing

paradise eternal? sounds tedious to me.

I don't care if I stop existing at this very moment because I would never notice it anyway.

it literally has no impact on my current state, the hypothetical knowledge of the end of my experience.