/comfy/ Olympics thread

Proper version as the other one is /comf/ edition

Australia sub edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ga5o2OmGR7g
vimeo.com/177632249
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw first place

damn, anyone else watch the tennis final? I would have loved to see a match between the two if del potro had gone in with the amount of rest Murray had. he has some heart and he's really likable.

It has to be numbered ugh who /groanzone/ here

You forgot to number it

>The amount of rest Murray had

They both had games yesterday didn't they?

The other one in the catalogue isn't numbered and I cba to go in the archive

Find it for next thread if you want

This one is nr.32

yeah, they did, I more meant Murray was much more well rested because he beat up on Nishikori and Del Potro was in a 3-4 hour match against roidal. He was completely drained.

>HNNNNNGGGGG

Starting to get more caught up in the whole medal table than just being comfy and watching sports desu lads

And now you know why there are so many swimming events.

Swimming events aren't even that comfy

>Sports that are over
Archery
Canoeing - Slalom
Cycling - Road
Fencing
Golf - Men's
Gymnastics - Trampolining
Judo
Rowing
Rugby Sevens
Shooting
Swimming - Pool
Tennis
Weighlifting - Women's

Press F to pay respects

Having so many swimming events sucks dick. They shouldn't have more than 3.

>Men's singular
>Women's singular
>Men's relay
>Women's relay

That's literally the most variations of swimming I can think of

Who the fuck is thinking: Hmm I like the backstroke but I can't wait for the butterfly!

Nobody.
Nobody thinks that.

I know.
Its to keep the american ego up with medals.

F

this nbc beach volleyball commentator is really ruining my comfy. her speech is all stilted

Just remove everything that isn't freestyle swimming desu

I'm absolutely fine with them having the 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 4x100 and 4x400 which is still 16 events men's+women's (more than gymnastics or cycling)

But NOT with random medleys and meme strokes, only freestyle

The only consequence is all the medals. No one really cares about the medal count. USA is always going to be top.

It doesn't interrupt any other events.

People need to stop caring about medal count.

Don't want to take anything away from the chap because it's still a stellar accomplishment but seeing how generous Swimming is with their medal count - it's no surprise that Phelps is #1.

Who's number 2? I'd be shocked if it isn't another swimmer. Same for #3.

second is a gymnast. third is a gymnast. fourth is a swimmer.

What a based night

>People need to stop caring about medal count.
no

It would be much more fun if USA/China/Britain/other were all competing for every single medal for their country to get to the top of the medal board rather than just accepting USA is first.

Then there will be much more excitement in every single sport there is.

Of course there would still be a shitload of inequality. Belize isn't going to be reaching for the top. But by fixing swimming the medal count would become a lot more competitive and the Olympics a lot more fun.

swimming is one of the staple sports of the olympics, just fucking deal with it. it's not that fucking hard to develop and train swimmers if you want to beat us.

and the meme swims are just like having a bunch of meme boat races or bike races.

there has to be like 50 golds available between rowing, kayaking, canoeing, and sailing. More than swimming, even though swimming is all human powered as is the spirit of the damn olympics. How many fucking people have ever even seen a laser radial dinghy or a nacra whatever or a slalom kayaking course. anybody can jump in the water and learn to swim

How is choking comfortable?

Hey, fun fact. Every event is open to every country. UK has the facilities and funds to have a great swimming program.

You're just upset because you haven't developed a great class of swimmers like the US has. I don't think there'd be a single medal obsessed brit complaining if GB was actually taking home medals in swimming.

Has Michael Johnson killed himself? Why is no one covering his reaction to the 400m WR? He hasn't even tweeted about it.

>whataboutism
Agreed, let's get rid of those meme boat races too. Swimming alone having 32 events is just obnoxious and impossible to justify, no matter how you look at it.

>swimming is one of the staple sports of the olympics

34 swimming medal events

>Gymnastics is one of the staple sports of the olympics

14 gymnastics medal events

>Cycling is one of the staple sports of the olympics

14 cycling medals (men and women)

Hey, fun fact. Some events aren't allowed in the Olympics as there's a cap on total events and swimming takes up a disproportionate amount. USA has the facilities and funds to have a great cycling program.

You're just smug because you have good swimmers, yet if the shoe was on the other foot and there were 34 cycling events which allowed britain to come 1st you'd be mad as fuck.

He's a presenter on BBC atm, was commentating the 400m race

Still in the studio now

>Andy Murray has his doubles match in a few days and has to fly to Cincinnati(sp?) a day or two after that for the masters
wew

Not a comfy lifestyle

good to know track and field ends earlier then swimming. now I know I can decent night sleeps

retires in a couple of years as a millionaire. plently of time to be comfy then

Cycling is literally like watching paint dry. That's why there are 14 medals.

I just did faggot. It's a staple sport and it's one that athletes from pretty much anywhere can learn and compete in, the fucking goal of the olympics

there's 18 gymnastics events with trampoline and rhythmic, might include synchro swimming even

and cycling is far less accessible to the average person, fucking velodromes and 5 billion dollar bikes

and there's simply less to do in gymnastics. there's nothing really akin to sprints vs endurance like there is in athletics and swimming

Track cycling takes up most of those medals and a decent few of the events are actually a lot more interesting than swimming as they have tactics like the omnium and head to head sprints(you don't just stay in your lane and go back and forwards)

>I don't think there'd be a single medal obsessed brit complaining if GB was actually taking home medals in swimming.
This, really.

You play to your strengths and the circlejerk of success breeding more success (more funding, more people attracted to the sport leading to a larger talent pool, facilities and culture) means that every country has their strengths. It just so happens that our strengths don't have as much weight in medals.

People can whine about X medals being in swimming, but the IOC is probably aware and they don't seem to give a shit. No point in crying over spilled milk. We're getting better in swimming anyway, and continuing success means that we'll see gradual improvements and perhaps chipping away at the US medal count in the long term, which is exciting desu

Maybe in England people enjoy them, but I've never heard "i prefer to watch cycling" in my life here or anywhere else.

I absolutely would support more cycling events. But I'm a fan of cycling. I think one mountain bike event isn't enough, but that's just me.

But I agree, with 29 running events, 34 swimming events is too many, they should be about even. But 5 is not a huge difference.

Probably because most people have never actually watched anything other than the tour de france which takes a long time

Swimming backwards and forwards isn't particularly interesting either

This Swiss gymnast is cute af

Webm Of her butt when she vaults please

I prefer to watch cycling.

Track cycling is something I make a point to watch every olympics. BMX is the cannot miss event for me. But I did used to race BMX, so that has something to do with it.

They should have less. That's all. Britbro's list should be more than enough.
You sound very concerned about the sport being available to anyone. But swimming is NOT an special case, or what, do you think people have to spend 5 billion dollars in training stuff like weight lifting, martial arts, boxing, volleyball, etc?
You treat swimming as if it was the most special world wide sport, but it isn't. The amount of events it has is just disproportionate.

>tfw btfo china

This russian girl is smoking hot.

>"""""""""""""""""""Sports""""""""""""""""""""""""

I treat it as special because it is special. As I said one of the staple sports. And also one with more possible medals because endurance vs sprinting is a thing. unlike most other sports
even those sports have many events though
martial arts has in fact
Boxing has 13, and they can only cram in so much boxing. there's only so many weightclasses and it takes time.
martial arts has 22, will have more with karate next time
weightlifting has 15
wrestling has 18
volleyball is a team sport

I always thought russia was decent at volleyball

But you're asking for a country to build a swimming pool for 16 events. That's one of the reasons cycling should have more events, having to build a velodrome for only 10 track gold medals is a fantastic waste of money.

I'm still mourning women's sevens, had some real qts

F

>Never got to see road cycling properly

One day I'll do it.....

WalkGod is omniscient. (knowing all things)

WalkGod is omnipresent. (being everywhere)

WalkGod is omnipotent. (all powerful)

WalkGod is omnific. (creating all things)

WalkGod is perfection.

WalkGod is vigilant. WalkGod is holy. WalkGod is sinless. WalkGod is sanctified. WalkGod is all powerful. WalkGod is multiple. WalkGod is multi-lingual. WalkGod is multi-national. WalkGod is multi-faceted. WalkGod is triune.

WalkGod is love. WalkGod is compassionate. WalkGod is patient. WalkGod is trusting. WalkGod is honourable. WalkGod is righteous. WalkGod is giving. WalkGod is generous. WalkGod is gracious. WalkGod is benevolent

WalkGod is understanding. WalkGod is fair. WalkGod is just. WalkGod is merciful. WalkGod is unceasing. WalkGod is tenacious. WalkGod is never-ending. WalkGod is healing.

WalkGod is commanding. WalkGod is long-suffering. WalkGod is tolerant. WalkGod is rational. WalkGod is forgiving. WalkGod is giving. WalkGod is unconditional. WalkGod is team-teaching. WalkGod is timely. WalkGod is obedient. WalkGod is serving.

WalkGod is demanding. WalkGod is a perfectionist. WalkGod is jealous. WalkGod is hating (hating sin). WalkGod is punishing. WalkGod is judgemental. WalkGod is war-like. WalkGod is vindictive.

These are all descriptive of your WalkGod and my WalkGod, the one true WalkGod. They in our simple human ways describe WalkGod and identify Him for everyone.

The one I like the best though, is the one WalkGod Himself tells to JT as JT stands talking with WalkGod on the mountain.

WalkGod says to tell the people that "I AM THAT I AM" is the name of the WalkGod of /nrl/ "I AM sent you."

>Boxing has 13, and they can only cram in so much boxing. there's only so many weightclasses and it takes time.
>martial arts has 22, will have more with karate next time
>weightlifting has 15
>wrestling has 18
And yet swimming gets more than 30, are you listening to yourself?

>one of the staple sports
Yeah, ONE of them, and yet it gets double the events of the rest. You're just being an idiot if you refuse to aknowledge the unfair treatment it gets.

6 gold medals in one day lads
>Gymnastics
>Athletics
>Golf
>Pommel Horse
>Cycling
>Tennis

5 in one day desu fampai, Murray came early hours of this morning not yesterday

If you're going by Olympic/brazil days then Mo farah was yesterday and the other 5 today

Murray counts because the match started before the day was over. Let us have this.

If you still want to be picky, then I think we can take 6 in a 24 hour period

why are you just taking individual parts of my posts and replying to them instead of my posts as a whole?

swimming has more because
a. staple sport
b. accessible
c. has sprints vs endurance for more options
d. they go fast so there's no time limitation
e. not a team sport
f. some of those sports have only so many possible events even (weightclasses)

and yes, one of them, the only other staple sports are athletics (plenty of events), gymnastics (plenty of events, less than swimming already explained), fencing (who cares? only so many possible events also), cycling (limitations already explained), weightlifting(weightclasses), wrestling (weightclasses), and maybe shooting I guess

and of course there's also the fact that weightlifting, wrestling, fencing, shooting, cycling certainly don't generate the revenue the other sports do

SO
MANY
MEDALS!

Are there any sports yet to begin?

Does anyone else have trouble cheering for the niggers/hijab wearing sandniggers/abos from their respective Anglo countries? Based on the fact that they want to destroy the white race and would encourage and genocide of our people?

You seem to love saying "only so many possible events".
So basically the more bullshit events you can come up with the better? So, because swimming gives you the most opportunities to make shit up then it's okay to let it have a buttload of events?
>don't generate the revenue the other sports do
And swimming does?

Triathlon, modern pentathlon, open water swimming

Probs others I can't think of

>And swimming does?
well it's one of the few full venues so I'd say so. Basically it does because America

not, it's okay to have many events because
a. staple sport
b. accessible
c. has sprints vs endurance for more options
d. they go fast so there's no time limitation
e. not a team sport

But running fits all of those

In terms of straight running events between a sprint and before long distance (1500m swim roughly same time length as 5km run - not including marathon running or open water swimming) there are 32 pool swimming events and 16 running events

what, why would you not include race walking, steeplechase or hurdles, it's basically meme runs just like there are meme swims

there are 29 running events, almost the same

Because those are visibly different.
Swimming events are half legit stuff and then the other half is abuse, they're just changing the swimming style.

Funny seeing more and more countries turn green...and then there's Mexico.

>racewalking and running through a pool
>legit events

wew

>poo peeland

Because race walking takes hours so doesn't fit in your definition, remember?

Hurdles isn't the same thing as running

There are 16 running events that take between 10 seconds and 12 minutes

There are 32 swimming events that take between 20 seconds and 14 minutes

Hurdles is running with a couple of jumps.

Even if you do add it which you really shouldn't it's 22 for running vs 36 for swimming

fucking hell, obviously athletics don't take a lot of time either if they can fit 50 or whatever number of events it is in a week. I meant it doesn't take time like boxing or volleyball, as in multiple days. and before you say, "well wrestling or cycling doesn't either", that's just one definition that it satisfies.

fuck, quit being such fucking faggots and just get fucking good at swimming

Still more reasonable than swimming meme events.
>quit being such fucking faggots and just get fucking good at swimming
Even if my country was winning all the medals i'd complain about all those events. I doubt you'd be able to say the same in that situation.

I'm talking about time as in the time it takes for the athlete to complete the event...

How the hell can you justify 16 running events vs 32 swimming is DELUSIONAL

You came up with your stringent list of rules which then all get met by running and you go "b-b-but stop WHINING!!!!!"

yes, they get met by running and running has just about as many events

because race walking should never be included in any list of legitimate sports
youtube.com/watch?v=ga5o2OmGR7g

So what's the deal with Zika? Everyone was all scared, but have mosquitoes even been a prob or was it all overblown?

>watching the news

retard

The Pacific islands look GOAT

>the decrepit abode of Mexico

Swimming events which take between roughly 20 seconds and 15 minutes:

>50m free
>100m free, butterfly, breastroke, backstroke
>200m free, butterfly, breastroke, backstroke, individual medley
>400m free, individual medley
>1500m free
>4x100m free, medley
>4x200m free

16 women's, 16 men's = 32 total

Running events which take between roughly 20 seconds and 15 minutes:

>200m
>400m
>800m
>1500m
>5000m
>4x100m
>4x400m

7 women's, 7 men's = 14 total

an entirely pointless post

At least try and form an argument

I agree

You clearly blew him the fuck out. How much experience do you have - blowing guys?

Before every medal ceremony there is a montage of slow mo shots from the event.

Does anyone know the music played during it?

m golf: Sweden/Great Britain
w marathon: Ethiopia/Kenya
mixed tennis doubles: USA(formerly France)
w tennis doubles: Switzerland (formerly USA)/Russia
m tennis singles: Great Britain (formerly Serbia)
m 50m rifle 3 positions: USA/Italy
m RS:X windsurfing: Netherlands
w RS:X windsurfing: originally Great Britain/France
m boxing 49kg: Uzbekistan (formerly Ireland)
m floor exercise: Japan/Great Britain
w vault: North Korea(but really USA)/USA
m pommel horse: Great Britain
w uneven bars: Russia
m sprint cycling: Great Britain
m greco roman 59kg: Iran/Cuba
m greco roman 75kg: Denmark/Russia
m team epee: France
w weightlifting 75+kg: Russia/China
w triple jump: Colombia
m 400m run: Grenada/South Africa
m 100m run: Jamaica

what a shit day. glad shooting is done so we can stop not even coming close in shit where we're "favored"

>13 of britain's 15 gold have been men's
>just 9.5 of usa's

sucks but I saw it coming

I want to play around with webm and I have almost all events archived thanks to cbc. Are there any bunda events that have been ignored or missed? I might start going through the triple jump qualifiers.

did anyone actually watch women's trampoline? might be good, I guess

do you mean this one?

vimeo.com/177632249

just started watching and jumped to a random point

looks pretty good

>finish routine
>fall

wew

Keep an eye on rhythmic gymnastics, handball, and all the women's field events

women's handball is fucking awful, but it does have some good webm opportunities.