Who's the David Bowie of music?

Who's the David Bowie of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html
nme.com/news/music/grimes-49-1212018
twitter.com/grimezsz/status/548984648059994112
vanyaland.com/2014/12/12/feeling-queen-bowie-grimes-admits-glam-rock-influences-potential-new-single/
wickeddchildd.com/2014/12/grimes-new-album-inspired-by-glam-rock.html
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=m9UlQofrwzI
nme.com/news/music/grimes-78-1257722
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tilda Swinton

Beck

Grimes

Eclectic, chameleonic, interesting, exciting, stylish.

/thread

I wish she was as good as people say on Sup Forums

Scott Walker

She is better than people say. You just don't get it.

Stop.

David Bowie you retard

Good get

Moby, obviously

i guess i don't, but comparing her to someone like Bowie is pretty ridiculous

tfw look exactly like TWD era Bowie

Didn't mean to quote this post, although while I get the chance I do want to remind you quickly that you cannot /thread your own post

You fucking wish you looked this good when you're high on coke escaping demons that steal your jizz and getting arrested while surviving on a diet consisting solely of peppers and milk.

>comparing her to someone like Bowie is pretty ridiculous
Not at all, actually.
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377

It's called a shitpost dude I was hoping for that effect
Good get

You could

baeblemusic.com/musicblog/1-19-2016/is-grimes-the-true-spiritual-successor-to-david-bowie.html

nme.com/news/music/grimes-49-1212018

twitter.com/grimezsz/status/548984648059994112

vanyaland.com/2014/12/12/feeling-queen-bowie-grimes-admits-glam-rock-influences-potential-new-single/

wickeddchildd.com/2014/12/grimes-new-album-inspired-by-glam-rock.html

Got the same hair colour naturally and the same hair genetics. I'm nowhere near as good looking (he was an unbelievably attractive bloke) but I have a similar type of face.

>Who's the David Bowie of music?
What do you think?

I'll shut up because i know barely anything about grimes other than a couple of songs, but comparing a fairly new artist to someone who has such an illustrious body of work that still sounds fresh to this day is again, pretty ridiculous and no twitter posts or nme articles are going to change my mind. I'd compare her to Bowie when she has a ten year streak of 10/10 albums.

do you honestly feel like Bowie had a 10 year streak of 10/10 albums

Female Bowie is Bjork tbqh.

Yeah really.
He's my favorite artist but Pin Ups still exists. Man Who Sold the World to me is like an 8/10 too. Other than that I'd say they were all 10s.

I wonder if Brian Eno and Fripp would collaborate with her. I don't think so.

Exaggerating a bit, but pretty much flawless shit from 1970 till 1980

Man who sold the world (9/10)
Hunky Dory (10/10)
Ziggy (10/10)
Alladin Sane (9/10)
Diamond Dogs (9/10)
Young Americans (8/10)
Station to Station (10/10)
Low (10/10)
Heroes (10/10)
Lodger (9/10)
Scary Monsters (10/10)

Say what you will but i have yet to see an artist be so consistent at what he does. He did have a pretty bad streak in the 80's and 90's imo but he really came back strong with the early 00's and ofcourse the next day and blackstar which are 9's and 10's respectively.

No. She's the female Prince. Grimes is the female Bowie.

If they would be impressed by her music, why not? I think Eno would love her sound textures and inventive arrangements.

Grimes is the independent artist, producing on her own.
She doesn't need collaborators, especially white males.

I wanna say David Bowie.

Fripp impressed by bubblegum pop? Only in your head.

Who the fuck are Grimes? I've never heard of them.

This post sounds like something you'd find on DeviantArt when a user is wondering how different characters from different shows would interact with each other.
>Oh, I think Finn the Human would love hanging out with Mordecai! I think Finn would love helping out at the park.

But Bowie isn't shit.

God, Grimes fans on this site are so fucking annoying.

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesiser, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- virtuoso

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modelling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- had some troubles in the past: drugs, 2 friends died because of overdosing drugs, sexual assault, shitty jobs, the professor who got her into a music program killed himself
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

>implying her music is bubblegum
He would be impressed by something like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=m9UlQofrwzI

It shows that you have no idea about her music, except maybe a few singles from Art Angels.

>grimes is the independent artist, producing on her own. She doesn't need collaborators, especially white males.

You're wrong. Both aren't shit, but great. Get your shit together.

>God, Grimes fans on this site are so fucking annoying.
For telling the truth? Yeah, truth hurts.

Just stop. Please. You have a containment thread.

The truth is Grimes isn't Bowie. There will never be another Bowie. Fuck off.

Then what is this thread for?

>Dune
Worst David Lynch movie 2bh. I guess it was kind of enjoyable in a cheesy way, but too call yourself a "Dune fan" seems a bit much.

She's not Bowie but she's on par with him. She doesn't have such a large discography YET, but she's working on it. So far she didn't release a bad album. Bowie can't claim that.

>Worst David Lynch movie 2bh
Movie? That was a list of her favourite books.

I don't even know. Waifu worship has to stop.

She prefers the book. The Dune series is the best selling sci fi ever. She's a huge fan, her album Geidi Primes is mostly inspired by it.

The album's title refers to the fictional planet Giedi Prime, of the Dune universe in a series of novels by Frank Herbert, originating with the 1965 novel Dune, Grimes' favourite book.

>"Caladan", the first track, refers to a fictional planet of the same name. The next, "Sardaukar Levenbrech", refers to the military rank of Levenbrech—roughly in between a sergeant and a lieutenant—in the fictional army of the Sardaukar. A Face Dancer, as used in track three's title "Zoal, Face Dancer", is a type of human in the series who can shapeshift.

>Track six, "Feyd Rautha Dark Heart", refers to the primary antagonist of the first novel in the Dune series, named Feyd-Rautha. "Shadout Mapes", the 10th track, refers to a minor character of the same name. Track 11, "Beast Infection", refers to the "Beast" nickname of the character Rabban.

Because you say so? Lmao!

I'd say YA is a 9/10 but otherwise I agree 100%, good list

Star Wars isn't a book either. Unless you count that EU garbage.

I was making a joke. I knew it was a book.

nme.com/news/music/grimes-78-1257722

>Grimes: ‘I want to remake cult sci-fi movie ‘Dune”

>The electro-pop artist, who has referenced Frank Herbert’s 1965 sci-fi novel in her songs, claims it would be her “dream” to make a new film version. David Lynch previously brought the book to the big screen in 1984. Grimes told Bust magazine: “I want to direct a full-length film of Dune. I liked the David Lynch version, but everyone knows that he didn’t really care about it. I just feel there isn’t really a great Dune movie in the same way that there’s a Lord Of The Rings movie. I think by the time I’m 50, it’ll be time for another Dune movie, and I’d love to make it. That’s the dream of my life.”

I'm not that guy, but i get it. I understand that most of you people probably genuinely like the artist, it's just that it seems obsessive and at times it's annoying to constantly see people losing their shit over how cute she looks or how cool her tastes are or whatever, especially when it derails threads or shoves this shit into people who don't care. It's probably not even waifu in the same way people idolize kpop chicks but it looks similar and that's enough.

pic unrelated ofc

You take yourself too seriously. Why do you post on this meme board? What is the purpose? If you're looking for recommendations, these kind of threads aren't suitable for you.

>This post sounds like something you'd find on DeviantArt
Well... maybe something YOU'D be finding on DeviantArt...

not him but
>provides counter argument
>"hah, so what?"
>explains self
>"pfft, why do you take yourself so seriously? go somewhere else if you don't want threads derailed by us prestigious waifufags!"
What the fuck is your problem?

>Well... maybe something YOU'D be finding on DeviantArt...
What did he mean by this?

>Not directing this at the OP
>Being b8ed this easily
Lol

>derailed by us prestigious waifufags!"
That's your's problem: where the fuck do you see waifufags ITT? People are posting legit comments, not just dumping pics. Or according to you liking female artists = waifufagging?

>Thinks Dune was just a movie

hey man, i love a good meme as much as the next guy but even a meme thread can have some quality discussion spawning from it. I don't see that happening when people start posting shit like this or this . It's not the artist that i have a problem with, it's you

>People publicly liking musicians who I don't claim to like has to stop

This could've been an interesting thread but the Grimesposters had to spam Grimes in here to troll people.

>I was making a joke.
user, FYI ironic shitposting and "pretending" to be stupid don't mix.

Grimesposters is the reason why this thread is still alive tbch

Are grimes fags serious when they say shit like this?

>or shoves this shit into people who don't care.
Welcome to real life, user, where interacting with other people means coming to grips with the fact that other people think differently from you.

the only thing that prevents the man who sold the world from being perfect is savior machine

David Lynch

here they are
>you just don't get it
implies mindless liking of music, likes it because of its creator (assumed)
not the poster but the post linked is obvious
bases opinion on one article that only compares her to bowie in the title and basically jerks her off the whole time
>inb4 "jerks her off???"
goes through the effort to find six (6) articles that vaguely prove his or her point, one of which is a twitter post from grimes saying that her dad is forcing her through a bowie documentary
not explaining themselves, thinks it obvious that grimes is the answer
insists shit without explaining their point, again thinking it's obvious that grimes is the answer
this is a shitpost to be ignored
self explanatory
(You)
proven by where you instead of defending self against being a waifufag insist that their opinion on your conduct has no effect on your future
>For telling the truth?
thinks his or her subjective opinion is objective fact, again this one thinks that grimes being the answer would be obvious implying extreme admiration
self explanatory
ditto
(You)
getting way too offended by other people disagreeing with you and providing an argument as to why they do
defending shitposting, implied grimesfag themselves
thick skulled and doesn't understand what he's saying, not introspective

OP here, just wanted to say meant this as a shitpost, sorry the grimesfags took it over.

It was a shitpost you cunt. Of course David Bowie is the David Bowie of music, he's a fucking musician. How was this lost on so many people?

Don't worry about it dude, i never knew how much i love seeing someone systematically proving how retarded grimes fans really are. This has been an eye-opener

>It was a shitpost you cunt.
So why are you complaining about shitposting in the thread if OP itself is a shitpost?

Because it's Grimes shitposting, and Grimes shitposting has turned into the modern MLP shitposting, it's getting really old and it shows up everywhere all the time
I wonder if Grimes or Kpop will get their own containment board all to themselves soon

What I was gonna say basically
I love shitposting stupid nonsense stuff but I don't shitpost the same thing over and over again and derail threads over it (not necessarily this one cause there was no point but in plenty of others)

PS in what way is Grimes musically similar to Bowie at all?
Also
>Bjork is the female Prince
Ok I love Bjork but they're nowhere near musically similar what are you on about

Oh shit, I thought Kira Yoshikage got run over in the end of part 4, how did I miss wen they arrested him

My thought exactly. Otherwise spot on.

funny how the thread easily goes down to page 10 without grimes posting

this
It's not your fault user, we all make silly mistakes, like this thread of yours. Just remember that even God makes silly mistakes, one of those mistakes are grimesfags.

>Shitposters complaining about getting mercilessly meta-trolled by Grimes fans
Lol. Keep on whining - it just makes this all the more ironically entertaining.