Le "its okay to murder and dehumanise enemy POWs because 'war is hell'" meme

>le "its okay to murder and dehumanise enemy POWs because 'war is hell'" meme

This movie was shit and utter trash propaganda

gb2r

Speaking objectively, it was alright. Had a safe formula and plot. 7/10

I refuse to watch it.

> Sherman beating a Tiger

A late war, 76mmHV Sherman penetrating the rear armor on a Tiger is perfectly reasonable. It's not sloped at all, and what passed for thick armor in 1942 didn't in 1945.

> implying a Sherman could get anywhere near the rear of a Tiger, especially in the obvious manner in this monstrous propaganda

It was an M4A3E8 with a 76mm cannon, plenty capable of penning a tiger in the rear at point-blank range.

> Being this dumb

It's 4 Shermans taking on 1 Tiger.

This.

It even had the classic, "fall for girl and then she ded" trope so the viewer can feel that war is hell.

> implying a highly-experienced Tiger commander would allow his Tiger to be swarmed like that
> implying he wouldn't just move away and pick them off
> coincidentally Brad Pitt's tank is the only one to survive
Merchant propaganda, and plebs fall for this shit constantly.

>right after she was nearly raped by two jewish-americans

It was 1945, maybe the crew was inexperienced.

are you implying german tanks were invincible?

You wouldn't give a Tiger to an inexperienced crew, perhaps a Panzer IV or something.

No, just that the Sherman was utter garbage, excepting perhaps the Firefly.

He's a Sup Forums poster, of course he is.

Better not let him figure out that an Easy Eight Sherman could penetrate a Tiger I from the front in certain places, let alone the rear.

>> implying a highly-experienced Tiger commander would allow his Tiger to be swarmed like that

Source that the crew of the Tiger was experienced?

> coincidentally Brad Pitt's tank is the only one to survive

Well I always take movies as finding an amazing story, you know, worth telling, and sort of do the "I bet you're wondering how I end up here?" So the story about that amazing thing that happened is told from the beginning to understand how it happened.

>it's a movie that triggers Sup Forums thread

He states in the film that he has been fighting in his tank since North Africa, hence it can't be an Easy Eight Sherman.

Tigers were expensive and rare, only experienced crews had them, or Waffen SS.

>You wouldn't give a Tiger to an inexperienced crew, perhaps a Panzer IV or something.

This isn't videogames kid, shit happens in war and sometimes you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel for tank crews.

>No, just that the Sherman was utter garbage, excepting perhaps the Firefly.

The sherman tank in general was a fine tank, better than the substandard T-34.

>i know a lot about tanks

>He states in the film that he has been fighting in his tank since North Africa, hence it can't be an Easy Eight Sherman.

Well if you're not fucking blind it's clearly not an M4A1. That's just the screenwriters clashing with the people in charge of historical continuity. Pitt's tank is clearly armed with the 76mm high velocity gun, which throughout the late war was more than capable of penetrating a Tiger I's front armor at over 1000 meter with HVAP projectiles.

Are you retarded? The Sherman was a great tank, especially the "Easy Eight" M1A3E8 variant, which Fury was.

They did.

They won the war, naziboo.

Hell canadians in sherman fireflies could kill a company of tigers and panthers in a morning.

I can't fucking believe pol gets triggered by this movie. I mean, when I watched it I thought "well, I guess pol will be shilling this movie for a while" But the fucking faggots don't even bother watching the movie I mean what the hell

>Brad PItt is painted as a monster, killing in cold blood a whimpering and unarmed POW
>The entire crew is painted as a bunch of animals and rapists, including the big ugly jew, the mexican and the christian one
>The young, inexperienced protagonist is painted as a dumb naive, thinking love can bloom in the battlefield
>The germans are presented fighting a lost war, with many innocent men in their ranks
>A FUCKING SS GUY SAVES THE PROTAGONIST, SHOWING HE IS CAPABLE TO BE MORE OF A HUMAN THAN BRAD PITT

> lapping up American propaganda: the thread

God damn you're a stupid nigger

Shermans could penetrate and knock out Tigers at some distance. You've fallen for idiotic History Channel memes.

Just give him a med kit, he'll be fine.

>You wouldn't give a Tiger to an inexperienced crew

Yeah, because Germany had such an excess of well trained service men in late 44/45

read a book goddamn

>le' lets fucking try to rub our dicks on a immobile tank with hostiles in it even though we have the means to engage it from afar
oh wait, maybe not since they manage to miss the tank when not under fire and standing about 5 meters behind it.

piece of shit ending holy fuck

He didn't fall for her she was a distraction a momentary comfort amid all the distruction it was a fleeting respite that dissapeared in one artillery blast. That was the point of that scene

>coincidentally Brad Pitt's tank is the only one to survive

Ughhh he's the main chatacter for a reasob dumass

> coincidentally Lukes x wing is the plane to down the deathstar

Yeah that's why there is a movie about him ass

Tanks had good crews untill the end unlike uboats and planes. Only things they didnt have was parts and fuel

lmao?

If anything it showed that Americans can be just as evil as the nazis were back then.

They invited themselves into any home they pleased and raped their women

>le "its okay to murder and dehumanise enemy POWs because 'war is hell'" meme
um user, it wasn't saying it was ok at all. If you weren't retarded you would see that it was showing how Americans could be pieces of shit too. How would that be propaganda? Cuz the Americans won in the end? Well that's what happened in real life idiot.

>raging about the murder of a German POW

I remember that the German was wearing a US jacket, and the other US troops were shouting something like "Where'd you get that jacket". There was a Geneva law in which any soldier wearing an enemy's uniform could be considered an infiltrator, and therefore subject to execution.