Alternative classical (acoustic)

>guitar
>mandolin
>banjo
>uke
>piano
>hamonica

I want to eventually pick up lute, dulcimer and kalimba

Not really about it, but I feel ya, I just enjoy playing thrash cause its fast and exciting

My grandparents have a dulcimer, i dont know how that can make music though

There's different kinds of dulcimers. I'll start off with a lap dulcimer but ultimately want a hammered dulcimer. Do you know what kind they have?

Flamenco guitar.

Eat nylon, kid.

Blues and thrash metal

On a Tokai Les Paul copy

Hammered

I respect that, I would get a gibson if it weren't so pricey, i'd rather just get an epiphone

Used to be really into thrash. Listen to cross examination if you havenvt already. They sound alot like municipal waste.

Thrash metal is pretty fun to play, and easy to write, too

Djent is the ultimate easy to write music

Bassist, love playing jazz honestly. Have a 5 string electric carvin rn because I do funk stuff as well

Progressive rock mainly, or prog folk
Guilty pleasure is jazzing up the feeling of people like NSN (all feelsy but still impressive instrumentals)

Any bassist worth their salt seems to love to play jazz

Bandless now, so I play what ever the fuck I want. Thrash, rock, jazz, blues, country, avant-garde, what the fuck ever I feel like.

I play guitar and mostly bass. I have too many God damn amps.

Pic of all amps please

Yeah man, alternative, regular rock, and blues stuff can fuck off with with their same 4 change quarter note shit. I get the appeal in metal for guitarists and bassists as well but never really felt it personally. I've been with jazz for 6 years now and it's both the most challenging and the most fun

Black metal, post-rock and early 60's instrumental rock.

Epiphones are pretty well made guitars. I have 4 of them, one not shown.

I feel you. Been playing guitar for 11 years. Got into jazz for the last couple and it's extremely rewarding.

I play alternative and blues guitar, but I've been known to mess with a piano, mandolin, bass, ukulele and banjo.

All about the keys and synths! Industrial music all the way

What about industrial music is enjoyable to you? I haven't listened to nearly any. Can you name a song I can check out?

youtube.com/watch?v=XAsPeY8BsQU

I love the layers and depth that comes with it. Listening to a song over and over and finding something you didn't hear before. As far as what to check out, I'd say a great example would be Brute by KMFDM. And Hot Hole by PIG

Guitar, bass, and banjo, I like playing folk, punk, and ska generally.

General metal.
Been getting into some old school 80s stuff lately
Like some stoner/doom ,aswell as power and vidya covers. have a penchant for blues aswell.
>pic related is custom im having made
>Link related is cover that ive been listening to alot lately

youtube.com/watch?v=xKQ8wfuzUG0
>shit im retarded, heres link

Tromboner here, rock and jazz usually provide the most fun and best paying gigs, so those.

Blues and Classic Rock

No pics cause lazy but it's:
71 v4b
78 svt
SVT 3 pro
2 bag end 212s
Ampeg 115e
Genz Benz 410t

Classic Rock to early Metal
Getting into Judas Priest lately
Play guitar because i'm original :P

I also play prog and hold thrash metal to a high regard. stop being an elitist prick, you're what gives musicans a bad name.

You'll never get the spirit of music in that mindset.

What a stupid guitar. Good luck trying to get a decent tone out of that

Metal and grunge

I play bass, mainly metal, but I try not to limit myself by genre.

Ibanez gsr 206

Technical death metal. It's weird I love how deathcore and djent music sounds but I fucking hate trying to play it.

Thrash is fun as fuck to play. Angel of Death is my go to song.

Drums

Like playing metal, deathcore because breakdowns are easymode. Self taught so I'm a little handicapped at learning songs, haven't been able to train my ear to pick apart drum fills. I practice whatever and whenever I can. I like lots of music genres except for country, opera, folk, and anything with bagpipes.

Heavy Metal!

Death metal with style closed to suffocation, morbid angel and dismember.

Playing around with guitar multieffects for some trippy / ambient is pretty fun thing to do recently

Metal, jazz, old rock, punk

Prog/djent/neoclassical with a wall of sound Devin Townsend spin.

> (OP)
bass player here and currently learning Omnipresent Perception bass solo on a fretted 4 strings

I don't really like defining style with a subgenre cos I feel it's all metal and there's no real need to subdivide. But here are the bands who songs I play and derive my originals from:

Protest the Hero
BtBaM (Colors onward)
Dream Theater
Exotic Animal Petting Zoo
Sithu Aye
The Human Abstract
Some Polyphia
SikTh
Last Chance to Reason
Occasionally, The Safety Fire
Also occasionally, The Dillinger Escape Plan

Bassist here, jazz is the best to play, ska ain't bad either

>periphery
>Fender Heavy Metal Stratocaster MIJ

Progressive post-hardcore/ambient rock on a 1979 Gibson SG and 1986 Telecaster

Pic related
/thread

piano, mezzo-forte :^)

Look user, Periphery is good, but they aren't the be all end all in music, in metal, or even in djent. Be reasonable.

nice medium loud bro

>not playing a harpsichord

Periphery was really cool for about 2 months. All their shit sounds the same. Same for Animals as Leaders. The whole djent scene is pretty hopeless nowadays in fact.
I'm more and more able to see the value of "simple" music.

Fusion/prog

Cuz im not good enough to play jazz and i like to improv

Also i love playing classical, its just soothing

I enjoy just making up melodies or shredding to see what i can do. It sounds cool too IMO. Even if theyre just arpeggios or scales.

alternative rock, grunge and garage rock. My Stratocaster is basically this one but a lil bit newer.

I'm really liking Tame Impala at the minute.

I feel u bro. I wrote an album of instrumental guitar prog and now ive started writing pop to play in bars and stuff. Its a different kind of skill and its really enjoyable

Dixieland jazz on trumpet, folk on guitar, classical on Violin and baroque and renaissance on recorder.

hell yeah

>baroque and renaissance on recorder
Pic related

whats wrong with baroque and renaissance music?

Pop punk. Super fun to play, but also, I am just an intermediate player so that kind of stuff is mostly all I can play for the time being. I'm still practicing for a few hours a day because I really want to learn how to play metal, but my picking techniques are still way off.

Ain't the music, it's the instrument.

>Hot Cross Buns Sonata Op. 23 in Eb

as if it matters where it was made. Its a fucking fender lol

youtube.com/watch?v=WXkRgUvY6PM&ab_channel=TheRoyalWindMusic

you do know there is a difference between playing it professionally as opposed to playing at a beginner level, right?

I have 8 guitars, this one isn't the most expensive but it plays and sounds great. I play everything but a lot of thrash metal.

dubstep

Alt rock all the way

Of course I do. What I don't get is the part where someone wakes up and says "I know what I want to do: be a fucking pro at the $5 plinky plonky plastic instrument that all kids in primary are forced to play."

Alt rock and synthpop rock.

But I want to learn prog and even math rock

>guitar
Been playing for about 2 years, and style varies quite alot, though no super heavy ones, not a big fan of that. Only got an electric guitar(ibanez gio grg170), but I play alot of acoustic type of strumming too, which works just fine with that.

Since I'm self taught, and I started to realize my learning progress got slow, when I just look for tabs. I finally started to learn the "musical theory", (if it's called that) such as scales and chords, so I'm feeling pretty good about this. Hopefully in few months I'm able to read sheets.

>bass guitar
Mostly slap on bass, cos that's the most fun to play. Basically as long as it's funky.

wtf is this garbage!

here ya go

youtube.com/watch?v=SwN8cIMq8wI

I enjoy Renaissance music so I learned the recorder and joined an early music group, is that so outlandish?

gotta be tuning issues there

lately i've been playing old randy rhoads stuff

blizzard and diary of a madman have some epic riffs.

usually i play bass in a jazz trio so a lot of muzak

lol, that's cute.

And since I'm here, could anyone recommend me the best ways, or the best online lesson to learn to read the sheets?

Funk Metal or Alternative Metal. I picked up bass after being heavily influenced by Claypool and Flea.

Sludgey fuckin stoner doom metal

Kinda

>alt classical?
is that even really a thing or did you just make it up?

Flea is a fucking bass God

It's like Neoclassicism but instead of having talent, they cry in to their Brahms love pillow and wonder why they can't write like Creston.

youtube.com/watch?v=SwN8cIMq8wI

quit posting this garbage please.

>math rock
>skramz

Should i even bother looking into music theory and notes stuff? Im self taught and been playing for like 5 years

we can't all like thrash metal bro, there's more to music than just Rock.(using "rock" as an umbrella term)

>we can't all like thrash metal bro
Why the fuck not?

baited hard

If you're interested in writing music, theory helps you understand the building blocks a little better. However plenty of people get by just fine creating things that simply sound right to them

because noise metal is way better, duh.

Okay because thats what ive been doing lately ive just been making things up that sounds good any tips on how to get better?

this fucker obviously that answered you knows nothing about writing. Theory will show you the formula to follow when writing, make sure you look into this. Music is basically math.

Fair point, user.

Thoughts on pic related?

Fuck outta here before you scare him off with a 12x12

thrash metal is for that dude thats like 54 and still "rocking out" to metallica while smoking meth out a lightbulb

In succession, MESA, ENGL, SOLDANO, ORANGE, 2x12 stacked as high of rolands

It helps to know why you like the music that you do. You don't need to learn useless shit like figured bass and roman numeral analysis to make your songs better. Just listen for small things in a song that really speak to you, then play with it. Music isn't fucking math, it is play-doh.

Anyone? Doesn't have to be online though, I'm ordering some strings soon, so I could maybe buy a book in the same bundle.