Who is more powerful: Britain or Russia?

Who is more powerful: Britain or Russia?

Britain can't do anything without the United States' help

Do you like to suck it or putting it in your ass?

Bogdanoffs

Britain but CHEEKY is better

Britain non-ironically. Russia has the nukes and manpower, but Britain is much stronger economically and diplomatically even without the US.

As long as you have enough WMDs to force a MAD stalemate, the real game is soft power, which the U.K. far surpasses Russia in.

Russia

They look like freaks.
Humans are so fucking stupid.

I think Britain at the regard of history. For example Britain conquered the world including the country-continent that are India and vassalized China. Britain stoped Russia in its wars too notably in the great game in Central Asia and Crimea for the control of Bosphorus with Crimean wars.
Also in its wars Russia lost many people unlike Britain.

Britain, russia is shit

We are good at soft power. Our hard power isn't bad either, especially so when our ramp ships come in soon.

Russia was beaten by a small country like Finland. Britain never lost a war.

Russia is a british cryptocolony

>Britain never lost a war

cheeky britty

>Russia

Russia has a lot of natural resources and more military industry of their own.

Britain is a small eroded island with very little natural resources and dependent on American cock.

We are best mates with Trump now, they have our back.

Find me a russian ship that looks half as good next to her territories
I'll wait

Suck it.

France

blyat

Shh lad, n-no you're not

>Rebellious Brits vs loyal Brits

If you're talking strictly in terms of military then Russia is more powerful

Nuclear triad and 1000+ nukes, we have single delivery method and more like 100 nukes

Russian army is better, Russian air force is better

It's arguable that our navy is better but firstly Russians don't really care about their Navy and secondly Russia's may still be better

Even though we have similar military spending currently Russia exports a lot more weapons and so economies of scale make things cheaper for them,

before 1991 they used to spend a lot more so have a lot of semi functioning semi useful old weapons

whereas we have a boner for getting rid of 'old' stuff that might still be useful, we end up with shiny new stuff but in low numbers

Also British soldiers wages and especially pensions are very high compared to Russian so they can get more soldiers for a given amount of money

Once you take account of diplomatic strength, soft power etc. It's more complex and can be argued either way but personally I still think Russia is more powerful

>Nuclear triad and 1000+ nukes, we have single delivery method and more like 100 nukes
This doesn't really matter though as 100 nukes is enough to wipe out Russia, so neither side would strike first with them realistically.

You also have to consider the fact that we would never leave our island and Russia would never be able to take it. No matter how many tanks they have.

It's still hard to say who is stronger, as Russia have shown they can fuck about in the ME and get away with it. More years of sanctions from us, the EU and America would be devastating for them but I guess that doesn't count in a 1v1 argument.

Good post, I mostly agree but I think a key UK strength often overlooked is our ability to mobilise resources combined with our political stability.

Also when push comes to shove, if the British government decided to set, say, the military as a high priority (like Russia does permanently), our 5% GDP would be quite a formidable defence budget. It's a question of priorities. Currently you could argue we have the wrong priorities.

UK is culturally speaking, unironically, a superpower at the same level as USA.
Russia has (twice?) the population and a fuck load of clay though. They have a proud history and are stubborn as fuck. Not cucked like the other continentals. Militarily and economically (resources at least) more powerful than the UK 100%

With our nukes we only have maybe like 10-20 warheads on an armed ship at any one time and the range doesn't cover the entire planet, for example if the boat is in the middle of the Atlantic the missiles wouldn't reach Beijing

Plus the recent testing going wrong and it really shows we are absolutely stripped to the bare minimum in terms of nuclear weapons

The sad thing is successive governments keep reducing the total number of warheads for virtually no reason as the submarines and launching system are the expensive bits

All very true, also if the government would relax ethical concerns in terms of types of weapons such as mines and cluster bombs + not selling to certain countries it would increase our military effectiveness and reduce cost through economies of scale

These are things Russia doesn't worry about

>UK is culturally speaking, unironically, a superpower at the same level as USA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That's true we don't know where the 2 (is it 2 constantly out?) are, but I imagine they would be within reasonable distance of Russia should we ever be in a position where war is possible.

Testing is testing and while it doesn't look good things don't go well every time. It's possible the Russians have had failures in the past but we don't really hear of them.

I agree on the last point too. I don't think we could ever get rid of all nukes simply because although we talk pretty firm when countries start making nukes we, and the rest of the world, do nothing. I don't think there's been any punishment for India, Iran, NKorea and whoever else made them fairly recently. There's no disincentive to not make them so we shouldn't reduce ours.

>You also have to consider the fact that we would never leave our island and Russia would never be able to take it.

But in reality our interests, both physical territories/bases and economic/diplomatic power enablers, are completely global. There's never a pure 1vs1 fight and if we're fighting with Russia it's highly likely that we're fighting *with* some other European allies, so our military will likely have to do something on the continent successfully, working with the other powers we're allied with.

>is it 2 constantly out?
1 out on patrol, 1 on exercises

The other 2 presumably in maintenance

its true though

Trump looks down upon Farage. Sees him like a sycophant, an underling. He looks up to Putin, hopes to be his friend and equal.

Who cares about Farage, what matters is how Trump gets on with the PM

Bit of a silly comparison to make between nige and putin

Farage has influence but has never and probably will never hold any real significant hard power

>May
Unless he's as stupid as he makes himself out to be, he'll hate her.
If you based your campaign on immigration, would you like someone who basically sabotaged our border control in every way they could?
Then again, I can't bloody wait to see what she wears to meet him.
Maybe a fucking zoot suit?

Brits have satire, Russians have idiotic drinking games, what do you think

You didn't have to mention that island on your pic is British territory. It's obviously because we can easily notice mosque there :3

>Russians have idiotic drinking games
Try going to one of our town centres on a Friday night

Wolverhampton was pretty okay

In terms of power of destruction, Russia by far.

Now geopolitics i think they're even.

*opens letters of last resort*

UK, without a doubt.

Destruction like invading and fucking shit up.

Nukes will destroy anything of course.

I agree with you there
our force projection is good, but we don't excercise it enough to have the skills and experience needed
the ruskis are forever poking their noses in for a bit of land grabbing, on the the other hand

Im wholeheartedly surprised the Russian federation hasn't made an attempt to conquer and annex Finland, do you guys know how many fuckable folk that country holds

Britain is powerful, maybe in an hypothetical war, France and UK would be the ones holding Russia in Europe.

It comes down to politics, if it was just us versus the russians, we'd lose
but, you know, NATO exists, so we'd be able to soundly thrash them with the joint forces

Russia would probably be better at conquering due to their sheer zerg rushing capabilities
Britain would probably be better at defending themselves due to their islandkike geopolitical position

We ship more goods to USA than they do to us.

Russia will bitchslap bongland like there is no tomorrow

But dont worry we will be there to bail you like every time

The United States of Motherfucking America.

no it isnt.

Just because a lot of countris speak English doesnt mean they like UK. Infact they speak english because of colonialism and hate UK for it. The only countries that UK has a softpower influence are Aus, NZ, Canada. Rest dont give a fuck.

On the contrary american softpower is completely different and there is literally no comparison to UK.

>Infact they speak english because of colonialism and hate UK for it.
>hate UK for it.

Uh huh

The US does worse than the UK in this survey btw

>no argies
I would have liked to see how miffed they are still
What did we do for Ghana, anyway?

BWAHAHAHHA