I got interviewed and told what shift/pay I'm on, they said they will call me to schedule a orientation...

I got interviewed and told what shift/pay I'm on, they said they will call me to schedule a orientation, when normally is this? Happened thursday

You're a loser. Kill yourself.

Too edgy

if you are really asking about 4 years ago when I started (no longer work for them) they will take about 2+ weeks to start depending on management. Tbh I hated working there with a passion dont stay there long move onto another job.

Don't plan to stay for long thank you
so when they say orientation thing, it means I 100% got it? along with the shift

Should I apply for other jobs in the mean time? is there a chance they won't call

Is this your first job? Orientation means you got it. That's usually when they will give you your name badge, show you how to punch in/out, possibly give you a tour of the store and the departments and do a bunch of paperwork for the job (i.e. signing off on safety forms, state/federal forms)

It means you got the job. You'll probably get called next time the hr is in which will probably be Monday.

Yeah first job
I'm short of rent this month due to losing my main source of income which was internet work (i don't consider it my first)

I think I've earned enough rent for this month, I just hope walmart comes through with this orientation or I'll be homeless next month

if they set you up with the drug test/backround check and said orientation will be set later on then you should have the job unless you fail your drug test I would recommend looking for jobs in the mean time trust me you can get stuck very easy I only stood working for walmart for about 4-5 months before I got a job at Frontier.

Walmart no longer drug tests new hires.

I'm actually planning on applying here for either stock/cashier/cart pusher

I work at another grocery chain now in deli and it's shit. terrible slave work

wuuuttttt really? dam they are cheap what about background checks?

Walmart is shit slave work but at least you'll make almost $11/hr.

Walmart is no better

If you want a good job and somewhere that will get you places apply to The home depot they do great training and pay decent

also if you work at walmart try to get a night shift $1 more an hour.

They still do background checks. I wish they still did drug tests because I'm pretty sure everyone I work with is a crackhead.

whatya guys think about best buy? I've been offered a merchandising position for 3 days a week.

what position pays 11? I make 10 now at my shit job but am fine with getting 9.60 to get out of there

prob to save money I hate walmart ALOT hate management aswell.

Then who would work at Walmart if they all killed themselves?

what kinda positions are at home depot? honestly I'm not really skilled at much that's relevant in these customer service positions. I don't MIND it if I know what I'm doing but if I'm not prepared then I will dislike it. that's why I want something simple like cashiering.

I agree. First job was at The Home Depot. They will teach you a lot of useful stuff (home improvment, tools, gardening, etc.) and I kinda felt respected for a min wage job.

I'm in produce. It's base pay is $10.50 but if you have exp you'll get more. If you can try to work at a Neighborhood Market. They only sale grocerys and are a lot smaller. A lot less strict.

I did not know a single thing when they hired me. There are hours of online training where you learn what you need to know. Customers usually were fun to talk with because they liked to share their project and you actually get to help them.

Several years ago I did the same thing. They gave the interview that went well and told me where I'd be and the pay. The fuckers never called me back and I didn't feel like calling back and kissing ass. Went in a few days later and found out they hired a bunch of inbred fucks... I was 23 and in shape, and they hired retards... Started working security after that so I'm glad it went the way it did.

Worse than walmart, pay might be a little better but not worth it.

>working retail ever

Glad I'm passed that phase of my life. Sitting in a comfy government position now.

How is that security work. There are some part time security jobs I've found on craigslist but not sure if they're sketchy or not. I mean am I gonna get shot up?

they're gonna kill u

I just got a job in cap 2 starting $12.10.

It's not bad, most of the day I'm unloading semi trailers which is a breeze, I keep busy and time goes by fast.

Should be about a week or two. The pay isn't wonderful, but they are so scared of being sued that they make damn sure you get your meal/breaks. Which is something that rarely happens in similar jobs. Most places will work the shit out of you without giving you breaks. Take advantage OP.

itt minimum wage plebs discuss having their first shitty job. Never work retail faggots.

Sounds good thanks

nigger detected

(You)
(You)

call me what you want but I make three times what you make moron.

Ive been working security for 3 years now. 2 in WV for the coal mines and now I live in NC and its not much different, just depends on the client. Im at work right now tbh. Its so laid back and chill at nights, you never see a soul. Just make sure you have entertainment and youre good. Ive never had anything bad happen just 1 or 2 scares. One involving a bear in WV and another with a couple of drunk guys but I got rid of em. I always have my gun on me and my bug out bag. Man im telling you, especially if you like to feel free, security is the way to go. My car is my office and it feels awesome. I just cant work with people anymore.

Security jobs are good if you can get one watching an abandoned building or something on overnights. I did this in college and just browsed Sup Forums and played xbox all night. It was great.

Any type of security where you have to directly interact with people sucks asshole. They want you to enforce shit but people pretty much know there's not a fucking thing you can really do to them.

If nobody chose to sell their labor to retailers anymore, very few people would be able to buy things in retail stores.

they will train you man its easy no problems also like I said it will open alot of doors

When I see on a resume that they worked at The home depot I normally would hire them as long as when I call they did not let them go because of shady activity or a bad worker. I like how the Home depot trains always great workers from that store

Isn't that what illegal mexican's are for? let them work the shit jobs us normals don't want or need, instead you idiots are letting them take better jobs in construction and are getting paid more than you. talk about stupidity at it's best.

I never knew mexicans had to mow the lawn inside of walmart you narrow minded edgy fuck

>if they stuck to mowing lawns

but I see them working construction and highway work positions now getting paid pretty good money. it's not narrow mindedness it's what is actually happening.

That's not construction
Construction pays extremely well and if it's a union job even better

They don't work inside of walmart

period

>working for the gubment
>will never get truly rewarded for profitable ideas
>railroaded into a pay grade that will always be worth less than your skills if you are actually worth a shit.

Its around 14 dollars if you have management experience

experience means nothing at walmart

What the fuck did you do m8. There is a viable alternative??

This. Another thing I forgot to mention. Iv worked strictly nights all 3 years. Its so cool dude. Im a nightowl anyway but if youre not youll get used to it and really enjoy it. Im even more familiar with constellations and the moon cycles now. There have been a couple times ive just laid in top my car blasting Tool while smokin it up lol. Good times. Also I have snuck people to chill with me all night. My brother once and my girlfriend twice.

? you are only reinforcing my point. there was a time when walmart almost exclusively hired mexicans, now they are taking advantage of college kids and poor whites to make their image look better.